Southern New Hampshire University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Southern New Hampshire University

Thomas

Its great!!! People are friendly and always willing to help if needed. Talking with college representatives is a great experience. They help you understand what is expected and will help guide you to the next steps. Positive environment. They want to help you exceed in what you do.

alyssa

Southern New Hampshire university is a very paced university. It is a welcoming environment and the professors are available 24/7 for assistance. There is a multitude of resources available for students online and on campus. The president of SNHU, also does a lot to make students feel valued and protected.

Erin

I absolutely love SNHU. The university offers a plethora of opportunities for students during enrollment and in preparation for completion and life after graduation. The faculty are some of the best I've encountered and worked with within my collegiate career. I recommend SNHU to anyone looking to go back to school or looking to take online classes.

Miracle

Im goin to love it cause im goin online

Brittney

It’s a great school and kind staff

jessica

I completely love the school especially the option to do online and campus work. This school to me has been by far the best and the teachers are above amazing because any help you need they oversee you get help and explain everything to the best of their knowledge and yours. I cant wait until I finish to say i finally did something amazing.

Dorothy

I have never been to the campus. I study online so I will review that experience. SNHU offers many different degrees online. I am in my third year with online classes and carry a 3.71 gpa. The school is very thorough with offering different programs and resources to help you do the best that you can. I also enjoy the fact that the professors are from different parts of the country.

Tiffany

I love it I wish I new of it sooner! The entire staff are very helpful and friendly. I have a great time in class and have learned a lot. I have never left a class not understanding what was going on. If I ever have a question there is usually someone there to help. The Shapiro Library is the best. There are many mentors and tutors and extra help specially with writing that are always available.

Tanja

Many of the questions didn't apply to me since I'm an online student. However, the online program is wonderful and I only have positive experiences. The professors are wonderful and very accessible. I have access to every required material. The library is great.

Portia

I am so happy to be apart of this school. Classes are interesting, and the professors and other staff are very supportive.

Deidre

This university cares about their students. They want us all to succeed and they are big on diversity. The professors care, the staff cares and they help create a positive environment. Students are included in decisions being made. They are always interested in hearing our opinions and what they can improve on. Putting the student first is a big priority for this university.

Shane

I love this school. Coming from someone who hasn't attended in over a decade, they've made the whole process and experience more than I could ever hope for. The academic advisors are amazing and the professors/instructors are flexible and willing to help in any way you may need. I'm so very thankful I found this school.

ERICA

I attended the school online so many of the questions asked don't apply. However, I received both my bachelor and master's programs at SNHU and think they have an amazing online platform. Not all professors are 5* but most of them are. Definitely pleased with my experience at SNHU!

Katie

I really enjoy the school. The instructors are very open to communicate with the student and are involved on the discussion boards on a multiple times a day basis. Always up to date information and easy to read and understand instructions to each assignment. The only thing I wish there was more assistance with is the financial aid. I honestly have no idea what I am doing in the financial aid department. The only thing I know forsure is that the school is receiving my tuition payments.

Cassandra

I am an online student but have taken a virtual tour and the campus is beautiful. It appears to be very safe and inviting and the teachers for online are extremely helpful and concerned with their student's success. The teachers keep regular office hours and are available in case of emergencies as well.

Dylan

SNHU is a great choice for a student who wants to finish a degree and move on with their life. They make it easy to enroll and provide excellent 'customer service.' The price tag is reasonable and everyone is kind, helpful, and understanding in the COCE (College of continuing education, or online college). However, it's also important to note that this is not a rigorous school and you will not be surrounded by many intellectually engaged students. Some classmates have barely high school level writing skills. Some do the minimum or less but seem to coast by. It is an easy school. You can always go above and beyond and really challenge yourself, but that's up to you- you can get an A with a far more minimal effort. All in all, as a disabled online student who had a mix of credits, SNHU is providing me a real path to graduation that I wouldn't have had otherwise. My experience as an undergrad would not encourage me to pursue graduate study here, because I would be looking for a better academic experience than I've yet had, but I am still a fan of SNHU.

AliCIA

I love Southern New Hampshire University. The Teachers are caring the advisors are always willing to help and I love the atmosphere the people are friendly. I dont feel like I'm alone theres alot of help for example the financial aids office the Writing Lab to help when you have questions with anything.

Yvonne

Southern New Hampshire University is a pretty decent school. It's relatively small--sometimes I feel like I'm still in high school, because of the size of the classes. I really enjoy the class sizes, because you really get to know your classmates and your professors. Campus is beautiful and it's overall a very good school to attend.

