Southern Polytechnic State University

« See more reviews of Southern Polytechnic State University

This school is moderately diverse and could accommodate most students needs. The weakest point I would presume would be the art criteria, but then again, this is a very technical school, hence polytechnic. In respect to the technical courses, a person looking to focus on the theory, rather than the application, would probably be happier at other institutes. The theory can still be learned, esspecially if the student is self motivated, but it isn't the focus of the institution. Students looking for a strong administrative department would probably much happier at different institutions.

A student who does not work hard, does not like to listen well to instructions, or is unable to walk prolonged distances in order to advance to their final building destination should not attend this University. This school is heavy and stricked on assignments and project deliverables as well as detailed mathematical calculations for many of the engineering and structural engineering programs. There is no bus access for students and it is quite difficult for many handicapped individuals to access certain parts of the University without commuting great distances.

Southern Polytechnic is generally oriented for students that want to pursue a path in engineering or computing. SPSU isn't a liberal arts school and never will be. If one is looking to go into political science, teaching, or acquiring an art degree then SPSU is not the place to go. Also, SPSU doesn't have a very large campus, and students generally go home during the weekend. So if one is looking for a campus that has something going on at all times, then SPSU might not be your cup of tea.

Being an engineering school, if you are intersted in liberal arts, fine arts, or most humanities, there are schools close by that would better suite you. It is a very conservavtive school in every way imaginable, which is reflected by its student body. Very diverse when it come to ethnicity, there are a large number of international students, who often times bring many cultural values with them; creating learning both in and out of the classroom.

Any person that does not like technology or likes to study alot should not attend this school. Southern Poly is a technology University so an interest in technology is necessary. Also, this University prepares you for exciting careers that require lots studying and discipline. If you cannot take school seriously and do not have an interest in today's technologies, then this University is not for you.

Southern Polytechnic State University doesn’t have any stereotypes, so I would encourage anyone seeking technical degrees to take a look! Southern Poly is quiet and safe school that has smaller classes that allow one on one time with your professors. The class options are extensive, making it easy to create a schedule that works for you, day or evening!

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is one that enjoys partying. This school is very competitive and one must be really focused and dedicated in order to succeed. Also, most majors at Southern Polytechnic invole quite a bit of math and science. A person who doesn't want take all these math and science classes might not like it here.

A person that is not strongly motivated and commited to doing work should not attend Southern Poltech. Students who are lazy and expect to get through a class by doing the bare minimum also would not do well at my school. Southern Polytech is also not a big party school, so those who expect to come and party every day would be very disappointed.

There aren't too many types of people that shouldn't attend Southern Poly. Due to the fact that it is a smaller-scaled school, I wouldn't recommend any type of people that are looking to study at a school with a larger population of students to study here. Other than that, I think that Southern Poly accomodates a wide variety of people.

I would say that the type of person who should not attend this school would be someone who is looking to party for the duration of their time in college. Although there ARE parties that go on, someone who is looking to constantly party would be quite disappointed as they realize that there are not many parties that go on at this school