Marietta, GA
Southern Polytechnic State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Polytechnic State University

Vanessa

"Ok, suck it up, I know you're deathly afraid of money and debt due to growing up in a very poor household with both of your parents not having a formal education and neither being able to help you financially, but you need to get out of retail. You are too smart, dedicated, self-motivated, passionate and an over all well rounded awesome individual to waste such potential in the customer service feild! I know you love to help people into a more natural way of living, food and nutrition wise, but just think of what you could do with an education helping the planet, which in turn will provide all life with a more sustainable way to live. You're happiest in nature, you're not happy caged in grocery retail. So why not share your love and passion for an over all better way of living. With your love of nature, your hard work and dedication to the cause will go a long way. 'Mother Nature' needs more beings like you on her side so go out and use that potential you have stored inside of you to do so. Everything will work out in time."

Paul

Southern Polytechnic State University is the most amazing, not known college in georgia.

If I could tell my high school self advice it would be to keep all my chemistry notes, save money for groceries/expenses, and to just prepare mentally. I would tell myself to try to avoid the foreign porfessors because they are difficult to understand. Chemistry is way harder now that I can not understand my professor. I would tell myself to save as much as I can because groceries run out very quickly! Life of a college student is hard because I am basically on my own now. The transition from high school to college is easy but hard because things tend to pile up if I do not keep my priorities straight. Finally I would tell myself to prepare mentally because there are tons of things that can drift my focus away from school work. If I do not come in with a mind set for work then it will be increasingly difficult. All work now and play later is the most important thing I would try to tell myself because on that basis things will always go smoothly.

I think the worst thing about our school is that there are tons of foreign professors. Having them are good for the foreign exchange students but i am having a tough time learning the subjects they teach. Not being able to understand my professors is causing me to have to go to tutoring on top of my full schedule.

Christina

We are know for Architecture( major wise) and we have determined students.

We are know for Architecture( major wise) and we have determined students.

If I could go back, I would take my senior year and that summer to make sure that I knew myself as well as possible. It is important to know yourself, so that one could make choices such as, what time to schedule my classes? Am I a morning person or a night person? How much work am I really willing to put in? Should I be full time or a part time student? I would also have made a year by year plan, both socially and academically. Try to figure out how I would balance those two parts of my life. I would have talked to more adults and other college students about advice as I transition to a college student.

Any student that is willing to push themselves. A student that is excited about learning because the professors want to teach. A student that want to gain leadership abilities, we provide many chances for that!

Quindell

My classmates are very enthusatic about everything our professors are showing us.

If I could back in time and talk to my high school self. I would tell myself do not be scared, do not procrastinate, also apply your self because you will be the future of this world, no matter what you do, just make sure you do it to the best of your ability. Then I would say believe you will thank me later.

Skyler

I would advise myself to go straight into college. I waited three years before deciding to further my education. If i had the chanceto talk to myself in 2009 I would make a point to emphasize how important school actually is and how much farther it can take you in life.

Meg

If I could go back to high school, senior year, I would convince myself that college is going to be a great, one time experience, full of benefits that will help me throughout not only my career, but my life. Scared, worried and alone going into college, I really wasn't sure what to expect from the classes, the teachers, or the workload. Everything was new to me, nothing was familiar. The transition from high school to college was a huge leap, but college becomes the place to make lifelong friends, and if you meet the right people, together you will succeed. Not only that, but because of the transition into "adult" and living on your own, the life experience for some completely changes as the parental guidance isn't focused on one's self anymore; thus, in high school, begin to make good choices for yourself, because who you are in college, makes you the person you will most likely become later in life. Take control for your actions and responsibilites, meet people and have a good time, but remember the reason that you are in school, the get a higher education and succeed in life.

The best thing at the school would have to be the diversity of the students. I am in architecture, and in my classes, people from many countries bring their opinions about architecture to the table. It opens up the possibilities in architecture, as well as allows me to understand the various cultures and their lifestyles. Not only that, but it's interesting to learn about other countries and the people that live in them.

The thing that I find worse about Southern Polytechnic is the lack activities to participate in, with regards to sports. I recently started a swim club on campus, because I love to swim, but in years past, I didn't have any sports to participate in. The social experience at SPSU isn't at all like other campuses, and I have found, that just based on swim club, I have met a lot more people and have finally become happy with the activities at Southern Poly.

Theresa

Theresa, you are about to complete high school. I have some friendly advise I'd like to pass down to youcan't stress enough how important it is for you to take you education from this point on very serious. Look at it this way, you are setting up your future. In this day and time, it's so hard to find a decent job without a degree. Now is the time to plan your future, set goals and diligently strive to prioritize whats important to you. College can be fun and rewarding at the same time. As long, as you keep focus on your goals along the way. Life passes by rather fast, believe me. You may think you can put it off throughout this journey but procrastinating only hurts yourself. You have to believe in yourself because you can do it! You will always have obstacles in life. which will make it even more rewarding for you when you finally are able to walk across thestage with a degree that will lay a foundation out for you as you venture into your career.

branden

I would tell my self that I need to apply for as many scholarschips as possible, save money to try to pay for school and not take any loans. college can get stressfull at times but if you manage your time right every thing will fall into place. Do not put off your work untill it is the last minute because when you do that the work piles up and its hard to get caught up

Jeremy

Southern Poly is a small university of technology, providing students with resources current to the fields they would like to enter. The academic experience here is what you make of it: there is ample opportunity to dive deeper into subject matter and really become an expert at your craft. It is a great place to find your potential and develop the necessary skills to reach your long-term goals.

Past Me, Heads up: the life you are living and life you want to live are about to diverge into a fork that cannot be backtracked. That's right, your future starts right now. You have the next year to push yourself. No, not purely in academics. I'm talking serious personal growth. Sure the busy work is pointless; none of these subjects apply to you. That's not the point. These classes you cannot stand are a test, a test to see if you have the dedication to get what you want. Push for those grades that will get you in the school you want to go. Speaking of, you know what you want to do with your life. Don't settle in Georgia just because you can qualify for a state scholarship. GO WHERE YOU WANT. Do what you want. Now. There is not a right or wrong here. Yes financial debt might be part of doing what you want. However, by choosing to go down the path that will bring you utmost happiness, you are guaranteeing imminant success. Success makes your financial debt in the near future completely irrelevant. Start today. Your concerned older self, Jeremy

Students who flourish at SPSU are those with a passion for their vocation. The work load can be immence and general education classes are thorough. Such an academic load requires a lot of self-initiated study outside of class to legitimately comprehend the material taught. It takes a deciplined individual to stay on top of the expected level of study at Southern Poly. This is a great school for those who are structured and enjoy the freedom to develop a personal learning style.

kiara

I would tell myself to take my test more serious and be more focus on school. I would have took my easy college course earlier so i would have to take them my freshman year of college. But I am now learning from my mistakes and becoming a better person. I am more focus this year and am taking my college life 100% better than I took my senior year!

Southern Polytechnic State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.