Southern Wesleyan University Top Questions

Alexandra

That you don't always trust those you live with. They can have a big mouth and spread things that not to be said around them. I say this from a senior to be Point of View.

Alexandra

mariana

I graduated with a bachelors in criminal justice in 2012. I have been trying to find a local and non-local job in my field. I have not had the best of luck to strive in the potential that i know i have. I am going back to school in a related field as a second bachelor's; forensic science. I am highly considering South Wesleyan for it's academic programs. The worse thing i have yet to see from this school is that it is very small, does not exactly give you a college vibe.

Angie

I do not like the syllabus for the courses; the work assigned before the class starts and most students have no clue of what to do and then fall behind.

Antoine

The worst thing about my school is that you can not live off campus unless your living with your parents or married. I feel that it should be your choice to live on campus or to to live off campus.

Amber

The worst thing about my school for me is the location. Not many students live in the rural area of Central and a significant percentage of students commute. The average driving time for commuters is 30-60 minutes. Another negative in my opinion (although many students disagree) is the quality of the website. Not only is the site difficult to navigate and often down, many assignments are only accessible from the site and the additional worry of checking for assignments given out of class is unnecessary.

For someone who is not of the Wesleyan religion, like me, the required Chapels aren't that exciting. We are required to attend at least 24 of the 48 chapels that are offered each semester. For the most part, they sing a few songs (which if song by the Difference band are pretty good) and then have a speaker, usually a faculty member or the pastor. This tends to be nap time for more than a few students.

the strict rules

Justin

The worst part about Southern Wesleyan University is the inflexability of options in choosing which courses to take each semester. Because SWU only has a small number of professors, especially in the Religion Division, certain courses are only offered at certain times. Professors are very helpful and accomodating to seniors who are in danger of not graduating on time because of this, but as a freshman I was completely in the dark when trying to plan out my future college career. It was very difficult for me to even get any advance planning done at all.

Nikki

The worst thing about my school is that it does not have a football team. Other than that, no complaints!

megan

because it's a small campus, there really isn't any privacy. every one is usually in someone elses busyness

Steven

We are a Christian school and thats great. My distaste comes when we have athletes who were lewered into our school with scholarships who along with others who are here for financial reasons and they don't feel the same way tha Christians do. I feel that our school pushes Christianity on to those people without caring if it is how they want to be treated.