Southwest Baptist University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Southwest Baptist University

Savannah

I absolutely love it! The Christian element encourages me so much and the people and professor are amazing! The professor will always be there for you and encourage you to keep going. Since the class are smaller then they have more time for individuals. The atmosphere is wonderful!

Jerry

Southwest Baptist University a great school to be at. The teachers care about what we want to be, they are always making sure we do what needed to be done. As an athlete, I was treated with the same value as every student. some classes weren't where I would want to be but the teachers find a way to keep the courses interesting. I won't say I enjoy every day at the because that would be a lie. but I enjoyed the effort of my teachers and counselors which help me graduate. The class size is great and the teachers interact with us.

Pamela

Southwest Baptist University is a Christ-centered university, with many opportunities and people that can deepen your knowledge and relationship with Christ. It is also has many degrees for almost any profession and multiple professors to help with your success. I highly recommend SBU!

Makenzie

SBU has a Christ-centered environment and there are always people to talk to. The professors want you to succeed and they are always there to help. It is an atmosphere that is great for focusing and learning. My first year of college has been amazing here.

Kaitlyn

Southwest Baptist University is such a wonderful school and campus. Every Faculty member utterly cares about the success and well being of each student and tat is not an exaggeration! I have yet to find another university that carries the same type of genuine benevolence!

tommy

it sound like i would be going there

James

Terrible. Bad management. Spiritually drowning. No gain out of it, besides a couple of friends. Most of the people transfer out after a year. I went in with a full scholarship and somehow came out and they told me that I owed 2,000 and wouldn't transfer over my transcript. Just an overall bad experience and not only for me, but for my family, and for people that I went there with.

Moriah

Southwest Baptist University is an academically inclined college. The staff is always around to help and answer any questions, and the students are very friendly. My application was a quick process, and my admissions counselor is always here to answer my questions. It might look like an expensive college, but after you fill out scholarships it is affordable. I would recommend this college to anyone.

Briana

I think Southwest Baptist University is a great school that allows students to have a great education and a Christ- like environment. It is a little expensive, but they do offer some financial aid. There are a lot of opportunities outside of the classroom to meet new people.

Haley

Southwest Baptist is a very close-knit community that watches out for each other. I have gone here for one semester and have made so many friendships already! The professors are very helpful and care about how their students are doing. The smaller class sizes are beneficial as well.

Ashlyn

I think SBU has potential, but they seem to care more about keeping people on campus, with excessive hoops to jump through to get off, than making sure students are healthy in their living situation. They seem to go for cheap over quality on housing and food accommodations. They also don't seem to care that the food quality is horrible and that the students seem to be begging for another provider. Other than that, the education is great and most professors are available to help in most situations. The professors really do care about students' success. It's mainly some of the administration that may need to be changed out. What they sell on the tours isn't all that it seems.

Katelyn

The academia and environment of Southwest Baptist University is outstanding. The professors are always there to make sure students are well-informed and challenged. They will even help with life advice or financial aid help. The special programs like Theatre and Speech and Debate are excellent. I know that the Speech and Debate team are currently ranked 5th in the nation based on last years tournament. The tennis team is by far my favorite sport to watch on campus and it located right next to all of the academia buildings. I would recommend this school to any future student looking for a safe but fun campus. There are many fun and encouraging events on campus like movie nights, craft nights, grocery bingo, and more. I highly recommend this University as a school that will challenge you and positively impact you.

Mikayla

SBU is a great school for students seeking a Christ-centered education and community. SBU's staff are caring and want their students to succeed. The class sizes are small, so students and Professors can interact on a more intimate level versus a huge lecture hall of hundreds of students that big public universities have. SBU is a great school, and I am glad I chose to attend this university.

Kayti

I love the small class sizes and the abilities we have to grow as individuals while still growing in our faith. This school has taught me that you can have your own opinions but still be part of a religious community. I have learned so much academically as well. The professors are all very helpful and easily accessible

Faith

It is a very wonderful and welcoming campus. I felt very at home and like I could get help anytime I needed. Everyone has been very helpful and I haven’t felt lost once. They try to make sure that everyone is involved in something and that no matter what you want to do there’s a place for you on campus.

Zikia

Southwest Baptist has allowed me to meet a large amount of God-fearing people and enabled me to grow in my faith. SBU was not my dream school and due to other factors, I went and fell in love with it. I came in with a lot of stereotypes about going to a Christian university, but they knocked down all the barriers and I love the environment and the staff is helpful at any time.

Iosif

I think it is a healthy environment for students to grow and learn.