Marietta, GA
Southern Polytechnic State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Polytechnic State University

Heather

If I could go back in time and give senior Heather advice the advice I'd give would be, to not procrasinate. Don't wait till the last minute to complete or start anything! Also, take time and think about your decisions fully, don't jump into anything, make sure you know all their is to know about the topic your researching and considering. If I could go back I would have started my post high school life earlier then when I did. Senior year flew by and before I knew it college deadlines were approaching and I didn't have the slightest clue as to what college I was going to or what I wanted to major in to decide where to go. Having known what I wanted and where to go early on or even just knowing to go ahead and take my basics at any school would have made a difference!

Steven

My classmates are always driven to do their very best at what they do and every single one of them seems to have some kind of passion for the major that they are involved in so I almost feel like they are "out-passioning" me in a way that makes me want to get driven to do even better.

Don't ever underestimate any of your classes and begin getting in the habit of not having any money because you parents wont help you out and start studying because that skill will become paramount.

The focus on a career oriented field and the focus on all students having a job before they even graduate by having a very well respected local name with companies and businesses around the area.

Jamar

A place where hardworking individuals come to get a great education at a reasonable price

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would firstly encourage myself to work harder. Work harder in regards to wasting less time watching TV, playing games and hanging with friends. I would also advise myself to socialize more during my time in high school and participate in a lot more in clubs and societies that are available there. Nonetheless the number 1 piece of advice I would give to myself about moving to university is to remain focus, keep a fresh mind at all times and keep my priorities in order. Priorities in the following order God, Family, School and Friends.

Persons who are willing to do the extra work and focus on the tasks they are given. Teachers here will help you , but you must be willing to help yourself as well

Jacob

Southern Polytechnic State Unversity is best known for its engineering and architecture programs.

It's a smaller school with less packed classes that allow more one on one time with the professors. This is a great characteristic compared to that of a larger university such as UGA where the classes consist of 50 or more students. Less students per teacher allows for more intimate learning on the behalf of the student which is a great thing to have.

It is a great desire to want to get away from home and move out from under your parents as a graduating senior of high school. You're ready to move on and get out on your own but the fact is, college is more than what graduating seniors prepare for. There are no study guides or extra credit pep rallies to attend anymore and the course work is far more vigouous than that of your home economics class you slept through in high school. My advice to myself would be to attend a college near your home, if possible, and take your core classes there in order to aclimate to the college experience before diving right into it. This allows you to focus just on school because you are still living at home and not having to fend for yourself just yet. By doing this, you can see what college is really like before you move away and jump right into it without know what your getting yourself into yet. This advice would serve very well to any newly graduate senior so that their chances of succeeding at college can be insured to the utmost degree.

Julie

It is a college where there are dorms yet a lot of people can live off campus. It is an engineering school geared toward geek...

It is a college where there are dorms yet a lot of people can live off campus. It is an engineering school geared toward geeks.

Julie E. Hill- Jhill@spsu.edu As you graduate high school, remember the people who have helped you along the way. You have achieved a common goal in life, but most likely you needed certain people to inspire you or make sure that you arrived to school on time. You are obligated to remember these people. By showing your gratitude for their help in achieving a high school diploma, you should be an honest and responsible person. My advice to you before you start college is to know the rules and how to play the game of school. I advise you to read a couple of books on study habits and doing well in school. College is a time to value your knowlege and money.

I think that the school does the best it can do to help out in almost all ways possible.

Pinkesh

I would give myself two excellent advice which are have a social life, and study. With social life just join student clubs, intermural sports, student organizations, and interact with students at the students center. I say this becasue social life is a big factor, by gaining friends from clubs and organization espically organization that deals with your field of study. When you join organization s you tend to gain friends that are upperclassman, lowerclassan, and or even in your class group. These friends will help you out throughout the college year either by helping you in homework, information about their class experinance, or even connections with the job industry. Even with a good social life I would reccomand studying your brains out to excel in college.

This school has some pretty old buildings from WWI.

Students who wants the full college experience should not attend this university.

Edmundo

Southern Polytechnic State University is a small and interactive school that does all it can to help students succeed.

Take time to better understand your inerests and desires in the future. Knowing youself is the first step that needs to be taken in order to productivly and effeciantly become successful in college and in life. Take time to realize what makes you happy and what college is able to provide the best services for you to achive your goals.

The retention, progression, and graduation rate is low because we have many student that transfer to othe universities.

Everett

Southern Polytechnic State University is one of the best schools in Georgia. Out of all the universities, it has one of the highest pay rates for its graduates. This school has won many competitions against other universities in Georgia. Also, this school offers great degrees for its students with great campus resources. This school has great fraternities, sororities, clubs, and organizations that are involved with lots of campus wide activities. My favorite thing about this school is it has small class sizes and not big lecture halls. This way the students can learn and interact with the professor more comfortably.

If I could go back in time and tell myself what I know now, I would tell myself what to do to prepare myself for the college life. First, I would tell myself to find a good college to start at and then transfer to the school I want to attend. This way it will increase my chances of going to the school that I want to attend. Next, I would tell myself to get involved in college and join clubs and organizations. This will allow me to get to know more people and make better relationships and connections. Finally, I would tell myself to apply to scholarships and federal funds. This will really help me with the tuition and college fees that each student has to pay. Overall, I would tell myself to have fun and enjoy college.

There is not a specific type or kind of person that attends this school. This school is full of diversity and there are people from all over the world attend this school and teach at this school. A wide variety of degrees and programs are offered to anybody that is interested. This is a great school for people who like technology, architecture, math, arts, history, and much more. If someone is just looking for a great college experience with a great education, then this is a great school to attend.

Marsha

Keep your eyes on the prizes. People and situations may discourage you don't let them because you are worth more than you know. Do whatever you can to make that dream of yours come true. When you have God on your side threre is nothing you can't do.

Cherise

Like me, my classmates are engineering, technical, and artistic geeks.

Like me, my classmates are engineering, technical, and artistic geeks.

SPSU has recently added a lot of new majors. This means many courses over lap. This is great because it allows students to take courses in a variety of disciplines. For example, I am a communications major, but this doesn’t mean I take classes in only broadcasting and journalism. I take classes in public relations, proposal writing, technical editing and writing, graphic design and web design, film production and more. This is perfect for the college student who enters college without fully knowing what they want to major in and perfect for the college graduate who has many passions.

I would give myself this advice: Hey Cherise. Forget everything you thought you knew about college because none of that stuff is going to happen. You are not going to get perfect grades. You are not going to be the most popular student. You are not going to figure your whole life out in Freshman year. But don’t get your brain into a frenzy! Yeah the economy is going to get bad, but you are going to have a plan. And that plan is to develop as much skill and experience as possible before graduation. But here is the thing — you don’t need to change what makes you happy to find a practical career choice. You love art, so keep loving it. Ever heard of technical editing? Technical editing will allow you to combine your artistic skill with technical and organization skills. You can use these skills to edit web content (such as help documents) and printed content (user manuals, annual reports, etc.) to make life for consumers easier. Cherise, you have so much talent. So, never be afraid to use it. Never cover it up. And make your future self proud. I know you will.

Southern Polytechnic State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.