Marshall, MN
Southwest Minnesota State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwest Minnesota State University

Cassandra

This is the 3rd college that I have attended and I wish if I could go back and do it all over again I would just go to this one. I like my professors in my major and minor fields. The professors make you want to learn and acheive more for yourself.

I would tell those students and partents that if the high school that you are at allows to you take some classes while in high school do it. I wish I would have done that. I think I would have learned faster what I wanted to do with my education. I love where I am at now and wish I would have known that back then. The right school is different for everyone. You need to look at what you want out of your education and what are your priorities in your own education. It's never too late to go to school.

Andrea

People like to drink alot at our school, theres not a whole lot to do here, so students have to make their own fun... sports are a big part of the school and people kind of come together at these events which are the major things that go on.

my classmates are really fun and nice.

choose the one that feels right. Staying close to home isn't a bad thing.

My class mates are very eger to learn.

My class mates are very eger to learn.

I think that when looking for a college you need to be more interseted in what the university can do for you, in what type of programs they offer. You should also have an idea of what you want to do with your life. When selecting a university you need to rememeber when you live away from your friends and family you will find yourself. You also need to find the campus where you find yourself comfortable; that also makes you happy. Do not make decide on a university just because your friends are attending that school!

Any person can fit in at this school, there are many different groups.

Chelsie

Find a school that has a strong graduation rate in the field of your students choice, and to also find a school that has a lower cost then most other schools, and to see if it is small or has a small inclass student count. Stop by and look at the school if there are students outside look at their face, if they seem happy and the campus looks quiet and peaceful then that is a good choice for a college for you student to consider or attend.

There is nothing that I find wrong about the school, it is a very well established school.

There is nothing that I drag about my school, it is a very funny school to go to and I love to go back every year to see my friends and my favorite teachers again.

Karrie

Friendly, mostly conservative, country people for the most part. Many people who go to school here grew up in this area.

Really put yourself out there. Be who you are and don't be afraid of what other people think. You'll make the most amount of friends who you actually enjoy by doing this. Don't be too picky either. If you find a school you think you like and you can make it work, jump in with both feet.

How cold it gets here and how there's no good parking spots.

Jesse

I consider the best thing for me is the lack of partying and such. It may be pretty lame, but if there was a ton of parties, I'd be attending them rather than class.

The worst part is the conservative nature of most people here.

Amy

A once in a lifetime learning opportunity, where you are part of a community where professors, and other students care about you and everyone helps each other.

Research lots of colleges and go on plenty of college visits to find the college that is the perfict fit for the student. Talk with students while visiting the campus not just the students on the tours, talk with random students about how they like the college. Once you find the right college for the student encourage them to have a well balanced experience while in college. A well balanced experience would include academics, studing, socializing, and participating in activities. It is important to have a well balanced experience, because college is not just about the education you receive. It is also about the ecperience you have while atending the college, and the friendships and bonds you create there.

How great of an experience it would be, and how involved the professors are in your education.

Shannon

I would tell all students to choose the college that feels like home. I was from a small school in a farming region. Going to school in the cities was never an option because it just wouldn't have felt right. Once you find the right school, get involved. Go to the sporting events. Get involved in your dorm when you live on campus. Join a club in your area of study so that you can learn more and make connections. Ask for help when you need it. Don't be afraid of your professors. They can be a lot of fun. Have a good time! Go out of your comfort zone. Take risks. Don't stress about everything. LIfe will go on. Good luck!!

Anyone who wants a good education for a decent price.

Jamie

You should visit the college and really think about what you are looking for in a school such as academics, extracurricular activities, career placement, and what the area offers for you.

Someone that would like a small school with small town attitude with friendly atmosphere.

I talk about the Southwest Marketing Advisory Center because it allows students to work part time while in school gaining real world marketing research experience.

Southwest Minnesota State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.