Baton Rouge, LA
Southern University and A & M College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern University and A & M College

Emerald

I was a student at another 4 year university before I started at Southern University. I can say that Southern has more of a "college feel". There isn't a dull moment on campus and there is always something to do. Unlike the college that I attended before, Southern University feels more like home. It's not often that you find a school that not only supplies you with the educational needs, but also it supplies you with love and support on and off campus.

My advice to myself would to do things on time. College is a whole different ball game. There just isn't time to wait and be hesitant about when to do things. If you know that it should be done, do it. There is so much to do and so little time. Getting ready and prepared for college can be a hassel. Everything has to be done in an orderly fashion. Waiting to do everything on your time will not work out for you to well. When adults are telling you to start early, they aren't lying. It;s important to get into school and apply on time. But when you get into school, there's so much more to do. Getting everything together if you plan to live on campus is really important. You're basically are moving into your own mini apartment and it's more than just decorations to get. Transportation, food, and so much more is envolved. The best advice is to do everything as soon as possible. When it is told to you, just do it then and there. Because as soon as you miss a deadline, you're in for trouble.

There isn't a kind of person that should or shouldn't attend this school. Southern is a great school and I would tell anyone to attend. No matter what's their background, race, ethnicity, or background, Southern University should be in their list of schools.

Raechelle

My classmates are always eager to learn and eager to work in small groups.

My classmates are always eager to learn and eager to work in small groups.

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition,If I can go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to remain focus and that only the strong survive. I would tell myself that a party can wait and that my school work is more important. If i can go back I would tell my parents to continue to support me and not give up on me. I would tell myself not to let anyone change me and at the end of the day the only person that can judge me is God.

The worst thing about southern University is not having anything to do on the weekend. Im from San francisco ,Ca and I cant just go home on the weekend so when its nothing to do on campus and all my friends go home because they are from the state, I get very home sick and I start to feel lonely.

JASMINE

I would have taken more advantage of the tutoring services so that my grades would have been more appealing. I also would have looked into more schlolarships to help assist with paying for my school.

Friendly, outgoing, and academically ready students.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the campus parking. Also, my fianancial situation is very limited, so it will be very difficult for me to pay for Nursing school next semester.

Tiara

Somewhere you can go to learn and to prepare you for a successful career.

Somewhere you can go to learn and to prepare you for a successful career.

The students have a strong sense of school pride and most are very hard working.

Dear high school me, First, high school does NOT prepare you for college; it was all a lie! Second, make sure you go and apply for as many scholarships as you can, especially the bill gates scholarship. You should also try to find a job during the breaks and if you have time during school, because the refund money you get after everything is paid for dwindles VERY quickly. If you go to Southern University make sure you learn how to get around campus and make sure that you have everything you need before you do anything. Most importantly, make sure that you do all of your work ahead of time, study a LOT, and belive that you can do whatever you set your mind to. If you don't believe in yourself no one else will either. Oh. And one last thing. Make sure to avoid the "party people", make plenty of good friends, and enjoy yourself! You are in college after all. ^_^ Love Future You.

Chelsea

I would tell my high school self not to worry so much about college! It's not going to be as bad as you think it is. It'll be stressful, hectic, crazy and difficult, but it will also be ridiculously fun, exctiting, life changing, like a big learning adventure. Stop worrying about the money, just enjoy yourself, work hard, and apply to as many scholarships as possible, even the long essay ones, don't be lazy! You can do it, and no matter how many people you lose along the way, you know you can always count on yourself. People will come and go, but the people who matter will stick around. Have fun! And don't forget, you are awesome!

Terrance

The advice that I would give myself is to take the necessary courses to qualify for any Louisiana TOPS Scholarships and apply for other scholarships.

I do not consider anything about Southern University and A&M College the worst thing. For I have had a AWESOME time while I matriculated there and if I had to do it all over again I will do it at Southern University and A&M College!!!

The most frustrating thing about Southern University and A&M College is that every alumni and current students need to give back more to the institution.

Kenidi

Kenidi, Kenidi, Kenidi! I am you from the future and here are a few things I need you to do differently senior year! Do not take Mr. Cohen’s American Government/ Economics class as a joke; go in there and study and pass every online test because you could pass with an A, which could bring your GPA to a 4.0 instead of a somewhat acceptable 3.8. Secondly go hard every time you step on that court! Play as though it is your last game every game! You do this you are shooing to be in the FAB FIVE! Lastly I want you to choose your friends wisely! I know you like to have fun but sometimes the company you keep can bring you down! So just make smart decisions and I’m here if you need any more advice! Have fun girl! I LOVE YOU!!

Everything is good about my school!!

I dont have anything bad to say about my school!

Britni

Knowing what I know now in my experience of life and college, I would advise myself as a high school senior in 2006, to really think about what YOU want in life, not what others expect from you. It will be a challenging transition from high school to college. You will want your independence, be pressured into doing things in life that may not be the wisest choice and you will meet people who are in your corner hoping for your failure. You will have to stay focused on your academics and your expectations for your life. You will be tested by family, friends, peers, and those who want better for you. As long as you remain positive, driven, and unafraid to ask for help when needed, you will succeed. No matter how long it takes you to complete your college career, do not be discouraged and quitting is not an option. You deserve the best that life has to offer, always believe this and believe in yourself. The road will be long and trecherous, but keep God first and keep your priorities together. You will be fine, the best is yet to come! Good luck!

It is struggling with the overall financial situation to keep the faculty and administration satisfied. Many employees are being laid off and/or forced to retire, and their routine weekly work schedules are being furloughed.

The financial aid process is can take a lot of time to process.

Azariah

Knowing what I know now, If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give my self a lot of advice. First of, I would let myself know to start applying for college as soon as school starts. Secondly, I would let myself know to apply for as many scholarships as i can. I wish I would have done this, I did not want to take out loans but because i did not have any scholarships. I hope now I can get a lot of scholarships so that I can cease my need of loans. Also, I would let myself know to explore more. Now that am in college I woish I would have did research on other schools also. I love my school but I am going to transfer somewhere else that suites me better. I wish all high school seniors could read this. Don't go where your friends are going, don't go to the school that 30,000 a year. Be smart, nothing is wrong with attending a in state, state college. It is the person that matters not that cost of the college. Be smart.

I consider that sense of family to be the best thing about my school. I feel it is important that every school has a sense of family to make students comfortable.

The kind of person I feel should not attend Southern University and A & M College is someone who is closed minded and not serious about their education.

Tony

If I had the desscion to go back in time and talk to myself as a high senior senior, I wouldn't want to. Theres always a reason why you are that person as of today. For me, my expierence will have to be referred during my sopohmore year. During my sophomore year, I didn't pay attention in school nor the value of my education. All that matter to me was going out with friends and having a good time. I failed 4 classes, both fall and spring semester. The following year, things unraveled in my head when I saw my friend graduation. All I could think of is imagining me in my friends postion and saying "I accomplished high school". Not until my senior, I knew it was my responsibility to make up those classes I failed back in sophmore year. It took time and effort but I didn't care about the long hours I had to complete my work for the classes that I needed to make up and my classes in general. I was determined to graduate and prove myself, that you can achieve your goal if you put your effort into it.

Southern University and A & M College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.