Marietta, GA
Southern Polytechnic State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Polytechnic State University

Tiane

I would first tell myself, do not take science and math classes at the same time if you can help it. Do not sign up for morning classes or Friday classes if you can help it. Meet all the people you can during freshman orientation and throughout your college career. Be involved with many campus activities because networking will get you a long way. Time management is something to have and take advantage of because the use of time in your day ccan determine your future; so use the agenda as much as possible. Try new things, if you want to work on your drawing skills, take a drawing class. Do not let anything stop you from doing what you want to do and always strive for the largest prize! By allowing yourself to set goals and achieve them objective by objective, you will feel accomplished in even the small things like working out or completing a project on time. Lastly, get to know your professors, they know a lot of people and they often times have great advice which could help you succeed in the area you are studying.

The worst thing about our school is that we need more participation from alumnis. We don't have as much support from them as we should. The next would be more sororities and fraternities. I think it would liven up the campus a bit more!

Someone who likes big crowds. A person who expects to party all the time should not come to this school, also someone who does not like to get involved in campus activities should avoid coming to SPSU. The more you are involved, the more fun you will have!

Colin

My classmates are very helpful and intelligent. I've made many friends already, which has really suprised me since I don't know anyone there and I've never been one to make many friends.

If I could go back, I would make myself not take advantage of the benefits going to high school gives you, like turning in late work, doing extra credit, and redoing assiments. I would also try harder in math, and studied more so I wouldn't be stressing out trying to understand math now that I'am paying for the class.

The most frustrating thing about Southern Poly is the lack of math study groups and tutors as well as the long drive from my house. I see a math tutor at school once a week but I can only go from 10:00 to 10:50 because I have class the rest of the day that there's tutors, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays I have work compined with the fact I can't afford to drive all the way to school five times a week.

Kyle

Having teachers that care about their students success, a hard architecture program, and a good engineering program.

I would tell myself not to be nervous. College isn't as hard as everyone makes it out to be, and even if you get caught up or things get complicated, there are plent of people that want to help you make it through. Don't worry about losing your friends you made in high school, the ones that truly care about you will keep in contact, and there will be people at your new home to fill the places of the ones that don't. Try to get rid of your procrastination problems because that will be the only thing that will make college hard for you. Go to ratemyprofessor.com to find good professors that actually teach, dont trust the orientation leaders. Lastly, don't expect to see alot of girlfriend material girls where your going, go to atlanta to find that.

The dead weekends are probably the worst thing about my school. Theres literally nothing to do here on the weekends, so having noone here just adds to the boredom.

ERICA

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college I would advise myself to work harder. I would tell myself to focus on my school work a little more and study as hard as I could. I would advise myself that high school is the time to pay attention to my studies and lean on my resources as much as I could. High school is a time to focus on my grades and maintaining my grade point average. I would also advise myself that you only get one shot at high school, in comparision to college. Do the best that I can and realize that time can never be returned. Focus on a good college and try to decide what I want to do with my life and lean towards that by looking at colleges who were able to help me reach my goals.

Orlando

My school is the most wonderful and authenthic school you could attend.

My school is the most wonderful and authenthic school you could attend.

Dear high school senior, college is a very important yet easy step to take on. The college you choose is important to your success at receiving your sought of degree. You must not panic or stress yourself because you can get help easy. If you can you should attend college fairs and try to visit as much colleges as possible to see which one is right for you. It is vital that you plan according and have a plan to go by because it will really help. As a student you should know that your not the only one feeling the way you do, there are other students out there too. You can achieve something and be something in life by going to college. College is like an extended 4 years of high school so it will be ok and just kow that at the end of those fours your long awaited dream begins.

The kind of person that shoild attend this school should be carrer driven and want to accomplish something out of life. All personalities are all welcome and should attend. If you want to make something out of life, this is the school for you.

Tylor

The students at this university are very diverse and for the most part pay a lot of attention to detail and are very focused.

Dear self, Here are some pointers for your future. Transitioning to college life can be quite difficult and it is easy to take your first year for granted. Staying focused and keeping your grades up is very important because recovering a low GPA can prove very challenging. Try to balance your social life with schoolwork from the very beginning in order to avoid a more challenging transition later on. There are a lot more responsibilities and freedoms that come with college life and finding the making the right choices can be very difficult. Make sure you utilize every resource your school has to offer to the fullest extent because you are paying for it! Also if your are working and going to school make sure you balance school and work with school being the most important. Make sure when the time is appropriate you try to get an externship or internship because in our trying economy work experience is key to getting into your industry. Most importantly never give up or give in no matter how tough things may become because your future is bright and you are capable of whatever you set your mind on.

I don't often brag about my school, but the new engineering building is very nice.

The transition from high school to college is pretty simple. Know exactly what you want to do with your career. Don't hesitate to take advantage of any oppurtunity that comes up in your field. Study hard with every chance you get and don't let up. Get in good with your professors, they will help you in the future. Join as many student organizations as you can not to hinder any time you need in your studies. Try and get out of school in the quickest fashion so you can jumpstart your career.

The worst thing at Southern Poly is lack of unity the student body has. Students never seem to come together to take on issues around our school, such as the rising cost of education. The fees have skyrocketed over the past few years that I have attended the institution and nobody seems to want to do anything about it. Since no one comes together, the students at our school have no voice.

Paa

I would advice myself to take all my classes very serious, and also take a lot of classes that are transferable. Another advice would be to change the mindset into a more studious one, rather than a party one. There is a place and time for everything. It is not an easy road but it can be done, and the benefits are great.

I can't point out the worst thing about Southern Polytechnic as of now, but i am sure i will eventually.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is one that enjoys partying. This school is very competitive and one must be really focused and dedicated in order to succeed. Also, most majors at Southern Polytechnic invole quite a bit of math and science. A person who doesn't want take all these math and science classes might not like it here.

Danielle

Put more into your homework now because you will be doing a lot more writing in college. Don't slack off because you will suffer in college if you become a procrastinator in highschool. Instead of waiting till you are 24 go to college right away. Apply for scholarships figure out a way to go to college. If you end up not liking college then try the online program.

Southern Polytechnic State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.