Marietta, GA
Southern Polytechnic State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Polytechnic State University

Leye

Self, in order to be more prepared for life after high school, I offer you this advice; apply to SPSU before the school year is out, this will save you time and aggravation when you graduate. Make earnest efforts to save money so you will not be without spending money. DO YOUR HOMEWORK, we both know you're intelligent enough to know this, just do it. Keep a list of people you want to stay in contact with, you need to know who your friends are. Apply for as many scholarships as you can while you have the time, waiting is not a good idea and eats your prescious time like a leech. Buy a notebook specifically for passwords and usernames, you will find that every website you use to find scholarships requires you to sign up; sticky notes are a pain, trust me on this one. If you do all of these things you whould be fine, but again I say DO YOUR HOMEWORK, that is all. Nice writing to you self, we'll have to talk to us again sometime.

I wish I had packed warmer clothes, being from south Georgia the change in climate is pleasant but surprising.

This school is awesome, there is nothing I find bad about it. The only thing I find slightly annoying is the other students, I've never been a people person.

Candace

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior, I would advise myself to start out at a 4-year university. I wasn't 100% sure if I wanted to go to college for four years, so I ended up with a 2-year degree in accounting before I transferred to SPSU. Because of this, it's taking me 5 years to finish college and used up my HOPE so now I have to pay out of pocket, which has been a burden. I've learned a lot, but I really wish I would have gone ahead and started on obtaining a B.A. first. I would also advise myself to not be afraid because college really isn't anything to be afraid of. It's a good learning experience more than just academically, and I am very glad I chose to further my education after completing high school.

I think people who want to be an engineer or design games should attend SPSU more than any other type of person. I also think people who want to go somewhere that isn't to expensive and has a lot of good programs should go there too.

I brag most about how hands-on SPSU is. You learn a lot more there than you would at other universities because of that.

James

I would advise myself to take more AP courses in high school. Saving that extra money and putting myself ahead would help immensely in my current situation.

I wish I had known where to find scholarships for my major, because I'm currently struggling to pay for school.

The worst thing about my school is our lack of parking for on-campus residents. On multiple occasions, I had to park in the commuter parking lot, which resulted in a ticked.

Letisha

I would tell myself in the past that I shouldn't have slacked so much in the past. Good study habits and sleeping habits would be good to work on. Also, procrastination is not something you should have in college. It is a lot of work and you shouldn't try to tackle too much at once. You know yourself best. Don't sign up for classes you know you won't get up for. If you know that you can't wake up early, don't sign up for a class that is at 7 a.m. Always keep competant friends and remember to always socialize. College and careers are about knowing people or at least having them remember your face. If someone important can remember you, then you are doing something well. If you can walk outside for 5 minutes and have at least 10 people say hi to you, then you are doing the right thing. The more people you know, the better off you will be. Stay friendly and courteous to the people around you, especially professors. If you listen to this advice, you will be just fine. ~~~ From, the future you

Our school is based on many different cultures and races, making it one of the most culturally diversed colleges. We have groups and organizations to learn more about their culture and helping us understand them more. We also have many unique clubs that most do not have including an anime club, bathtub race organization, and our own radio station. The campus is primarily guys since it's an engineering school, but there is still an abundance of female students here.

The people who should attend our college are students who are dedicated and motivated to get their degree and learn. This is not a school for the half-hearted and if you are not dedicated enough to do all your work or get involved in campus life, it will be a long college life for you. This school is also designed for students who don't intend to be limited to four years to get their degree. It is for people who are expanding their world and everything around them.

Lucero

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self, I would tell myself to study. I never studied in high school. I did enough to get by. I would also tell myself to get out of my shell. I was really shy, and I never let anyone help me with anything; that included homework, emotionally, etc. I also would like to tell myself to think about the future and to be focused. I just lived day-by-day, and I never realized how time flies, and it does, but I didn't know it at that time. But mostly, I would tell myself to keep reading. I was an avid reader when I was in junior high, but I let others get to me. I would read a lot, but I stopped when I got to high school. Now, I love reading, and I don't know how I lived without it. It made me appreciate literature a lot more. I was a careless teenager, like most teens, but I know that I could have done a lot more than I did. I didn't try very hard, and now I wish I had.

Andrea

Honestly, I would tell myself to get up off of my butt and go do some work! I am naturally a very intelligent person (and I say that without trying to be conceited), and in high school I was able to get by with A's and B's without doing much work. If I studied just a little bit more, I would have made more A's for sure. When I entered into college I had the same mindset, and got by doing the same thing for the first 2 years until I got into my major classes. Now I'm working extra hard during my senior year to make up for all of the slacking off I did back in high school and during my freshman and sophomore year of college. But then again, I was not sure what career field I wanted to go into either until I got into my junior year of college. I'm happy that I know now, and would tell myself don't feel pressured to decide a major right away, but that also does not mean slack off!

There are not more resources available for students who are taking concentration classes in International Studies field in regards to preparing for tests and seminars and getting advice from someone who is a professional in the same field that you are working towards.

Israel

Push yourself to the limit and finish your senior year strong. Make sure you thoroughly research universities and the offered major programs. Select a major and a few universities based on academic strengths and interests, your financial background and location. Be comfortable in who you are. Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and meet new people and experience new things. Also be prepred to hit the ground running, and do not become complcent in your freshman year.

People who are not hard working and career focused should not attend this school. Also people who do not want to go to a 4 year univeristy or techology school.

People who are hard working and career focused. People who know the right balance of work and play. Also someone who wants to attend a 4 year univeristy/ technology school.

Shauna

SPSU is culturally diverse and small so you are not just a face in the crowd.

SPSU is culturally diverse and small so you are not just a face in the crowd.

If I were able to go back and talk to the high school me, I would tell myself to not overwhelm myself with the expectations of others. College is supposed to be a fun learning time. Make time for your social life and not only school. When your only focus becomes school you will drive yourself insane. When I was at GA Tech they did not really help me much so I taught myself everything. That caused me to become very unhappy. Since I have been at SPSU things have changed drastically. I rest more and I socialize more and I am actually enjoying college now. It seems easier to make good grades when you are actually happy. I can mingle with my professors and I love it. It does not feel like I am struggling for my grades. Now I am earning them and the information is actually sticking. Versus before I just retained it long enough to pass my tests..

A person who likes to be able to go to their professor with questions and concerns should attend this school. That is why I transferred here from Georgia Institute of Technology.

Daniel

SPSU is best known for their Engineering and Architechture programs.

SPSU is best known for their Engineering and Architechture programs.

I would go back in time and tell myself that college is nothing to be scared of. When I was a senior in high school, I worried and was scared about going to college because I thought I was going to a fail every class and do horrible but my experiences with college so far have been great and I look forward to finishing up my degree in a few years and keeping my GPA as high as I can. I also would tell my self to be less self concious and that popularity in high school meant nothing.

There is a diverse group of students at SPSU. I also think another great thing about SPSU is the fact that its small, yet you still get a large school feeling. Its a great school.

People are all different.

People are all different.

TRY HARDER!MY gosh and brake that bad procrasination habit

People who want to ready for a work load and ready to just learn. This school seems very demanding but with there demand it semms they have a great pay off. I took and Architecture course for three weeks to just get into the flow of things. It really helped opeen mines and alot of other students eyes in to becoming an architect,

Southern Polytechnic State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.