Hillsboro, OH
Southern State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern State Community College

Jason

Great school to both get a education and work at the same time. They have a lot of evening classes to help with that. All the professors are extremely helpful and well educated. The school in general is extremely helpful. I’ve had a great experience so far.

Michkayla

- Cheap and community oriented - Professors and faculty are nice, but I have ran into a few bad eggs - Financial department is okay, I've had some bad experience with them - Hours and class times are reasonable SSCC is a decent college. I was a student from fall 2015 to spring 2017. It was cheap, easy for me to save up for my transfer to AAC (Art Academy of Cincinnati). I was able to schedule classes around work, too. I did have some issues with financial aid and my college refund. It was a complicated situation and took a while to fix. My class and I had a bad experience with an English professor in Fall 2016. Apparently, multiple students have complained about this specific professor, but the school didn't do anything to better the situation and issues. I also was going to graduate with my 2-year associates degree, but they claimed I needed more elective credits (even though I was way 6 credits over the required about to graduate). SSCC is a good college if you're maintaining a job and it is very reasonably priced. However, my advice to any student attending there , or thinking about going to SSCC is; read the fine print, be prepared to tolerate uncooperative professors/faculty on certain occasions, and really figure out how many credits you NEED to graduate.

My Junior year of high school I enrolled into the CCPP (College credit plus program.) The classes that I decided to do based off of my entrance exam was English 1101 and English 1102. I struggled at the beginning of 1101 because it had been a completely different environment then what I had been use to before. My teacher Ms. West always kept on her grades, would always email us back immediately, and would always keep a time frame for dead lines of papers and test. I love the professors I have received from the school and the school itself seems to care about your academics just as much as I do as well, which was super nice. Southern state is also about 15- 20 minutes way from my house and job so having it so close and commutable is awesome.

Devon

Most of the students who attend SSCC are from a small town area so they often get labeled as hicks. This is both true and false at the same time. Generally the students do come from a small backwoods town or from a family of farmers, but many times they will surprise you with exactly how much they know and how friendly they are. In fact more often than not the "hick" student is the one that is keeping the whole class passing.

Tiara

My school is close to my home. I have to travel 40 miles to school, but I was able to work my schedule out in a way that makes it possible for me to go to class only a couple times a week.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would assure myself that I made the right decision in choosing my major, even if it was at the last minute. I would tell myself not to stress out and not to be nervous about going to college because I will meet new people who are willing to help me in many ways. I will meet other students who will help by giving advice about classes that they have completed in the same major, and I will meet professors who will help by being available at all hours if any questions arise. In the end, i'll leave myself with these words "There will be times that you will struggle but keep in mind that things will work themselves out. Just don't give up. "

When I sit to think about it, I think that just about anyone should attend this school. It's very diverse in the people. There are older students, and students fresh out of high school who party.

Brianna

My classmates are open,helpful and nice.

My classmates are open,helpful and nice.

Southern State is close to my home so that makes ideal for me as a feshman to get used to the demands of college. It is a safe college and the professors are extremely helpful. All of the staff members that I have come in contact with, are there to help each student become what they want to be. They actually teach you instead of just shoving tests at you.

I would tell myself to focus on learning instead of graduationg. People get so caught up in seeing the light at end of the tunnel, that they miss the ride in between. When I graduated, I really did feel as if I had stepped into a whole new realm of life. The adult realm. I wish I would have enjoyed my previous schooling years instead of just striving to get through them. If I would have learned to love knowledge, then I could have carried that over into starting college. If you love knowledge then that in itself will be a motivator for you in college. It will also take care of what grades you receive. The best advice I can give is to not be afraid of the future. Instead, be excited and enjoy the ride. All of it.

shantelle

I havent attended there yet, I dont know

I havent attended there yet, I dont know

I would give myself advice to work harder to get homework and assignments turned in on time and get them done quicker. I waited til the last minute and it is backfiring on me. I would tell my self to work hard to get all straight A's to keep my GPA up as high as I could. I would tell myself not to give up because I'm not done with school, it has only begun. If I would of had that mentality I believe I would have done a lot better senior year. I would make myself not be lazy and do everything with all my strength and knowledge.

A person who likes a smaller class and wants to be more connected with students and professors.

Brandy

If I could go back prior to entering college after high school I would tell myself to make a plan. Choose a major for college and then complete all prerequisits prior to the specific degree classes. This would have enabled me to concentrate more on the major classes in that quarter rather than writing an english paper on a book unrelated to my degree.

I really don't have anything negative to say about SSCC.

Southern State Community College has small classes which enables plenty of one on one time with students who need it. The Professors are very up to date on the subjects and teach so that it can be understood on any level. This college helps in any way posiible to get a student started and keep them going, wether it be with financial aid, class schedule or even daycare. SSCC offers placement assisstance and transfer assistance. The counselors here are readily available to answer questions over the phone or to even meet you at a campus that is closer for you.

Southern State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.