Southern New Hampshire University

« See more reviews of Southern New Hampshire University

SNHU is very much like another version of high school. The classes are small, which can be a good thing for student/professor interaction, but most of the kids are also still living in some kind of high school society. The same issues and drama that arose in high school are still alive and well here, and it doesn't really seem like they have any intention of leaving.

The most frustrating thing about SNHU is the technical difficulties the online blackboard tends to have each term. There are usually 2-3 days where the online aspect of the school is either running slow or completely down. The school does "compensate" for this, though, and oftentimes, deadlines will be extended to make up for the technical issues.

What I find frustrating is the lack of office hours for academic advisors. When it is that time of year to register for the next semester you will be lucky to see your advisor. My advisor last year had office hours twice a week for only a few hours. I had to track him down by asking other advisors and professors for help to locate him.

There really is not anything that is frustrating about SNHU. It is school so there is alot of work to be done. But it would be that way at any school you attend. I enjoy SNHU alot and I really would not change much about it.

The teachers because they dont really help you out and make time they just have one or two day a week office hours just for students but not there long enough to help everyone.

The most frustrating thing about my school is its location. I constantly feel as if I am trapped in the middle of the nowhere once I leave campus.

The cost of tuition! Although I realize I wouldn't get a break anywhere else it was my oppurtunity to gripe.

Many of the lower level courses have very poor professors and many of the students are very poor as well.

Everything from the faculty not knowing what they are doing to the power tripping public safety officers

The most frustrating thing about my school is that they do not offer scholarships to online students.