Marietta, GA
Southern Polytechnic State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Polytechnic State University

Brianna

If I could go back to my high school self I would start off by saying that it really doesn't matter what people say or think about you. All that really matters is that you are true to yourself. Just because everyone else is wearing a certain type of clothes or participating in certain events does not mean that you have to do those things too. The next thing I would tell myself is that people will come and go out of your life so don't be afraid of people leaving and getting hurt. Every chapter in your life is going to end but that isn't a reason to not enjoy it. The last thing I would have to say is to live life and have fun. Enjoy every minute of each day because you never know when those days could end. All in all be a person that is kind and enjoys life because you never know where life will take you.

Britney

I am still technically a high school senior. I am Joint-Enrolled through the MOWR program. While technically Joint-Enrolled, I am a full-time student at Southern Polytechnic State University; all my classes are at SPSU; and I live on-campus. Honesty, this is the greatest academic opportunity I have ever had, and I intend to take full advantage of it. Time management is integral to college success but differs greatly from high school, even the Advanced Placement program and courses. If I could go back and talk to myself last (junior) year, I would advise myself to prioritize first. I had five APs in one year, technically, with other classes, volunteering, sports, and other extracurriculars. I needed to prioritize, to ensure I completed tasks of high priority, and not to stress as much over other little things that tended to distract me at that point. Next year, I will probably want to go back in time and tell myself not to overload. With the Joint-Enrollment, full-time college schedule, extracurriculars, the Honors program, volunteering when I can, and my internship, time is scarce, and energy can be lacking. I regularly catch myself in unstable balancing acts.

The natural feeling with the availability of the city down the road. We have woods that we can go into, but we can also walk to Wal-mart if we don't have a car too. Plenty of faculty who are willing to help you with whatever you need or, at least, direct you to where/who you need to go to.

Seperation of majors. There is not much interaction between certain majors once CORE classes are complete.

Casey

It is a small school giving many benifits and a good future outlook.

It is a small school giving many benifits and a good future outlook.

Take as many AP and dual enrolments as courses as possible when in high school. You will not believe how jealous you will be of the students that did so and have 30 or so credits, enough to be a sophomore, before they even start their first class. It is extremely helpful to get some of those classes out of the way as early as possible. Also, try to buy books early at an online source that it is a lot cheaper than the school bookstore. Additionally, remember to stay on top of all you assignments, once you fall behind they are usually no catching up. That is how most people fail classes based on my observation.

Housing, only the new suites are good. All the other options are very rund down.

Heather

If I could go back in time and give myself advice, I would tell myself that what I do now as a high school student really reflects the school I’m accepted in as a college student. During my senior year I was like many other kids my age "naive". I was comfortable and not aware that I was becoming a grown up and things were about to change. I went to a college for a semester, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. For more years than I would have liked I worked on different jobs getting experience. I did eventually go back to college and am still going to college now. I would tell myself the importance of a college education and how I had to be prepared to commit. I am not dissatisfied with the way my life has turned out thus far. I would tell myself to try hard, but also enjoy the ride and not let life pass you by. If there is something you want to be in the future you must go for it and not let any obstacle stand in your way.

Bruce

Southern Poly has a very diverse student body, rangeing foreign exchange students to local high school graduates.

Southern Poly has a more hands on feel than the other schools i considered attending. SPSU also has a large number of groups and clubs on campus.

As an experienced college student, I would tell any graduating senior to prepare for big changes. Most of the time, after graduating from high school, there are two big changes coming. First, college courses, which by them-selves, are time consuming and mentally tiresome. Second, moving away from home, which for most students will be the first time they will auctually live away from there parents. These two changes combined with the urge to go out and enjoy the night life can really impact a students college career.

Pamela

If I could go back in time...WOW!! The first thing would be to finish high school naturally! I made it to the 12th grade before I dropped out due to some personal problems. I only had a few months before graduation. The next thing I would tell myself as a senior is go straight to college!! I waited 10+ years before I attained my GED, and another 3 years before I enrolled in any type of college. It is a much harder thing to do when your older! Especially if you have had a family in the process. The more excuses you make, the longer time goes by, the harder it becomes in my opinion. I often think about how far I could be in my education or my career path if I had gone straight to college. I try to instill this in my daughter. So I would tell myself, dont give up, its too important. With a small whack upon my own head, I would say "Wake up" You only get one life, make the most of it. Education is a beautiful thing! Having said that, it is NEVER too late. I'm living proof!! Thank you

Trey

I myself was a very reclusive person in highschool and kept to myself for most of my school career. The first thing i would tell myself is to join more organizations and groups. They would greatly help me through my classes and just having people to back you up when you need help. Secondly, though no less important, I would tell myself to work on my organization. Learning to work with calendars and using organizers to keep my information together. So that when it comes time for projects or tests it it would not be a surprise everytime and I would be able to prepare myself better.

That worst thing about southern polytechnics that i can think of is the lack of socializing. Due to the small amout out students,compared to other universities, that attend this university you are forced to join multiple organzation to truely net work. Though this is something you should do anyways, it is often hard on the students during the first year or so.

The diversity of Southern Polytechnic is quite broad and anllows most any person to find a group of friends and become social. The only reason a person should not attend this college is if they are not prepared to work. The classes and organizations will not just teach you what you should learn but also make you apply it.

Mohsin

I would tell myself to that it's going to be a tough road as the I, like many of the students, progress to concentrated classes to complete their degree. I would also tell myself to keep up, if not, try to stay ahead of class by researching outside of class; and do not procrastinate in college, work piles up quick!

Worst thing about this school are the roads and pathways. There are quite a few poleholes on the road (which are being repair/filled), and cracks on uneven walkway across the campus.

The students who are interested and want to attend a school with Engineering fields, SPSU should be the school to consider, since there is more emphasis in this category. Also, students who are more into hands-on (technical) learning/projects, this fits is that category very well.

Southern Polytechnic State University is a decently-sized campus with an amalgamation of old and new buildings, plenty of friendly students, and a rockin' Health and Wellness Center.

My classmates are rather awkward guys who are definitely not the hard-core, Georgia State party-types, for which I am grateful.

High schools students are so immature--I didn't realize that at the time. I thought that I was nearly an adult. Now that I am in college and I see how much mroe of the world there is, I would tell myself not to stress so much about the people bullying me, teasing me. They were, (and probably still are), mean, insensitive kids who didn't know the first thing about real life. I would tell myself that college was going to be a much friendlier environment, believe it or not, and to get my head out of my ass and to earn a better grade in Geometry.

Southern Polytechnic State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.