Southern New Hampshire University

« See more reviews of Southern New Hampshire University

PublicSafety & FinancialAid. Public safety doesnt get involved if there is a fight on campus. if you want a ride to your dorm when its dark out they wont help you (they claim they offer this service). if you report an accident or vandalism it takes them a long time to respond and give you the help you need. The financial aid office ONLY gives out money to kids and families who have little to no money...thats great, but people like me, whose family makes money but still cant pay for this school, dont qualify for any money at all.

One of the worst things I found at my school was the support for new students. During orientation everything sounds wonderful and we can't wait to get on campus. But, when you are faced with a situation that you have never encountered before, and you have exhausted every avenue to remedy it, and the university does not seem to care it becomes all consuming not just for the student but the student's family as well.

I don't see much negative in the college I attend. They have helped me so much withfinancial aid, and getting me a loan I had no idea about. Without that loan I wouldn't have been able to attend. Education means so much to me, and they are so good to their students. They reach out and help when you are unable to complete assignments. I couldn't have asked for a better school.

The worst thing about this school is that I was not informed properly when I began. Apparently, their financial aid starts with Term 6, instead of Term 1. So I lost a significant amount of grant money that I was supposed to have for the year. Also, they won't just give you the money for the year. If you don't take 2 classes every term, you don't get the full grant amounts.

I am currently enrolled in Rhode Island College, and what I consider to be the worst part of this school is the fact that it reminds me of high school. Everyone on campus still has the high school mentality and is not ready to grow up. I blame this on the fact that the campus is filled with commuters, and doesn't give you many options to enjoy yourself.

The worst thing about SNHU for me is that the food is expensive. I'm a commuter student so there's probably worse things that I don't know about, but since I don't have a meal plan I have to pay for all the food I get on campus. I've pretty much stopped eating at the Dining Center because it costs so much; I just eat at home before and after class.

Condsidering I have yet to start at this school, I can't say that I have a solid enough evaluation of what I could even consider to be a negative towards this university. I'm sure the most difficult thing will not be the university itself, but rather the management of time for work and school while still working a full time job.

The worst part about Southern New Hampshire University is that since they make the school so helpful for students, a lot of people who shouldn't be in school are. It makes it hard for the teachers to cater to all the needs, especially of students who don't even want to be there. I find it hard to be challenged in that setting.

There is not really anything negative I can say about SNHU. I am full time online student and the teachers get back to you quickly. I have one teache that is kind of distant with grading and class involvement , but I am commited to succeed so I do the leg work and I can express my views and experience with teacher evaluations.

the size of the school library has to be the only bad thing i can think of. The library needs to be larger in order to accomodate the growing number of students. There are not enough computers or seats for all students to use in the library, however there are plenty of computers elsewhere on campus.