Memphis, TN
Southwest Tennessee Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwest Tennessee Community College

Tenekia

My school is the perfect oppurtunity to transition into a different, better person.

My school is the perfect opportunity to transition from good to excellent.

If I could go back in time as a high school senior to talk to myself I would definitely tell myself to stay patient. The college life can sometimes seem overwhelming and cracking under pressure is so terribly easy. Honestly, patience is the best advice to a new college student. This is the advice that I have followed since graduating from high school.

Regina

My school is best known for there great faculty and teacher who take the time to help their fellow students . And we also known for their basketball team and food.

If I could go back in time during my high school years and know what I know about being a college student and making the transition as apart of my life . I would tell myself to stay focus ,work harder ,study more, and put my schooling first and my friends second .

I can't really say who shouldn't attend this school , everyone should attend school once out of their lives. It help them become more then they are now. But if I have to choose a kind of person to not attend this school is people who are just coming to collect their money and don't return to school at all.

Devin

It is unique because of its many campuses it has. SOuthwest has many of campuses all over Tennessee which makes it possible for anyone to pursue a career in something.

The first thing I would tell myself is to be perpared for anything. College is a big surprise and if you don't com ready you will not make it. Another thing i would tell myself is to make sure your grades are up to par even your ACT or SAT. I'm taking a few developmental classes becasue of my ACT, if I had somebody to tell me that the ACT would b a big part of your class choices or what class you will be put in then i would of kept taking it until I did better. So i will tell myself not to just do enough to get by but do your best in each and everything you do.

I think it's the small class size. The reason i say that is becasue i can walk in class and sit down and actually learn somehing. Some teachers have to many students and when you have to many students in the class it tends to be alot of distractions. So the small class sizes are a big plus.

krystle

They often tell you that one day you will miss the days of being in high school, as for me, I never thought that day would be possible. I am from a small town, a town with only one blinking light and everyone knows everything about you. I was determined to to get out of that place and make something of myself. I was always the girl who played sports and made great grades until my junior year in high school. I started to live a little, you know the time that children become rebellious to their parents? Listen to them! Even though they seem as they are bossing you around, they are usually right. They only want what is best for you to succeed in everything that your future holds. The advice I would have to give to myself as a senior in high school, after being in college is; listen to your parents when all they want to do is help, study hard, always strive for you goals, don't get caught up in the "crowd" ( it will bite you in the butt), and don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't do something!

Robert

My campus isn't much different from high school, but your bound to meet either someone from your previous high school or somebody you can relate with for the time bieng.

My classmates are wonderful, they can keep you entertained the whole time your there,but when its time to get serious they rise to the ocassion as well.

I would tell myself to get more serious with school, its not as easy as you think it'll be. You have to plan now if you want to get somewhere tommorow. If you want to have fun in collegee, you have to have the grades to make it happen. Making below average, average, and above avearage every now and then won't get you into a university.

Lacei

Some people are hard workers who want to learn and earn a degree to retrieve a great career for themselves while others are there only to have fun.

If I could go back to high school and talk to myself I would give myself the motivation to make better grades and get a higher gpa. I would tell myself to focus more on my studies instead of playing and having fun even though high school is fun but to be able to multi task and put school first and leisure later. I would tell myself to talk with my teachers more and have a good understanding of the curriculum and to earn knowledge because I want to but because I have to, to be able to earn a degree and have a high paying career not a job for the time being. I would give myself the advice and motivation I needed to hear about how hard college really is not how fun it should be.

A person that wants to have and are not serious about earning a degree or getting a great career anytime soon should not attend this school.

Courtney

Southwest TN Community College is known for getting the same university learning at a lower cost. My best friend and I are both full-time college students. She goes to University of Memphis. Everyday she complains how she really doesnt know her profressors, and the rate of tution.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that I should have listen to my guidance counselor. My guidance counselor, Mrs. Baker, was always there to help. She always told us since junior year to apply early to schools, look for scholarships, and get all of your recommendation letters. I chose to things on my time, and constantly put things off. When it got towards the deadline for schools I freaked out and panic. I had no other choice but to enroll in Southwest because of my laziness. Guidance counselors have a purpose in schools; it?s just we as seniors should take advantage of them.

Even though I go to a community college, I am happy that I started out at Southwest TN Community College. Honestly I think community colleges are the best way to start out . Most people look down at the fact of going to a community college. The transition from high school to college can be difficult. At some colleges students are just a number, I actually got to know my profressors. My classes had a min of 25 and a max of 30.

Brittany: Don't lose your focus! You have it made with scholarships at a four year university; don't let your social life destroy that. Plan your classes, see an advisor, don't let Chemistry defeat you, and have fun! Get more involved with school events. Build study groups and make more friends. Get as much out of college as you can.

The worst thing about school is having to come up with the money to pay for it. Many students have to balance school with a job and it takes away from your studies.

It is close by and I take all night classes so no early mornings.

Mercedes

Whats uniques about my school is that there are less students than an regular university. All of the teachers know our names because they don't have a lot of students. Everyone makes friends easliy because the school student population is small.

I would tell myself to be more focus in class and pay attention. I would also tell myself that high school is not a joke and that you're college life depends on your high school year. Then I would tell myself that the money I spent on worthless things could be saved for college tuition. I would also tell myself that you need to study more and do more active in school. If I would have told myself this I would have been an better college freshman.

The one thing I wish I would have known is that colllege is not like high school. When I was in high school I thought that all you had to do to pass is do your homework. Not in college you dont. College you have to study more and keep up your grades.

Darius

Southwest Tennessee Community College is a open campus where students ,young or old, can get their certificate and their associate's degree and can get help from their teachers, individually, on things they don't know or understand.

My classmates are attentive listeners, who getbtheir woork done, ask the teacher about anything they don't understand and help other students with no grudges.

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself in high school, I would tell myself to finish all of my work and to turn it in because it will count in the future. I would also tell myself to be around people who can motivate me to get involved in any type of after school activities and not those who does not care about school. When I doing schoolwork, don't just settle for average. Aim high. Don't worry about other people and what they can do and worry about myself . Also, pay attention to the teacher, the examples and the instruction he or she gives, and ask questions on things I don't understand. If I told myself that, I believe that I would be a much better person than I am now.

Southwest Tennessee Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.