Manchester, NH
Southern New Hampshire University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern New Hampshire University

Jan

It is a great university to live and learn.

It is a great university to live and learn.

Jaime

I enjoy knowing that I am part of a school that puts its students first! They have multiple options for learning whether it is online or on campus. The professors seem to genuinely care about you and want you to succeed and be a function member of society.

Connie

Advisors are not very good.

Advisors are not very good.

Jasmine

Best online college I have attended.

Best online college I have attended.

Mat

I am actually an online student of Southern New Hampshire University, because of my work schedule I would not have time to attend an actual campus. The teachers are great to work with, are understanding of the problems that life can dish out, and are highly knowledgeable about the subjects in which they teach.

trista

I am an online student with SNHU, and I love it. Everything is so easy to understand. I am always able to get prompt attention from my advisor, financial aid department, and even my professors. I always though online schooling would be very hard, especially because I am a visual learner, but they help in any way they can to make sure their students succeed.

Helen

It is an enjoyable school. Some professors have been amazing while some have been average. They are helpful and can often be reached over email if needed. The school understands having a balance in life and the work load so far has reflected that. There are many available resources to help you succeed, if you are willing to use them.

I am currently enrolled but have not started classes. Admission process was easy and staff at this point is friendly. I chose SNHU because the graduation rate, affordable tuition, plentiful BA degrees, a great reviews. I got my associates degree from a nationally accredited college and many regionally accredited schools do not transfers credits however SNHU did!

Shannon
Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

Dorms are great, but Shapiro Library is amazing! It has a Starbucks cafe right on the first floor (and yes, you can use your meal plan money there!). On the second floor is the Learning Commons where tutors are located or you can go in and request personal, one-on-one sessions if you prefer that as well! The third floor has a quiet/no-talking zone if you really need to focus. My favorite place within the library are the private work rooms. You do have to book them ahead of time online, but it's all worth it. They're the perfect place to do work with friends while still being away from everyone else, allowing you better focus on your work.

The absences policy for classes. I know of schools that don't have an absence policy and their students do great. I feel if a student is staying on top of their work and getting the grades, why does it matter if he/she shows up to class. It' one thing if it's a day with a lot of class participation, but for lectures... most professors put the powerpoints online anyway. If a professor is just going to waste my time reading off of a powerpoint trying to "teach" me something, why should I bother going to that class in the first place? Also, there are a series of four SNHU classes (SNHU 101 for incoming freshmen, SNHU 202 for transfer students, SNHU 303 for juniors, and SNHU 404 for seniors). These classes are supposed to give you a friendly push in the direction you want to be heading. They're supposed to be low stress and low structure/free curriculum. Sadly, they're the exact opposite. As an incoming freshman last year I was extremely overwhelmed and mainly, it all stemmed from this class. I also made friends with many of the upperclassmen and they felt the same way about these SNHU classes being pointless.

What's the Greek scene like?

We have three sororities and fraternities on campus. The three fraternities and sororities consist of one nationally recognized sorority and fraternity and two local sororities and fraternities. The national sorority is Kappa Chi, while the fraternity is Kappa Delta Phi. One of the local sororities is Phi Delta Beta, while their brothers are Phi Delta Theta. And the last local sorority is Phi Omega Psi, and the fraternity is Phi Delta Psi. I joined a sorority my first semester of freshmen year and it was the best choice I've ever made for myself. You get the opportunity to meet some amazing people and there are plenty of sororities/fraternities to see which one is the best fit for you as each organization has their own unique personality to go along with it. Greek life at SNHU also likes to focus on community, working together, and philanthropy.Southern New Hampshire University also has a no-hazing policy so you don't have to worry about anything from the movies you've seen actually happening in real life. I definitely recommend looking into greek life no matter if you're an incoming freshmen, transfer student, or current student at SNHU!

Sharon

My overall opinion is that Southern New Hampshire University is a great school to attend.

Southern New Hampshire University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.