Southern Utah University Top Questions

Victoria

The parking is limited. A parking garage would be very beneficial and aid in students arriving to class on time.

Alison

The most frustrating thing about the school is that people didn't really seem to want to get involved. Many people just kept to themselves and it made it very hard to meet people and get to know them.

Austin

The only thing I can think of is that since it is in a smaller town, I catch myself doing the same routine outside of class such as bowling, tennis, and hiking. There isn't a whole ton of variety but it is close enough to St. George to make up for it.

Mandy

Sometimes the professors take quite some time to get results back for tests and papers.

Caden

I'd have to say the most frustrating thing about the school is that there are alot of people. So unless you have some outstanding characteristics, it's hard to not just be another face in the crowd. This isn't neccessarily a bad thing, it's just hard to remember names and faces at times, and to be remembered is also a bit of a struggle. But such is life on a large campus.

Arielle

The most frusterating thing about my school is paying for it. I never went to any seminars about financial aid so I didn't know all the resources there were to help me get my education payed for. They should make that information a little more public

Caitlin

While I grew up LDS, I am no longer practicing. Even though I am used to the LDS culture, SUU was a culture shock at first. Since then, I've found my own niche, but it is still frustrating that the LDS influence is so prevalent. Some people make judgements about others on really petty things--like modesty and whether or not they drink coffee--and some apartments have rules in their contract like no overnight guests of the opposite sex--which I think is up to the roommates to decide. I wish I felt less judged at my school.

Caislin

The lack of diversity and eco-friendliness bugs me. The whole time i've been in Cedar there is only one recycling bin that was accessible for a month in the student center.

J

The only thing i dislike is how cold it gets in winter.

kathy

There are too many annoying freshman and sophomores and not very many older students.

Cody

That it's full of a lot of ignorant stubborn people that dont know what the college experience should be about

Derek

No one ever talks to me, and the morons that work for financial aid. Useless!!!

Jemma

The most frustrating part about Southern Utah University is the girl to guy ratio. There's about seven girls to every three guys - and this makes dating near impossible. Also, how small the school is can be a little frustrating, because sometimes you can't get in the classes you want when you need them.

Marlee

The most frustrating thing about my school was getting my financial aid package together by sending in my tax information and the corrected FAFSA. The one woman in the Financial Aid office that was supposed to put it together, went on vacation and it just took longer than I expected. But my problem was met and I was taken care of instead of being handed off to others counselors in the office.

Rachelle

the most frustrating thing about my school is trying to get into classes. It is nothing like a large university, but upper classmen have the upperhand in getting into classes so I have to wait even if I registered first. It's nothing against just my school. I also wish there was a better financial aid plan for students. I am working two jobs going to school full time and I get no help. school is a little difficult.