Central, SC
Southern Wesleyan University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Wesleyan University

Shannon

Southern Wesleyan University is a tight-knit community that is a safe place for believers and non-believers alike, and the staff, as well as many students, really have a heart for God and His will.

If I could go back and give some advice to my senior self, I would tell her to definitely apply to more scholarships. Although I looked around online a little bit, I mostly just applied to the ones that were handed to me. I would advise my younger self to really search scholarships out, because suddenly seeing the bill that you owe is pretty eye-opening and a little... shall we say, sickening? I also made the mistake of waiting a semester before going to school. Though I did have some health problems that I was attempting to deal with, I would definitely advise myself to go to school anyway. Waiting a semester might work for some people, but it surely didn't work for me, and I do regret the decision. I definitely felt judged by everone wondering "why is she still around?" and I will probably be taking summer classes if I can in an attempt to "catch up". Lastly, I would tell my younger self to keep close to friends and family. You don't know how much you take these people for granted until you're 18 hours away, or at least I didn't.

The best thing about Southern Wesleyan University is the community. It's a pretty small school, so you see alot of the same people and everyone, from professors, staff, and other students, are extremely friendly and really care about you. I feel like everyone is pretty close and even new students, such as myself, are made to feel included. There are alot of activities and events that you can be a part of to grow closer.

If I could go back and talk to my high school self I would tell myself to really think about my major choice and put some really good thought into it. I have switched my major several times since I started college and it has made my process a little slower than others. Even if a professor says, "You only have to show up for class for tests", show up for every class! I was thrilled with the independence given to me upon the start of my first year at college. Stay organized and keep up with school work. It was much easier to turn in late work in high school because your teacher knew you on a more intimate level. In college a deadline is a deadline and that’s that! I would go back and tell myself to stay smart, keep a good head on my shoulders, and strive for the best. Doing well in college can only open doors and lead to a fulfilling adult life-with the job of my dreams. Above all-enjoy college for all it's worth, after all, these are supposed to be the best years of your life.

mariana

As the years pass by, we all tend to look back and want to change certain things. I am currently 24 years old. I graduated with a bachelor's in criminal justice in 2012. I was so excited, and just wanted to rush and graduate. I graduated with a low GPA not allowing me to really be considered for a Master's program. My fault was to rush and graduate without really focusing on my grades. If i could go back to high school, i would have stuck with my gut instincts and followed the harder academic path. Time is going to pass by anyways, no one should rush. I look back now being 24, and i wish i could have followed Forensic Sciences rather than Criminal Justice and took my time focusing on my grades. We all look back on our mistakes and think what if, but at the same time you learn from every experience. I now am trying to do a second bachelor's in what i originally wanted. It is never to late to fix your mistakes.

I graduated with a bachelors in criminal justice in 2012. I have been trying to find a local and non-local job in my field. I have not had the best of luck to strive in the potential that i know i have. I am going back to school in a related field as a second bachelor's; forensic science. I am highly considering South Wesleyan for it's academic programs. The worse thing i have yet to see from this school is that it is very small, does not exactly give you a college vibe.

A person who does not have there faith as there top priorities should not attend this school. This school is based on Cristian beliefs.

Keonna

Dear Keonna, Please know sometimes life isn't what you planned it to be. As you have learned in high school, people have the opportunity to either make or break their post-graduation plans. You chose to go to college and make something even better out of yourself; despite your circumstances. Please remember that you can't plan EVERYTHING. Yes, you may plan what you need to do (as a task leader), but you sometimes need to roll with the flow. For example, you wouldn't want to plan your first kiss...that's really awkward, huh? Just know things happen for a reason....and everything will turn out better than what you expect. On another note....stop being so stuck in your ways. Branch out! Meet new people, socialize, get into some fun trouble. Do something other than schoolwork. Trust me, you have a long time to work, but little time to play. Love yourself, love others, and teach others to do the same! If you don't treat your time wisely, you will miss out on opportunities you would never imagine. I love you!

I wish I would have known the price of the school. When I came, I was never told the full price of the school, only the areas I was cover for. Didn't realize until after I enrolled that I had to get extra loans to cover each year.

Sometimes I feel that minorities are seen as the black sheep. We don't get many events, nor invited to some. I was quite sad to see many students (and even facutly and staff) treat minorities a little differently. Pretty shocked for this to be a Christian school. Expected so much more.

The atmosphere is the best thing. Everyone is so kind and has up-lifting spirit. The Chirstian atmosphere is genuine and nice...

People who likes a smaller school. Someone who loves to help. And definitly people who aren't afraid show their love for Christ.

Angie

I would study more, focus more, pay attention! Instead of daydreaming and worrying about what others think or if I have a date for the weekend, I would pay attention to my teachers. I would thank my teachers for having patience and for trying their best to teach me something. College life is a lot harder....professors don't wait on you like high school teachers. If you're out, you better find the assignments you missed and get the work turned in. College life is different because it's your dime, not living life free as a bird like it is in high school.

I do not like the syllabus for the courses; the work assigned before the class starts and most students have no clue of what to do and then fall behind.

A focused student will do well at SWU. Goal oriented and works well with others in a group will thrive in this type of setting.

Anna

After leaving college in 1996 due to bipolar disorder, I am returning in 2011 to finish what I have started. I am gaining personal growth, insight and education for my goal of becoming an RN. It is valuable for me to attend because bipolar has been hard to live with and so continuing to strive for my goal gives me a feeling of self-worth, while hopefully giving me the education I need to once again become a contributing member of society. College gives me the opportunity to re-gain a social life by making new contacts (personal and professional) that will help in my current life and in future goals. This scholarship will help ensure that I can continue to attend college and have enough money to support myself and my family.

Antoine

My school is best known for its quality education with a christain perspective.

My school is best known for its quality education with a christain perspective.

Well you truly do have more freedom in college. I have done alot of growing up during my first semester in college. I value you the time I have spent in college so much because I have gotten to experience so much. Coming from a small town I did not realize that there was so much more to the world and I really value the new people I have been able to meet.

The worst thing about my school is that you can not live off campus unless your living with your parents or married. I feel that it should be your choice to live on campus or to to live off campus.

Southern Wesleyan University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.