Krystina

great school, nice atmosphere

Elijah

Southern New Hampshire University is a splendid school with a great staff that supports your every need my guidance councilor does an outstanding job of keeping me on track and she answers all of my questions in a timely and informative manner. For me a good support system is everything I have ADD and ADHD and so I need a lot of help and support in order to succeed, and at SNHU the teachers here all are very accommodating and treat me with respect and help me and answer any and all my questions. In conclusion I highly recommend coming to SNHU and if you live far away from campus the online courses are just as supportive.

kimberely

My overall opinion of Southern New Hampshire University is based on visiting the campus for graduation as I am an online student. There online program is great because it allows me to work a full time job while continuing my education. Lastly, this school will accommodate their students if they ask ahead of time for it.

My experience has been incredible thus far and I am excited and eager to continue through my undergraduate degree.

Anna

I fell in love with it once I first stepped on campus as a child. I did not know if I wanted to go there or to UNH, but I chose SNHU because of how great of an education program there is. Also, the many opportunities students have to be involved is amazing. You would have to try very hard to NOT be involved in this school!

Angela

I am an online student but I love that I can get an excellent education for my major and I feel challenged. I can always get in touch with my adviser and she is happy to help with any issue that I have. My teachers answer emails in a reasonable amount of time and they are happy to help with any issue that arises with the studies. I have access to online resources such as the library and financial aid and this is great.

Correy

Southern New Hampshire University is a school of diversity, achievement, and many clubs, activities, and events to go to. A school full of passioniate and hardworking students and professors. Professors who take time out of their busy schedules, in office hours to give students the help they need in essays and test questions.

Sharon

My overall opinion is that Southern New Hampshire University is a great school to attend.

I am currently enrolled but have not started classes. Admission process was easy and staff at this point is friendly. I chose SNHU because the graduation rate, affordable tuition, plentiful BA degrees, a great reviews. I got my associates degree from a nationally accredited college and many regionally accredited schools do not transfers credits however SNHU did!

Christina

When I started back my college career after 15 years, I was really nervous but with all the help that I received from applying, advising, and financial aid, everything just sailed through with no issues. I just finished my first 2 online classes and it was great! The professors were quick to answer a question through email. Your adviser calls to see how you are doing often and is very helpful if you need any help or have questions. SNHU has online communities so you can meet your fellow students, online writing help, and online library!! They have so much help for their students and you can tell that they really care about your success! I am very happy I chose SNHU to go back to college!

trista

I am an online student with SNHU, and I love it. Everything is so easy to understand. I am always able to get prompt attention from my advisor, financial aid department, and even my professors. I always though online schooling would be very hard, especially because I am a visual learner, but they help in any way they can to make sure their students succeed.

Katherine

I am a student doing online courses and don't live in the state. From the experiences that I have had working with advisers and other departments, it is a wonderful school. Everyone is there to see you succeed and make you feel welcome. The staff really strive to make sure you have the best experience and to do well in all of your classes. If you have any issues or questions, they are there to help you out.

Heather

Great place to learn but not if you are into the arts. They do after a lot of things to do and are in a great area to keep busy after school. I do feel it can be hard to stay focused on school but that can be true of any school you attend. Just have to keep your mind in the right place.

I really enjoy my classes and advisors so far. I am attending the online program. It is very convenient. I’ve researched the university tremendously and found many things I liked. I however do not know much about the campus housing due to I do online school.

Jasmine

Southern New Hampshire University provided me with the educational experience I have always wanted. It took me three years to find a university I felt I could excel at and Southern New Hampshire University proved to be that and then some. My professors, academic advisor and peers were extremely supportive during my two year journey. I am extremely grateful I pursued my Associate degree here.

Danielle

I go to a satellite campus of Southern New Hampshire University in Salem, NH. We take the same classes and work towards the same degree, but in more of a community college setting. We don't have an on-campus housing option, but I really wish we did. We also only have a vending machine on campus, so there is no food option. I like my campus I just wish the classes were more relevant to my degree and that we had more options for courses.

I love SNHU! I always feel so welcome. The professors are so knowledgable and are just great teachers. I love the housing and I feel right at home. I always feel safe and Im never really bored.

I love Southern New Hampshire University! Coming from a school where the teachers were never involved, the students were not friendly and the atmosphere was dark and dreary, I have a whole new love for going to college! I cannot say enough great things about this school and their criminal justice program.

Tiana

I think it is an amazing university, what makes it so great is because of the faculty. They are always there for you no matter if it's a personal issue or an academic one, I'm going to school online so them being there for me is a major priority. And I also work full time, so being able to choose how many courses I can take for 8 weeks! Is amazing, no other school offers that. If you're a working professional but want to go back to school, this is the best school to go too. I'd recommend it to any and everyone!

Tempprince

I find it to be a very involved and caring school. The staff is very nice and genuinely involved in your academics.

