Central, SC
Southern Wesleyan University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Wesleyan University

If I could go back and talk to my high school self I would tell myself to really think about my major choice and put some really good thought into it. I have switched my major several times since I started college and it has made my process a little slower than others. Even if a professor says, "You only have to show up for class for tests", show up for every class! I was thrilled with the independence given to me upon the start of my first year at college. Stay organized and keep up with school work. It was much easier to turn in late work in high school because your teacher knew you on a more intimate level. In college a deadline is a deadline and that’s that! I would go back and tell myself to stay smart, keep a good head on my shoulders, and strive for the best. Doing well in college can only open doors and lead to a fulfilling adult life-with the job of my dreams. Above all-enjoy college for all it's worth, after all, these are supposed to be the best years of your life.

mariana

As the years pass by, we all tend to look back and want to change certain things. I am currently 24 years old. I graduated with a bachelor's in criminal justice in 2012. I was so excited, and just wanted to rush and graduate. I graduated with a low GPA not allowing me to really be considered for a Master's program. My fault was to rush and graduate without really focusing on my grades. If i could go back to high school, i would have stuck with my gut instincts and followed the harder academic path. Time is going to pass by anyways, no one should rush. I look back now being 24, and i wish i could have followed Forensic Sciences rather than Criminal Justice and took my time focusing on my grades. We all look back on our mistakes and think what if, but at the same time you learn from every experience. I now am trying to do a second bachelor's in what i originally wanted. It is never to late to fix your mistakes.

I graduated with a bachelors in criminal justice in 2012. I have been trying to find a local and non-local job in my field. I have not had the best of luck to strive in the potential that i know i have. I am going back to school in a related field as a second bachelor's; forensic science. I am highly considering South Wesleyan for it's academic programs. The worse thing i have yet to see from this school is that it is very small, does not exactly give you a college vibe.

A person who does not have there faith as there top priorities should not attend this school. This school is based on Cristian beliefs.

Keonna

Dear Keonna, Please know sometimes life isn't what you planned it to be. As you have learned in high school, people have the opportunity to either make or break their post-graduation plans. You chose to go to college and make something even better out of yourself; despite your circumstances. Please remember that you can't plan EVERYTHING. Yes, you may plan what you need to do (as a task leader), but you sometimes need to roll with the flow. For example, you wouldn't want to plan your first kiss...that's really awkward, huh? Just know things happen for a reason....and everything will turn out better than what you expect. On another note....stop being so stuck in your ways. Branch out! Meet new people, socialize, get into some fun trouble. Do something other than schoolwork. Trust me, you have a long time to work, but little time to play. Love yourself, love others, and teach others to do the same! If you don't treat your time wisely, you will miss out on opportunities you would never imagine. I love you!

I wish I would have known the price of the school. When I came, I was never told the full price of the school, only the areas I was cover for. Didn't realize until after I enrolled that I had to get extra loans to cover each year.

Sometimes I feel that minorities are seen as the black sheep. We don't get many events, nor invited to some. I was quite sad to see many students (and even facutly and staff) treat minorities a little differently. Pretty shocked for this to be a Christian school. Expected so much more.

The atmosphere is the best thing. Everyone is so kind and has up-lifting spirit. The Chirstian atmosphere is genuine and nice...

People who likes a smaller school. Someone who loves to help. And definitly people who aren't afraid show their love for Christ.

Angie

I would study more, focus more, pay attention! Instead of daydreaming and worrying about what others think or if I have a date for the weekend, I would pay attention to my teachers. I would thank my teachers for having patience and for trying their best to teach me something. College life is a lot harder....professors don't wait on you like high school teachers. If you're out, you better find the assignments you missed and get the work turned in. College life is different because it's your dime, not living life free as a bird like it is in high school.

I do not like the syllabus for the courses; the work assigned before the class starts and most students have no clue of what to do and then fall behind.

A focused student will do well at SWU. Goal oriented and works well with others in a group will thrive in this type of setting.

Anna

After leaving college in 1996 due to bipolar disorder, I am returning in 2011 to finish what I have started. I am gaining personal growth, insight and education for my goal of becoming an RN. It is valuable for me to attend because bipolar has been hard to live with and so continuing to strive for my goal gives me a feeling of self-worth, while hopefully giving me the education I need to once again become a contributing member of society. College gives me the opportunity to re-gain a social life by making new contacts (personal and professional) that will help in my current life and in future goals. This scholarship will help ensure that I can continue to attend college and have enough money to support myself and my family.

Antoine

My school is best known for its quality education with a christain perspective.

My school is best known for its quality education with a christain perspective.

Well you truly do have more freedom in college. I have done alot of growing up during my first semester in college. I value you the time I have spent in college so much because I have gotten to experience so much. Coming from a small town I did not realize that there was so much more to the world and I really value the new people I have been able to meet.

The worst thing about my school is that you can not live off campus unless your living with your parents or married. I feel that it should be your choice to live on campus or to to live off campus.

Travis

My classmates are very close and friendly.

My classmates are very close and friendly.

I feel like I have experienced the college feeling since leaving home. Just gaining that independent feeling away from the parents and everything. It also made me more independent because I didn't have someone looking over my shoulder or tell me what to do, which was a good and bad thing. The good part was that I could go pretty much wherever i needed to whenever, but then again I didnt have someone on my back about my school work. My first year at this college showed my more about the world then when I was in highschool, it was a new chapter in my life and i understood that i was getting older. I feel like God has lead me to this college to obtain an amazing christian ministry education, which is why I am applying for this scholarship.

I brag about how great of an atmosphere my college has and how well the professors conect with the students. The size of the school is also small so you can know more friends than a bigger college

Bethany

Next quarter marks the half-way point of my university experience: I will graduate from the community college and set foot into the four-year institution which will present me with a bachelor?s degree. Such an occasion not only is the source of my extreme joy and enthusiasm, but is a sign of accomplishment for me personally. After experiencing a delay in my education upon marriage and the birth of my children, I found myself dissatisfied that I had not made the most of my talents, academically speaking. I graduated from high school with a 3.9 GPA and excelled in a foreign language, so you can imagine how important school was for me. As the love for my family grew, so did the desire to continue my education to become a positive example for my children. Going to college has been an invaluable experience which confirms my belief that there exists no obstacle that I cannot overcome. The challenge of maintaining exceptional grades while raising a family has forced me to become a stronger woman, a superior wife, and a more capable mother. Words cannot express the innumerable ways which college has enhanced my life and my character.

Southern Wesleyan University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.