Marietta, GA
Southern Polytechnic State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Polytechnic State University

Akar

Our school is a very friendly and helpful University.

Our school is a very friendly and helpful University.

My classmates are very focused on their academic work and future careers.

If I could go back in time I would give myself two important pieces of advice. The first one would be to give my younger advice on finding a major and career path that best fits me. It took me a while to figure out what I really wanted to study. To do this I would have learn more about the possible majors as well as go and explore to know myself better. That will be a great way to figure out what is best for my future. Though I feel that I have accomplished picking what’s best for me now it took me a while to get there. So I would try and help myself focus on that important aspect. Lastly, I would give myself the advice to not sweat the small things. If you stay dedicated to what you really want it will work out.

Lamarcus

I wouldn't change anything about it. I've always been a structured and organized person. That is the key to studying and for coping with a rigorous and hectic schedule. Th transition from high school to college can be overwhelming, but you have to stay disciplined and focused on the task at hand and look at the big picture of what the end goal is that you want to accomplish.

Some teachers should take more time out to go over material more in depth. The university gives them a timeline of things from the class description to get done within the semester, but they need to see when the class as a whole is not getting the subject, and allocate more time for going over it. The professor has the discretion to slow up a bit or continue along without regard to the student's grasp of that subject matter. The latter shouldn't be happening, but, it does on other campuses, and SPSU isn't an exception at times.

I like the fact that the school is cheaper than the University of Georgia and cheaper than Georgia Tech, while giving the same quality education or even quality that is above those other schools.

Abigail

This school is accomodating to my type of study habits. I am very independent study driven and Southern Poly doesn't force or pressure me to interact socially with other people. They know the importance of a good education, and they do their best to provide that with every type of student here. I love this school because it basically has the same personality as myself.

Choosing the right college is probably one of the most important decisions you'll make as a high school student. There are so many more choices now than there were twenty, even ten, years ago; so it's important that the decision is made wisely. The most important thing to consider is time. In order to make the best decision, it should be considered for longer than two months. The decision should be made based on who you are as a person in that particular moment in time, not who you think you're going to be a year down the road. Don't do what I did and make the decision based on what everyone else will think. Make the decision for what you'll think about yourself. Do it for who you want to be after you graduate and make the decision for the type of person you want to be in life. Only then will the perfect college will be waiting for you.

There aren't too many types of people that shouldn't attend Southern Poly. Due to the fact that it is a smaller-scaled school, I wouldn't recommend any type of people that are looking to study at a school with a larger population of students to study here. Other than that, I think that Southern Poly accomodates a wide variety of people.

Gershon

Most people say that your junior year is the most crucial and critical when it comes to colleges. I think that applies to seniors as well. The advice that I would give myself if I could go back in time as a high school senior is to study more and take my education for seriously. Most of what you learn your senior year and advice that you get from your teachers keeps in and transitions into college life immediately. Study techniques, Communication skills and bonds with friends that'll last a lifetime.

Southern Polytechnic State University is an mainly an Engineering school. But it also caters to students with an interest in IT, Psychology and Architecture. There're other majors as well but they're not as popular as the ones that I've mentioned. SPSU is a great school for students who love to be hands in with what they like to do and would love pursue as a career.

I've only been attending the school for two months now. So I can't really find or think of anything that's frustrating to me.

Ethan

Mostly eager to learn, complete assignments on time, and know the materials taught pretty well.

Pay more attention in classes that might involve your major. Learn how to study, so when you have those first tests you aren't freaking out. Make friends and hang out when you have free time. Join organizations and get involved on campus. PLay intermural sports, and enjoy the college atmosphere. And most of all don't procrastinate when you have a test to study for or a project to get done.

Paula

Keep a level head on your shoulders and discuss your dreams and goals with your parents. Stay at home while attending classes if at all possible. Have fun and study hard to become what you want!

Austin

My classmates for the most part seem to be focued on their academics. However, there are most certainly those who are not. Everyday it seems like its the same crowd that's hanging around outside the dorms doing absolutley nothing school related. I'm not one hundered percent sure but it also seems like there are a lot of drug users on campus due to the constant smell around campus. Overall most of my classmates seem focused on their goals of graduating witha degree, but there are definitely those who seem to have "other" things in mind.

The transition from high school to college is definitely a difficult task an individual in today's world must face. Figuring out which major to declare could possibly be one of the harder decisions that you will face. It’s important to not panic and take your time in deciding which major is right for you. The reason is because whatever major you finally decide on will control which colleges you apply for. Once you get accepted to a college, there is just one more hurdle you must clear first. This would include adjusting to your new life away from home and making new friends. Making friends can make this whole transition process easier and more enjoyable. This is not saying spend all your time making friends and none studying or doing homework, but balance the two. Learning to network is a huge part of college, so become involved on campus and join some academic clubs. These academic clubs are a great way to meet people that have the same passion towards school as you. The best advice is to stay positive and keep focus on not just becoming a college graduate, but becoming a more skilled and knowledgeable individual.

If I had to pick a worse thing about Southern Poly, it would have to be how the Technology departments seem to have gotten the short end of the stick. By Technology depatrments I mean Civil Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Department, etc. These depatments are much older and currently the CET department is using the old maintenance building. I understand that Southern Poly is trying to expand and add more programs, which they did by building the new engineerng building where Civil Enigeering, Mechanical Engineering, etc. is taught. I just wish that they focused on the Technology department some more.

Andy

All males, small class size.

All males, small class size.

I would advise my high school self to take as many advanced placement classes as possible. These types of classes can prepare you for college. I would also have studied even more. However, I am quite pleased with how I turned out and the university that I am attending. I tried my best throughout high school and have been able to maintain HOPE Scholarship to this point. I would mainly just try to tell myself to be whatever you want to be. If you try hard enough anything is possible.

Someone who is not technology oriented.

Arthur

I would tell him to start studying now. You will have loads of free time that you will waste because you don't know how to study properly. You need to buckle down now! You need to get into good study habits before it is critical that you have them. If you don't learn how to study you will have a very hard time throughout school untill you do.

I brag about how understanding the english programs are here. SPSU really understands that we are here for Engineering and don't really care about what Edgar Allen Poe "really ment" when he was writing poems.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is not really known beyond the South East United States. I might be reciving degree comparable to one from Ga Tech but Ga Tech is known world wide as where SPSU is not.

Brandy

I would have told myself to be prepared for a challenging experience. High school can be tough, but college is something you really have to put 100% effort into. You can not procrastinate when it comes to projects and papers. You really have to learn all you can about what you're being tested about, because your professors won't just give you the answers. I never really had to study much in high school, but in college, I study at least four times a week. I also would have told myself to make sure I read the material we're going over in class to stay on top of things. The transition into college was fairly easy for me because I knew going into college I wanted to get all I could out of the experience, so I go to class everyday, and I make sure I am aware of what we are learning. The last thing I would have told myself would be to start saving your money now, because books are more expensive than I ever prepared myself for.

Southern Polytechnic State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.