Marietta, GA
Southern Polytechnic State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Polytechnic State University

Brion

My school has a very diverse group of races. Many foreigners come to my school to study. Also, my school offers many different programs for engineers. The architectural program is also ranked extremely high for such a small university.

I would tell myself to apply to more schools just to have many options. Also, I would tell myself to research many schools to show the rankings on the best school for mechanical engineering. Another important thing would be to tell myself to plan my high school classes accordingly to what I will be taking in college. Only take the AP courses that you want to get out of the way and not take in college. Don't take the important college courses junio year so once you get into college you have forgotten the material over senior year. The decisions on what you take and when you take classes in high school is extremely important.

Caroline

If I could go back and tell myself a few things about going to college, I would have a few important things to tell myself. First, I would tell myself that you probably won't stay close with all of your friends in high school like you think you will. Everyone goes to different schools and you'll wear yourself out trying to keep up as well as you currently do. It's ok to move on and make new friends and keep up with a few if possible and those are the friends that matter. Second, I would tell myself not to stress out as much. College is a lot of pressure on high school students and you might not get the same grades as you did in high school and that is completely ok. Finally, I would tell myself to try my hardest, be proud of what I end up doing, and build up a resume as much as possible. Throughout college you should get involved in clubs to build up your resume and do things to further your application. If you do all of these things you'll be fine and ready to graduate from College.

People that want to be challenged in your school work should attend here. Also, people who look to excel, like small class sizes, and want a good chance of being set up with a good job when graduating.

If you are really into a social life and want to join Greek life this is not the right school for you. This school is more academically focused and doesn't have a lot of sports or social activities.

Nathan

The advice I would give my highschool self is be prepared for college. I didn't take the SAT soon enough to get my scores back in time to apply for scholarships. I should have started thinking about college more my junior year. Also, I should have applied for as many scholarships as possible. By not meeting the registration deadlines, I'm having to pay for college with student loans. Also, I would tell my high school self to be a better time manager. Its very easy in college to put assignments on the back burner and not get work done until the last minute, or not done on time. Some final advice I would tell my high school self would be to be myself and make many friends as soon as possible in college. Having many friends on campus make the whole college experience more enjoyable.

I wish I would have known that I needed my official college transcript sent from the university I dual enrolled in while in highschool sent to SPSU. But, this advice can be applied to any school. Just make sure you have all your registration stuff together well in advance when applying for college.

I haven't experienced anything bad about my school yet. Its a great university. One thing that was difficult for me, however, was the registration process. I enrolled in classes the week of orientation and the registrar's office was just super busy, so it was hard to get some of my personal registration issues resolved.

Diego

I was not a good student in high school. As a matter of fact I barely showed up my senior year. I would go back and tell myself how important education. It took me many years to finally realize that and it took to be laid off from very secure job to realize that it can happen to anyone. I would say pay attention in class and go to college right after high school to not waste anytime. I am now 32 years old and trying to do something that could have been done a long time ago. Education is a stage in life that we all have to go through and wether we decide to go earlier in life or later we are still going to have to go through it.

Unique majors that I was looking for that applied to what I wanted to do.

I wish I would have know how much math would be required from the beggining. I had been out of school for ten years and I was not prepared for math. This school does not have remedial math courses so I struggled at first but I am doing good now.

Most of the students enrolled in my courses are goal driven geeks!

Most of the students enrolled in my courses are goal driven geeks!

Dear Self, Its been a while since I've seen 16, but its good to see you after some 15 odd years. Much has happened since, and I have learned a few things. Right now you're distracted by what most young people are distracted by and that being your social life. A social life is an important part of life, but its only a part of a life. Learn to balance the success equation by scheduling study time into your daily routine. Being a successful high school student can put you ahead of the game in college and incorporate those necessary skills one needs to do well on the college level. You can never practice good study skills too early. Finally, attend class everyday. You can't rely on the note taking skills of others come test day. Just being there lets your professor know that you care about the class and at the very least making an effort to learn. Overall, be responsible. Your work represents your attitude. Do work you can be proud of. Sincerely, Yourself

Because it is a technology based school it creates an environment that brings like minded individuals together. Thus, providing a great place to pick another "geek's" brain.

Phillip

This school is mainly comprised of people who either already, or intend to, apply their education in real world jobs within their areas of study.

I'm a non-traditional student who attempted college right out of high school, but stopped going two years in. I wasn't interested and didn't take the academic part seriously. After dropping out of school, I worked for a few years and then joined the Army in 2001 (pre-9/11). Though I was always taught how to conduct myself in an honorable fasihion and was given astounding examples within my family, my experiences in the military gave me the sense of responsibility that I needed to truly grow up and live by the values on which I was raised. After three combat tours and the good fortune to survive, I was finally ready to contribute to society. This time around, I'm an adult/veteran/husband, and I take nothing for granted. That is part of the advice I would give myself as a high school senior - don't take anything for granted and live with a sense of purpose. The other advice would be to surround myslef with positive influences, recognize that I will make mistakes but should strive not to repeat the bad ones, and understand that reputations are built on actions - good or bad.

Most of the staff is great - there are just a few who aren't. The ones who aren't are really bad. They are few and far between, but do exist.

Shah

Don't hesitate to get involved on campus. Make sure that you do the summer program for incoming freshmen, and don't slack off. This place is great, and you should definitely pick it over your other options. Get organized before school starts, cause it will help you more than you could ever imagine. Try to enjoy the summer before you leave for college as much as you can, cause there is no going back to those care-free days. Most importantly, apply for as many scholarships as you can.

Anyone looking for one of the freat degrees offered here at SPSU. Academcally, it is a great school and it is also very easy to get involved on campus. This is not a school for "party animals."

The lack of females, with the current male:female ratio being 4:1, is the only frustrating thing about this school.

My classmates are friendly, helpful and overall very approachable.

My classmates are friendly, helpful and overall very approachable.

Don't fall behind and know what you want from it. To many kids waste a lot of time because they retake classes because they just don't know what they need or want to do. A big one would also be to go to class. Don't get lazy and sleep in.

Someone looking for a smaller school experiance. They should also be comfortable asking questions and meeting with teachers for help. This school also has a lot of tecnology related degrees.

Kelsy

If I was talking to my high school self I would tell her to remember to save her money for school. I spent majority of what I made at my job, leaving me not a lot to help my parents with college. I would also tell her to start applying for scholarships, and to work on applying to more colleges. I would remind her to do her FAFSA on time so she could get into NC State. So basically, I would just remind her that she needs to stop being lazy about college, so she wouldn't have to rush to be admitted into a community college, and to rush to apply for scholarships so she can go to a 4-year university.

Southern Polytechnic State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.