Southern Polytechnic State University

« See more reviews of Southern Polytechnic State University

The most frustrating thing about my school is the ratio between male and female students. Because the school is mainly for some form of engineering, not many females attend. It is kind of weird coming from high school where the ratio was about equal and coming to a school where there may be no more than four or five girls in your class. For some it may be beneficial but it takes away from the college experience of socializing with other students.

There is a lack of social life on campus. There are clubs and activities sponosored by the students and the school but there's nothing really amazing. There isn't a lot of hardcore partying here. This is not a party school but if you are into that, then you can try the fraternities. The weekends are pretty dead on campus as well. Not to say that nothing goes on here or there's no fun, just depends on you're interests.

The most frustrating thing about Southern Poly is the lack of math study groups and tutors as well as the long drive from my house. I see a math tutor at school once a week but I can only go from 10:00 to 10:50 because I have class the rest of the day that there's tutors, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays I have work compined with the fact I can't afford to drive all the way to school five times a week.

The social life at this school is frustrating. Most people stick to certain groups of people and dont usually migrate out of that. I personally have experienced this, even though I am outgoing as far as the social aspect goes. Also, most people here are what one might consider "nerdy," thus, they don't leave the confines of their room and don't usually allow others into their space.

There is VERY little social activity on campus. Some of the students that attend this school are seemingly socially-inept. The meal plan that you are required to purchase if you live in the dorms is totally unflexible, and the quality of the food they serve you is not kosher by any means.

There are not more resources available for students who are taking concentration classes in International Studies field in regards to preparing for tests and seminars and getting advice from someone who is a professional in the same field that you are working towards.

The most frustrating thing is ratio of males to females. Because this school focuses more on engineering more guys are enrolled in the institution. Me, being a female, I am always surrounded by alot of guys, which makes it a little bit frustrating.

The most frustrating aspect of my school is the finacial aid portion. They are not error free and have made mistakes upon my account. I even lost a fincial aid due to my gpa and I didnt know until I looked myself. They never called to tell me.

the most Fustrating thing at SPSU is the organization of documentation. they will tell you you have an issue with housing payment for example, and when you check there is no problem. and they hold back your grade because of that mistake made.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is not really known beyond the South East United States. I might be reciving degree comparable to one from Ga Tech but Ga Tech is known world wide as where SPSU is not.