Christa

This school is put together well, they keep the students involved and they are genuinely concerned and interested in the success of students. SNHU has a great career assistance program and they continue to encourage me through my schooling to seek out the career I would like and strive to land a great job. Even their online programs are top-notch and fairly priced. The online professors are available for normal hours as well and they are always willing to talk and provide assistance to their students.

Rebekah

I love attending Southern New Hampshire University! My professors are always accessible and give feedback almost instantly. The classes are always designed to make you think outside your comfort zone and encourage discussion and collaboration. Fellow classmates always encourage lively debates about your topics and help give writing tips on papers. Overall, I love my experience at SNHU!

Charlotte

It is a gorgeous campus, full of nice people and I recommend it to all students, especially those of a business major. I am in an honors program that helps students get their masters in four years rather than six, and I believe this to be the best part of the school

Helen

It is an enjoyable school. Some professors have been amazing while some have been average. They are helpful and can often be reached over email if needed. The school understands having a balance in life and the work load so far has reflected that. There are many available resources to help you succeed, if you are willing to use them.

Matthew

It is an excellent school with affordable rates, an in depth online program, and approachable instructors. There's plenty of customization on academic paths and information to help you make an informed decision, every step of the way. Any questions I've come up with has been answered swiftly and as well as possible.

Andrea

I am a proud Sophmore at Southern New Hampshire University! Although I am an online student, the advisors, staff, and the professors have all made me feel like I matter. The professors work closely with their students, the advisors I've had checked in with me often throughout each term, and when I had issues with my financial aid, the staff there always answered my questions and resolved the problems.

marina

I was only there for a year before transferring to another school due to finical reasons. But, the school had a lovely atmosphere. Teachers and staff were always there, food was good, everything at this school was a major plus. I'm glad I went there first though finically it was a struggle. The school can get a little expensive though, which was a downer and why I had to leave. But overall a great experience.

Zeraph

I was an online student of Southern New Hampshire University from 2015-2017 and plan to return to finish my undergraduate degree. When I began my application process, I had just found out that bureaucratic hurdles would be preventing me from enrolling at a different school, and I was scrambling to find a solution. I am disabled and homebound with a severe chronic illness called myalgic encephalomyelitis, and I had already been forced to drop out of my brick-and-mortar state school due to my illness. I was pleasantly surprised, even shocked, by my ability to apply to, and enroll in, SNHU in a matter of a few days. The process was genuinely pain-free. No hurdles; no red tape. I became a college student again, and SNHU began showing me a level of support that I had never before experienced. I had my own adviser who called just to check in. The class registration system was easy to use; my credits were transferred seamlessly; and class expectations were standardized and crystal-clear. SNHU excels by removing the mental load of bureaucracy so you can simply study and excel. For example, class assignments are due on the same days, across all classes. Curricula are standardized to some extent so that individual professors can't generate excess stress with idiosyncratic or confusing rubrics or syllabi. All of these factors make SNHU a uniquely appropriate school for busy adult learners, students with disabilities, and other non-traditional collegiates. On the flip side, standardization does have a cost. This is not a school that provides ample opportunity for self-guided learning, self-designed courses, or uniquely constructed majors and minors. No exceptions will be made for students who have learning goals that don't fit within the programs offered. However, students can turn to the extensive online system of social clubs for extracurricular explorations in politics, creative writing, social issues and more. Similarly, teacher feedback and grading at SNHU can feel cursory and superficial. Teachers tend to be congratulatory in discussions rather than probing and challenging. Detailed feedback on papers is often lacking, so students should be prepared to be more self-guided in their learning than at most other colleges. The highly structured system at SNHU can feel impersonal at times, but the takeaway message is that your education will be exactly what you make of it. If you pour your passion into your classes, you'll come away with the results of passionate self-application to learning. If you try to breeze on through without engaging deeply, you will probably get away with it, but the loss is yours.

Enrique

Southern New Hampshire University is a great school overall. My rating for SNHU is definitely five stars! They're a caring, accepting, and passionate school. Everyone here wants to get to know you and help you reach your dreams in your future career.

Tianna

Since attending SNHU I have been very excited to keep moving forward with my education. Being able to learn at my own pace is what helped a lot and having the professors answer questions in a timely manner was really important. I've recommended many of my friends who were looking to go back to school.

Nicholas

I truly believe that Southern New Hampshire University is a great education resources University that allows its students succeed and achieve more than just a degree. The academic advisers go above and beyond to make sure that each person succeeds. I would recommend Southern New Hampshire University to anyone wishing to have flexibility either online or on campus.

Stacia

Many students are super involved and extremely accepting! There has not been one person that I have met that isn't polite and friendly. Most professors are great at what they teach and are always willing to help one-on-one if you do not understand something. There are a lot of fun activities happening on campus as well, especially during the weekends if you are around. There are normally a lot of free stuff at these events as well, so try to attend as much as possible! You will also meet great, new friends at these events too!

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!