Marietta, GA
Southern Polytechnic State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Polytechnic State University

Hoang

Southern Polytechnic State University (SPSU) is a good university because it provides students the best knowledge and technologies. It allows students to interact and grow up in academic environment. Students have opportunities to voice their ideas and opinions to faculties and professors. SPSU is a really nice place for higher education.

Study hard and learn as much knowledge as you can because it will really help you in the future and allow you achieve your dreams. I know what you want in your head. Therefore, the only way to get what you want is get your knowledge.

Everyone, who wants to become engineers or works technical careers, should go to this school to. However, students who want to become doctor or lawyers, should not go to this school.

BRANDI

I would tell myself that I need to attend college right out of high school. I would say that it is really hard to jugle work, kids and school and that with my determination I could do anything. I would tell myself to apply for grants and scholarships before I enrolled in school and choose my school very carefully.

matthew

Matthew, Dont do anything different. Everything in college is perfectly fine! Just go with your gut!

This school is all work. If you come here, dont expcet to play around alot. there are some cool things going on sometime, but make sure you prioritize your time correctly. and if you need to go to an office, go earily. if you wait time will slip by.

the housing paymet are a kind of high. and when you are looking to have fun, everyone else might be busy with class work.

Johnathan

My school is best known for the difficulty of it's architecture program as well as its MET departments ability to provide employment upon graduation.

John (2008), When you go to college it is most important to stick to your morales and keep your priorities straight. School comes first Don't allow yourself to be distracted by the people around you, just keep on working hard and know that you'll be able to party and relax after school is done. Show everyone that your parents raised a good son. You're still young and when you graduate you will still be young so dont go out and rush to "take advantage of life" in the ways most college students do, with alcohol. Choose your friends wisely and keep the loyal and hard working ones close, their positive habits will rub off on you and make life alot easier for you. Stay away from the ladies for atleast your first year, you'll have all the time in the world to find the perfect woman later. Lastly, John, never let anyone make you doubt your capabilities just because they are not secure in their own abilites. You have infinite potential and you don't need anyone else to tell you. Take care of your future. Sincerely, John (2011)

Anyone with a desire for a quality education for a good price. Southern Poly's tution is very cheap and the education provided (for the most part) is of very good quality. Many of the othe proffesors have worked in the fields they teach so they have hands on expirience and are aware of what they are talkin about.

Joseph

SPSU is known for its artitecture program, mechanical engineering and its academic excellence.

Joseph you should take your senior year seriously and plan for the future. I have to tell you somrthing Joseph that will change your life, whrn your girlfriend tells you that you don't need to wear a condom because she taking birth control don't surcome to pressure. This will save you a lot of heartache and money down the road. Joseph you need to lay off the Jack Daniels, I'm telling you this for your own good. College is waiting on you and you can nowhere but up. Stay with your studies and don't slack off. Have a friend change your Facebook password for you until the semester is up if it proves to be a distraction. When your professors give you the syllabus for the class read it and ask if you can start on the assignments. Also Joseph read your textbooks. If you follow these tips you just might make it through college.

If a person wants a school that has lots of patries and alcohol SPSU is not for you. Also if you are going to college expecting lots of girls SPSU is the wrong choice. Someone who plans on attending Southern Polytechnic State University should be career minded and serious about their education.

Donald

I would begin by telling myself I need to take every chance to learn everything I can, in class and all aspects of life. Life is a continual learning experience, and college only adds to that, in positive and negative ways. Learning is a lot fo work, and generally isn't easy. I would tell myself to be prepared to have to work harder than I have ever had to before. The work and stress load on an independent full-time college student is substantial. With all the hard work also comes great feelings of achievement when you do well on a test, in a course, or obtain a degree. So, never avert from keeping school and learning as your main focus. Coupled with life it may be very overwhelming at times, but stay strong and you will always prevail. One thing I would also stress to myself, is even though it may be very difficult at times, try to always find time for yourself, your friends, and your family. I would also tell myself to be more extroverted. College is a time when you can meet lots of people from all walks of life, and take advantage of that.

Through my own personal research I had learned quite a bit about the school before attending, but there are some things you can only learn while attending an institution. Something I wish I had known about this particular school was how it's administrative system compares to my previous institution. My previous college was phenominal, and this school is sub par. The focus on the students is drastically less, and seems to me more focused on the business aspect of college. Which, unfortunately, I am afraid may be the case for many larger institutions.

This school is moderately diverse and could accommodate most students needs. The weakest point I would presume would be the art criteria, but then again, this is a very technical school, hence polytechnic. In respect to the technical courses, a person looking to focus on the theory, rather than the application, would probably be happier at other institutes. The theory can still be learned, esspecially if the student is self motivated, but it isn't the focus of the institution. Students looking for a strong administrative department would probably much happier at different institutions.

Jasmin

If I could go back in time , I would have taken more Science classes. I excell at Math but Science I always got a B. I notice now I should have join the Science club as well as Math and Debate team. I recognize Science is going to play a significant role in my future. Whether if I become a Nurse or an Radiologist I will definitely need Science. I still speak with my Trigonometry teacher we volunteer at a Math club in low-income area for free tutoring. She implied to me, that I might be able to return to my High school and tutor Science. Then I can keep up with new terminlogy and Science experiencements. This is how I will spend my sapare time this summer.

Juan

Southern Polytechnic State University is a challenging yet rewarding college that is the right size; not to big but not to small, so no student gets left behind.

The advice I would give to myself would be to learn how to manage my time with my social life and school work. I would also explain the importance of doing homework for every subject, because doing homework in college really helps the material stick in the mind and helps understanding the material greatly.

People that have the mindset that college will be like high school and think they can get through college by doing the least amount of work and make it.

William

Southern Polytechnic State University is a small college that offers alot to studnets wishing to continue education in fields with Engineering, or Architecture.

My classmates are a very different bunch of people than what i had grown used to in highschool, alot of the people are very determined to succeced and make sure they do what they can to graduate.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself, I would have to tell myself one really important thing, STUDY!! After spending a year in college i realise that in high school I never really prepared myself for it. I came into college thinking that it would be just like high school, where I would not need to study and that my classes would all be easy. I would also have to tell myself to really consider what I would want to do after graduating. Even now I still am not sure what I really want to do, I have changed my major once and am considering changing it again. One more important thing I would tell myself is that always be open to new people. This semester I have meet many new people, but I limited myself to how many people I would now because I only really got to know people that were on my dorm hallway and didn't make an effort to know people that were in my classes or that I would see around campus.

Austin

The best thing about the school is that it is a smaller college. You know the people walking around campus. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. It's more than just a school, its a community that you grow in. This motivates me and others to do better in school and also builds lifelong connections and friends.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who really wants to be involved with the school. If you want a personal environment where the staff and proffessors around campus know you and can help you than Southern Poly is good for you. Its by no means an easy school but you do not have to go through college as just another student of 20,000.

Southern Polytechnic State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.