Marietta, GA
Southern Polytechnic State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Polytechnic State University

Reckesia

Do not let anyone else make your academic decisions for you. You know what you want out of life and your career path and no one knows you better than you. Be your self and you will do well. dont please others.

Dakota

There's some things you should know about college before you start your first classes. Attendance is very important. You no longer have your parents there to wake you up and make you go to class. It's so easy to stay in bed or play video games instead. Avoid this at all costs and drag yourself to class. Never let a grade slip or two. An F is one of the worst things that can happen to your GPA. Your GPA is very important as it is one of the prime determinants of finanical aid, career-related job searching, and other school affliated programs. The biggest difference from highschool to college for us is the homework. We never had that much homework in highschool but college professors aren't the same as your teachers. You have less class time and more work so you have to do a lot work outside of the class that you're used to. So just go to class, keep up with homework, and study subjects you're having trouble with and you'll do just fine.

There is a lack of social life on campus. There are clubs and activities sponosored by the students and the school but there's nothing really amazing. There isn't a lot of hardcore partying here. This is not a party school but if you are into that, then you can try the fraternities. The weekends are pretty dead on campus as well. Not to say that nothing goes on here or there's no fun, just depends on you're interests.

People who attend this school are usually good in math and sciences. This is an engineering school after all. There are some artistic people here who take architecture or fashion design but the majority of the students are engineering related. A lot of people here play video games in there spare time but there are some sports provided by the school such as basketball, ultimate frisbee, baseball, and soccer. I think this school gives equal opportunity to everyone.

MOSES

I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ASKED TO THINK OF THE ADVICE THAT I WOULD GIVE MY HIGH SCHOL SELF IF I COULD GO BACK INTO THE PAST BUT THERE IS NOT MUCH TO SAY THAT WOULD HAVE CHANGED ANYTHING THAT I DID BACK THEN. FOR DREAMERS LIKE ME IT TAKE ONE LITTLE STEP INTO REALITY FOR ME TO SEE WHAT I REALLY AM AND WHAT I WILL BECOME. ALL THE ADVICE IN THE WORLD COULDN'T WORK ON ME SO I GUESS THE ONLY THING THAT I COULD TELL MYSELF THAT I WOULDNT TELL MYSELF FOR THE SAKE OF THE PRESEVATION OF MY HUMILITY IS THAT COLLEGE CHANGES DREAMERS LIKE YOU INTO BRILLIANT DOERS AND THAT AS SOON AS YOU STEP INTO THE DOORS OF SPSU YOU WILL BECOME ENLIGHTENED AND YOU WILL REALIZE WHO YOU WERE MEANT TO BECOME AND ALL OF THE MUNDAINE WORK THAT YOU AHVE BEEN DOING IN HIGHSCHOOL WILL START TO MAKE MORE SENCE AND WILL BE APPLIED TO YOUR FUTURE. THE LAZIENESS THAT DOMINATED YOU IN HIGHSCHOOL WILL VANISH AND BE REPLACED BY YOUR BURNING DESIRE TO ACCOMPLISH YOUR GOALS. I DONT KNOW WHY ITS JUST WHAT COLLEGE DOES TO PEOPLE LIKE US.

THE WORST THING ABOUT MY SCHOOL WOULD BE THE LACK OF FEMALES THAT ATTEND IT. THE FACT THAT THIS SCHOOL IS MOSTLY DEDICATED TO S.T.E.M. MAJORS REDUSES THE AMOUNT OF FEMALE ENROLLMENT.

SINCE I AM A MECHATRONICS ENGINEER I BRAG ABOUT THE HANDS ON EXPERIENCE AND CONCEPTUAL EXPERIENCE THAT I GET HERE. I ALSO BRAG ABOUT THE STUDENT LOW STUDENT TEACHER RATIO WHICH PROVIDES A BETTER LEARNING EXPERIENCE ESPECIALLY IN THE ENGINEERING FIELD!

Philip

Dear High School Senior Philip, Right now you think that you have to attend college for four years and graduate because you're "supposed to." As your future self, I can tell you that this is a recipe for failure. Book learning and theoretical knowledge are incredibly important to have but you need to know to couple it with practical knowledge, too. After your first two years of college, take a break from sitting in a classroom and provide for yourself. Do something with your hands that produces tangible results and feel the pride of hard day's work. This will give you a broader perspective about how fortunate you are to have your opportunities. It will teach you the humility and self-respect you will need to keep from failing those six classes that I failed, all because I was afraid that my best wasn't good enough so I never eally tried hard at anything. After you learn these lessons you will return to school and finish because you will find you are capable of anything you want to do; and you will know what that is, instead of going through the motions because you're "supposed to."

Kevin

Start off strong and build good study habits they will save you the stress and long nights of cramming. dont look at the whole picture just take it a class at a time, and find the people who are willing to help. They will be the people that you can lean on in your time of need.

I wish i had better study skills befor i came to college. i have to be more active in my eduaction then i did befor just to receive a good mark.

The classes are hard. the school takes its education very serious and it is difficult to balance it all and still do well.

crystal

My school is best known for its Engineering department.

My school is best known for its Engineering department.

I would tell myself to not let anyone tell me that I can't do something. That everyone holds the key to their own success. Stay aay from excuses and only be proactive and accountable.

That it is the best hands on engineering school in the Southeast.

Clyde

I would tell myself that my dreams will live if I want them to. Believe in yourself, and the only fear is fear its self.

I think the person who is wanting to finish is academic career at the same time expand on social interaction should come here.

I would brag at all the free stuff I am able to get from the campus events.

Nicholas

Competitive degrees in Engineering Technology.

Competitive degrees in Engineering Technology.

Don't take the easiest classes you can at the beginning because it will only take longer to complete the degree you are trying to work for.

I think it is the atmosphere and how much the professor actually care about each individual student.

Patrick

SPSU is best known for having a campus population that consists of about 80% males and a lot of video game players. As for recognition, SPSU has one of the top architecture programs in the US, ranked higher than Georgia Tech, and has numerous fields of engineering that one can go into. Also, SPSU is one of the greenest campuses within Georgia and focuses on being "green-minded" about all future developments.

Southern Polytechnic is generally oriented for students that want to pursue a path in engineering or computing. SPSU isn't a liberal arts school and never will be. If one is looking to go into political science, teaching, or acquiring an art degree then SPSU is not the place to go. Also, SPSU doesn't have a very large campus, and students generally go home during the weekend. So if one is looking for a campus that has something going on at all times, then SPSU might not be your cup of tea.

Raechel

Looking back, if I had the ability to go back in time to 2008-2009 when I was a senior in high school I would have most defiantly given myself a long hard talking to. In high school I set my goals high for academic success, but unfortunately some of my "extracurricular activities" got in the way of my goals. However, as a senior who thought she had a plan I could have used some much needed insight to the future with my plans with college. First off, my advice would be to become more aware of scholarships and events in my school. I would also mention to myself to broaden my horizon with alternative options when it came to higher learning. Having the opportunity to possibly speak to myself as a high school senior I would have been able to accomplish a lot more with my time - that’s if I would have listened back then.

Southern Polytechnic State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.