Memphis, TN
Southwest Tennessee Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwest Tennessee Community College

Marlissa

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself get ready because college life is no joke.Its not going to be easy like high school . Apply for as many scholarships and finacial assistance as possible because college is expensive even two year colleges.There wil be lots of studying. You will have to put your weekend partying aside to focus on studying if you want to make good grades. Working and going to school you will have to learn how to manage your time and budget your money. There will be no staying up late. You will need to get plenty of rest to be able to stay up in those long classes. You will not be able to focus if you don't eat breakfast, you will feel drained and sluggish in those early mourning classes. Don't put assingments off to the last minute because more than likely you will make a bad grade. Prepare everything you need the night before so you will be on time for your classes in the mourning because tardies lead to absences and absences to failure.

The best thing about my school is that it offers the same education as a four year college. The instructors main cncern is their students and they take time out to help you when you need it. The class room sizes are small so there is alot of one on one time with your instructor. There is more than one campus and they are convieant to whichever part you live a around the city.

A person that shouldnt attend Southwest Tn Community College is a person that dosen't want to better themselves. A person thats not lookng for a better future should not attend STCC. This school is a two year community with instructors that want to help you prepare for a better future. A person that dosen't want help should'nt attend STCC. A person that dosen't have dreams should'nt attend STCC.

James

My school is best known for university quality of education for a community college price. Southwest Tennessee is one of the two colleges (Mid-South Community College being the other) that still offer a 2 year nursing program. The quality of my courses and my teachers knowledge is outstanding compared to my associates who go to University of Memphis and University of Tennessee - Memphis, both being 4 year programs only.

I would give myself the advice to cease every opportunity to learn everything I could. I made the mistake of only learning what was needed or required for my studies. Also I would tell myself to start taking pre-nursing courses so I could have been better prepared for what was my ultimate career choice. However, I am very happy with how things were to ultimately unravel. I found out a career that I know I will love based on experience working with healthcare professionals of the sort. While also finding out that the family tradition of Engineering and Mathematics degree programs were not a plausible option for me to take with my life. I wanted to be happy with my career not miserable, and going through college course work with my previous universities helped me achieve the knowledge needed to make a change for the better.

The type of person that should attend this school should be dedicated to succeed and be ready for a challenge in every academic aspect of their lives. The professors here are very well rounded in their knowledge about their subjects. My college is a great choice for anyone looking to save a few bucks on tuition but still receive the outstanding quality of education a university may offer.

LaDonna

It is quality higher educations at an affordable price.

It is quality higher educations at an affordable price.

"If it is to be, it is up to me." You can not rely on anyone to support you but yourself. In order to reap a harverst you must first sow some seeds. In other words to prosper in life you have to educate yourself. In these times it is hard to obtain a job with little or no education. Like the owner of Federal Express Fred Smith moto says, "Do right things right the first time."

The professors are accessible, caring and knowledgeable.

Joshua

i would tell myself that college is nothing like high school it is a lot easier than people make it out to be. as long as you go to class and do the work assigned passing is a slam dunk. also, studying is a very crucial part of the whole equatin. if you dont take the time to study you are just making it harder on yourself. with that said if you just do the work assigned the studying is that much easier.

the best thing about this school is th small classroom size. the teachers dont have as many students so they get to do more indvidual help than do larger size classrooms.

how personable and helpful the teachers and staff are. the student advisors are top notch

Natalie

Southwest has a lot of amazing instructors that are truly there to help you. They do not just say that they are.

If I could go back to high school knowing what I know now, I definitely would have applied myself more in high school and from there on out. It it not as easy as I thought it was going to be.

Any person who is not willing to do the work and take the time for assignments.

Southwest Tennessee Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.