Marietta, GA
Southern Polytechnic State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Polytechnic State University

samantha

Dear Sam, You did a pretty good job on getting everything ready to start your first year of college. I know you busted your butt, however, there were some things you could have differently. Now, don't worry, it's not anything too major that has made it extremely difficult so far. First, you really should have done some community service like you had planned. Don't let the family stop you from improving your chances of getting more scholarships. Second, you really have to keep organized and

Anyone looking for a cheaper tuition, smaller student/teacher ratio, and definitely looking for a math/engineering/science degree.

I brag about how much the professors are willing to help their students. They have flexible schedules and are willing to either stay late or come in early just to help the student understand.

I think the unique thing is that its based on engineering. Almost everyone that goes here is in some type of engineering major. Also the architecture program is one of the only 5 year architecture schools. I also love the small classrooms and the teachers are there to help me not just to write a book or just teach, but to actually work for the students benefit. What really got me interested in Southern Poly was the small classrooms and great professors. Other campuses did't really seem to offer these things.

If I could go back and give myself advice I would definitely say to focus completely on getting through high school and making it through college. I would tell myself to fill out as many applications for scholarships as possible as well as applications for different colleges. I would also make sure that I kept working my part time as long as possible so that I had money for college as well as other expenses for te college life. Now while I'm in college the only thing I worry about is money so if I could go back in time the main thing I would tell myself is to save every penny I get and to focus on getting every scholarship offered. I think that if I could tell myself those things in high school, I would have the best possibly college life today.

I think the worst thing about my school is that its getting hard to afford the on campus living. The campus is so small that its much easier to just walk to all my classes so not staying on campus makes it hard to get to classes on time. It seems that ever semester the price rises a bit and it makes it harder for me to afford it.

jason

The advice i would give myself is, you know what your doing and you are going to do well at it, take your time and do it right and FOCUS on the the really important things that matter to you.

Finding the time to study with all the activities in and around campus.

Someone who really isnt intersted in the sciences or math.

Phu

My classmates are very similar to me because the majority of my classmates have the same major as me, which is Computer Engineering Technology.

Southern Polytechnic State University is best known for its in depth knowledge of engineering amd engineering technology. In addition, it is a suburban college and it doesn't make some students feel like it's a new environment for them.

I have a lot of advices to give to my high school senior-self. First of all, don't slack in your courses. Just because it's senior year, doesn't mean you start slacking off. You are almost finish with high school; so why stop trying? Second, I would tell myself to get more hours for work, or even get a second job. I did not know that school would cost so much money. Therefore, you need to get money and start saving for college. Lastly, I would tell myself to spend more time with my family and friends. Sometimes, I just lay on my bed and think about them. I can't imagine what I would do just to go back in time and spend more time everyone. They really help me be who I am today because they keep on encouraging me and never stop believing in me. If I am able to go back and give these advice to my high school senior-self, I feel like I would be a lot happier and able to hold my own in college.

Janell

I would tell myself that I should take the opportunites and go to a 4 year college right away. I completely regret not trying the dorm life that now I believe every college student should be able to experience. It would help to make new friends and get the full affect of being in college compared to living at home and commuting. I would also tell myself now that I have found out the hard way, to just get my BSN right away instead of ADN first. I lost out on 3 years of schooling and the money to find out that I would have to basically start all over at a 4 year college. This is because the credits I would have recieved at the technical school wouldn't transfer over to any 4 year to finish my BSN degree. So now instead of transferring somewhere to only have about a year and a half left, I will be an incoming sophomore. I could be graduating college next may when people I graduated high school would be done if I could go back and change my choice I made my senior year of highschool.

Randi

I love Southern Poly! I am a transfer student from Georgia Highlands, which was a small school compared to SPSU. At Highlands I was not as involved with the student life like I am at SPSU. What is unique, to me, is all of the different cultures that attend SPSU. I also love the counselors, they are very helpful! The teachers are also helpful and very good at what they do.

During my high school years, I was on a TC diploma track. I would tell myself to switch to a CP (although, that is all there is now). I would tell myself not to stress so much. That you WILL find your way and what you love to do. Listen to your heart not what other people say. Don't let people STRESS you out. Control the STRESS STRESS STRESS! I would also tell myself to study harder, there is never enough of that. Be more happy, I am way more happy in college compared to high school. Little moments matter so get as many as you can. Your close friends in high school drift apart and new doors open. God always has a plan for you!

The only frustrating aspect about my school is tuition and my long drive. I live about an hour away and am working on moving to campus. As a poor college student, high tuition and gas hurt me financially.

Chris

Students that have a great balance between working hard in order to get a good job when they graduate and being willing to relax and just hang out and have a good time.

SPSU is unique because we have small classrooms that are conducive to good learning environments. Even though it is a smaller school we still have a lot of good school recreation facilities. These help to reduce stress and create an environment that is good for building relationships.

Chris, you need to learn to stop being a procrastinator and become a person that takes the initiative to do your school work early and not the day that it is due. Continue to have a positive outlook on life because it will be useful on those days when you are in over your head with school work and things seem like they can't get any harder, your positive outlook will keep you moving. Your doing great by going to college, but make sure you stay focused on it and not get to distracted with going on to many adventures because you can go on adventures after you graduate. Keep up the good work!

Kelvin

The location of the campus as well as the size is unique in my estimation. Located in Cobb County, not to far from Kennessaw State, Southern Polytechnic State is the perfect size in terms of student to faculty ratio which ensures adequate assistance for all students. Additionally, the location is prime in terms of its location from downtown Atlanta, all interstates, and local businesses. Parking is not a problem, and all sporting arenas are located on campus for the sports offered.

Without question the number one thing I would advise that high school senior is to take their time with everything they do and ensure it is the best representation of they are. Furthermore, the choices made in an instant will impact their future so be absolutely sure it will be beneficial to them. The decisions they make will not only impact them, but anyone associated to them including family and friends. I would advise them to enjoy the long and seemingly boring days with a good book to read and understand the value of hardwork and preparation. Finally, I would advise that student to not underestimate nor overestimate anyone in their life, learn to observe, listen twice as much as they talk, stay humble no matter the amount of success or failure they encounter, and pray daily.

The lack of sports, in particular football. I am an avid sports fan; however, football is favored. The fact that I cannot play, or even cheer for my college's football program is a little disappointing.

William

My school of Southern Polytechnic State University is widley known as a fastly growing engineering university. With a very challenging and rewarding degree program that rivlas that of Georgia Tech.

The most important thing to know as a college student is that the classes are your most important responsibility. Coming out of high school hearing that you should make sure you attend every class seems like kind of a joke because, in high school you do not have nearly as much freedom. In college you should go to every class and manage your time to make sure you are able to do all of your homework. Since you don't have the same classes every day it will seem like you have a lot of free time but, that is not the case. If you go to every class and do all of your homework you will make descent grades. Going to class is the most important thing for an undergraduate in college because it is very easy to lose track of time and your grades when you don't attend.

My school is a small school compared to most and so we only have students in the three to four thousand range.

Alice

Anyone attending this school should be ready to dedicate themselves 100%. The courses are not a joke and require allot of outside studying. This is a science & technology so most of the classes are geared towards people interested in those areas.

The most frustrating thing about this school is that my professors assume I remember everything from high school.

Southern Polytechnic State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.