Southern University at Shreveport Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Southern University at Shreveport

Donavan

I believe everyone who attends this university is in for excitement with uplifting students & facility. If you interested in making your future a success this is the place to be. I remember when I first applied staff was very nice and patient with incoming freshman and returning students.

Charles

My overall opinion of Southern University at Shreveport is to come every day and doing my assignment. Southern University at Shreveport or SUSLA is a two-year campus of the historically black Southern University System, located in Shreveport, the U.S. state of Louisiana.[1] SUSLA pushed to fruition by the administration of Governor John J. McKeithen, opened for instruction on September 19, 1967. At the same time a second two-year institution, Louisiana State University at Shreveport, also opened. However, LSUS later became a four-year campus, but SUSLA remains a two-year facility. The university is a member-school of Thurgood Marshall College Fund. The primary emphasis of SUSLA was to serve the Shreveport-Bossier City area. SUSLA is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees in various fields of study. On October 28, 1974, the Louisiana Board of Regents, then called the Coordinating Council for Higher Education, granted to the institution approval for six associate degree programs in business, humanities, medical office assistant, natural sciences, office administration and social sciences. In 1978, it added an associate degree in medical laboratory technology. Among the buildings at SUSLA is Stone Hall, named for the late Southern University System president Jesse N. Stone, Jr... Inside Stone Hall is the J. Bennett Johnston, Jr. Video Conferencing Center, named for the former U.S. senator from Shreveport.

Makaylah

Southern University is a family oriented university, I came to the campus with only three friends from the same state and any of us have family in the state of Louisiana. Until I met my suit mate that is from Zachary, Louisiana her parents took us in as their own and treated us like family since we been at the university they invite us over to their house allow us to attend church with them and much more. Being at Southern theres plenty of students or staff members that will help you without a problem if you need to work something out with your teachers or class schedule they're there to help. For students who are looking for someone to talk to or get closer to the lord they have dorm meetings when theres guest speakers and once a week theres bible study in the main lobby. No matter if you have no friends or friends there's always something for everybody at Southern University.

Deadrian

The teachers are the best feels like I'm at home. The teachers make you feel like their your family

Abiola

The program is very competitive and with one failed class you are dismissed from the class. The workload is heavy, at times ridiculously heavy. Too much time spent on busy work and not enough time spent on constructive items to excel/study. The facilities should be improved, it would be convenient if all of the classes were held at one location instead of two different campuses. Sometimes this contributes to multiple trips and excessive/unnecessary driving.

Armesha

The students are friendly and helpful and courteous. I really don't see anything bad about the university, yet, and hopefully I won't. There is nothing else that I know of that people should know before they attend. Make sure that you come to school for the right reasons. Stay focused and on top of things. If you are not sure that college is for you, then stay out until you have made up your mind.