New Orleans, LA
Southern University at New Orleans

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern University at New Orleans

Devonta

I love the campus. We have event and campus partys almost everday. There is so much to do when you have free time. Its the best choice in the city of new orleans. I love it there and will be a proud alumni when i walk across the stage. I would recommend every new orleans student to attend southern university at new orleans

Narkelia

Its okay. Not a college where yo can have fun because alot isn't offered and there really isnt much to do. its boring most of the time and the greek life is so fake. so fake. but other than that, just get your degree and go about your business. Is what it is.

Naya

This school is and okay school it is mostly big on business and criminal justice majors. This school is really not a fit for me the school doesn't have a football team or even a band . The education is good but the school spirit and sororities and fraternities is not there really that good.

I believe that Southern University at New Orleans is a great school because it gives me an opportunity to learn at the pace I want to. I believe that things such as the housing (prices are high with very minimal extra-curricular activities to be apart of and when students make or plan something its shutdown), the food (Same menu every week, won't accept students who don't want to be charged for meal plan if students don't want to eat there) but these things seem as if they are slowing changing.

Keyosha

My overall opinion on my school is an is it has a friendly environment. You can find what you need and where to get it. Also, the college life might be boring sometimes but others, it be lit and just plain fun. We might not be a huge college like Southern or LSU, but we still hold it down and have fun when the time is right.

Marija

I like it here. Professors are great, always available. Classes are interesting, you can learn something new every day. Housing is pretty safe, school too. Stuff is always welcoming and rrady to help. Apartments are well organized, and clean when you first move in.

Esperanza

Southern University is a school that is family oriented and supportive. The instructors go the extra mile to make sure we are learning and understanding. There are many support groups that guide the students to great achievements. Suno gives me the strength and powerful mind frame to want more. Everyone that I see at school walk around with a smile and greet you sincerely and whole heartedly. I wear my SUNO shirtto show my love and respect for my university.

The best advice I would give myself is to be more focused with my studies and think ahead. I have a bad habit of waiting to the last minute to complete assignments. At the time they are due, I am rushing to get them completed. Also, if you don't understand whats going on in class, dont take the coward move and drop the class. Tutoring is the best option if you don't understand anything. Also, I would make sure to ask for extra credit work to help receive a better or higher grade. When you are young, you always want to have fun and never take things or life serious. I would make sure that more time is put into my studies and my decision making would be careful and not careless. Of course, you learn from them, but what I know now, I wish I knew then.

Southern University At New Orleans has one bad thingand thats rebuilding the school.Suno was destroyed by hurricane katrina in August 2005.It suffered dramatic damage to the buildings and students. My heart was filledwith sadness and still today, you see the effectsof the hurricane. Most of the students have returned, but we are lacking classrooms. I love suno because this is my home and family and I wish to be a graduate of this university.

Bianca

The professors are knowledgable in their topic and are well organized.

The professors are knowledgable in their topic and are well organized.

I would probably visit more campuses. I would probably sit in a few classes to see the size and how the professors teach.

The financial aid process takes entirely too long. The registration process is horrible. The advisors and administrative staff seems like they do not really care about the students. They act like they just want to the day to be over.

Andrea

Most of my classmates seem not to give school the full attention it needs.

Most of my classmates seem not to give school the full attention it needs.

I would advise myself to attend college sooner than later and apply myself because college can become harder to accomplish the longer you have to attend due to failure of courses. College can be challenging and it's easy to quit and harder to go back to if prolonged.

I think that the administration can be frustrating when you have important questions to ask that would make your academic school year more sufficient.

Southern University at New Orleans administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.