Southern University and A & M College

« See more reviews of Southern University and A & M College

What I consider to be the worst thing about school is that your grades are mostly based on tests. In high school you get a lot of chances to make good grades because you have tests, quizzes, homework, and projects (in and out of class). In college, you only have tests for the most part which means you have to spend most of your time studying and when you don't understand something, you have to make sure that you stay in your professor's office until you get it, because its the only grade you get.

I feel the worst thing about my school is the students attending. There are so many students who have a lot of potential and are eager to learn. Those students are distracted by the other students who don't care about education. Too many students are here and have no concern about their future. Financial aid is wasted on students of that nature and the good students suffer behind it. Financial aid then becomes harder to recieve because of the bad students.

THE WORST THING I WOULD CONSIDER AT MY SCHOOL IS THE FINANCIAL AID ASSISTANCE. THE REASON I SAY THIS IS THE WORST PROBLEM AT SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY IS BECAUSE THE STAFF AND SYSTEM IS EXTREMELY UNORGANIZED AND RUDE. STUDENTS HAVE TO SIT AND WAIT IN LINE FOR DAYS AND AT LEAST EIGHT HOURS EVERY YEAR TO GET THEIR FINANCIAL AID TAKEN CARE OF. THEY ARE ALSO UNINFORMATIVE AND NOT HELPFUL.

The worst thing about my school is housing. The housing at my school is over priced for what the students live in. We have an ant problem, locks on the closets dont lock, sometimes there are problems with the toilets and sometimes the water is cut off. Living in a dorm is suppose to be a home away from home and its not

The worst thing about southern University is not having anything to do on the weekend. Im from San francisco ,Ca and I cant just go home on the weekend so when its nothing to do on campus and all my friends go home because they are from the state, I get very home sick and I start to feel lonely.

I do not consider anything about Southern University and A&M College the worst thing. For I have had a AWESOME time while I matriculated there and if I had to do it all over again I will do it at Southern University and A&M College!!!

The lack of concern for the student body by the administration. They make decisions that rarely benefit the students. The campus is still lacking an on-campus rec center, and there are none within a five mile radius of the campus.

It is struggling with the overall financial situation to keep the faculty and administration satisfied. Many employees are being laid off and/or forced to retire, and their routine weekly work schedules are being furloughed.

The worst thing about attending SU is the high standards that are expected morally, academically, intellectually. If you don't want to be challgened in these areas, I suggest that you select another school.

It is not very organized and the rumor is it it in jeopordy of losing accreditdation. Most faculty members give students the run around when asked a simple question.