Southwest Mississippi Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Southwest Mississippi Community College

SMCC is actually a really good two-year college for those who aren't quitre ready to go off to a four year university just yet. The teachers are great and are always available, sports are a big deal, the campus is gorgeous and the dorms are pretty nice.

Neshun

It is truly the greatest community college in Mississippi. I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on the Southwest Mississippi Community College experience. This is not just my word. Southwest is actually ranked as the number on community college in Mississippi.

A'riyah

Southwest is the place to be ! It is very welcoming , great teachers and staffs, and most importantly a friendly surrounding

Desiree

My overall opinion of Southwest Mississippi Community College is one I love to share with others. When I first came to college here, I didn't expect to like it as much as I have grown to enjoy my campus life. I stay in the dorms, which is convenient for class, eatting, and when events take place. The teachers truly care for the students and help in any way possible for academic success. Southwest Mississippi Community College is a great college to get basic foundation for any major.

Keionia

My overall opinion of Southwest Mississippi Community College is that it is a great step to furthering your education. When you leave high school, you will see so many University, but I think you should start off small at a Community College. Southwest will help you so much you will be ready for any University you choose/

Raynold

I am enjoying it! I am an active member of the BSU, and a member of the baseball team, so I stay busy. Great environment! The faculty has been supportive, and wants the best for their students. The campus is really nice and clean. I am glad I chose Southwest to further my education.

Alana

Overall, SMCC is a good college to attend. There are not as many opportunities as far as internships and clubs since it is a small junior college, but the professors are considerate and willing to help you with anything you ask of them. There are great people here, and they care about the safety of the students. There are geese and duck on the campus, but they won’t hurt you. I enjoyed my time there and I feel amply prepared for life in the real world as well as university life.

Creshona

It is a great school ! It’s very people friendly and there is always something to do . I feel at home when I come on campus because I know that my teachers are here to guide me , I have wonderful friends beside me , and the learning experience is wonderful!

Madison

It's a decent school. There isn't much extracurricular activities other than sports and a few groups such as Tri-Beta, our biology club. The facilities are pretty nice for the most part. There is a cafeteria and a grill. The cafeteria is decent, but the grill is really good. For the most part, the professors work with you really well. It is a family environment here. The campus is quite beautiful for a junior college. There's a pretty lake with bridges crossing it. It's a great view when you are walking to class. The president and the athletic director are super nice. It does have its downfall with very few extracurriculars and not very many places to go outside or on campus though.

Sheddreune

I absolutely love Southwest Mississippi Community College. The teachers are great and they know what they are doing. They actually care about the students. I would recommend Southwest to many others. Southwest has so much to offer. You would love it!