Southern Polytechnic State University

« See more reviews of Southern Polytechnic State University

Through my own personal research I had learned quite a bit about the school before attending, but there are some things you can only learn while attending an institution. Something I wish I had known about this particular school was how it's administrative system compares to my previous institution. My previous college was phenominal, and this school is sub par. The focus on the students is drastically less, and seems to me more focused on the business aspect of college. Which, unfortunately, I am afraid may be the case for many larger institutions.

To know something is not always the key to success. I wish I had more wisdom to carry out my educational deciscions in a more effecient and timely manner. I now know that this wisdom comes from many others who have gone down similar paths ahead of my time. Coming to the realization that others are very willing to pass down such vital wisdom was the knowledge needed before entering my current institution.

Some majors such as architecture can be very exspensive, as well as time consuming. The variety of majors offered is very limited, however it is easy to move to another school that offers different majors close by. If they do have a feild of study that you would like to persue, most of the staff are top notch and willing to work with you, and adding in the small class sizes, its a great university.

Often people say how hard college is and how much work there is to be done. While that all may be true, during my time in college i find the most difficult thing is decision making. It would have been nice if someone informed me of the many hard and important decisions there were to be made in college. Although im doing pretty good now, I might have been a little better off if i was informed.

I wish i knew more about the variety of students to meet at my school. Everybody seems to be the same and like the same things. I am guessing it is because it is a technical school, with specific majors. I also wish i knew the guy to girl ratio because i just see guys walking around campus. I wish i knew my major before going to this school because i changed it to biology after i started here.

I wish I would have known about more of the grants and schlorships that I could have applied for. And that I could have transfered to another university for my degree if I choose to. (Instead of being told I would have to re-do the majority of my classes. I know that they can't help the ecomony, but there are no jobs out there.

The one thing I wish I knew Before coming to Southern Poly was how few girls go to the school. Granted, there is more than two in the whole school, but guys outnumber girls by three to one easily. While this fact is of minor consequence to me, I don't have time for a girlfriend, it is nice to know all the facts beforehand.

I wish I would have known that I needed my official college transcript sent from the university I dual enrolled in while in highschool sent to SPSU. But, this advice can be applied to any school. Just make sure you have all your registration stuff together well in advance when applying for college.

There's really nothing about the school that I find dissatisfactory. I am very pleased with all aspects of the campus including the beauty, good food, student orientation and activities, campus life, classes, work load, and the staff and their dedication and concern towards my education.

How much professors at this school actually cared. I heard stories of how many professors at universities are not very helpful and leave you to struggle on your own, but in reality they love to help you just have to approach them. If I knew this I would have gotten help a lot sooner.