Southwest Virginia Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Southwest Virginia Community College

BREANNA

It was a pretty campus and the staff were all very helpful. The current students seemed happy.

Dakota

I have not been attending this collage for too long, but so far I really enjoy it. All of the professors I've had have been extremely nice and very helpful. There are campus police that always help me feel safe. They offer an abundance of things to study and have a large library. I would definitely recommend Southwest Virginia Community College to someone looking for a collage to attend.

Daisy

It's a nice college and it looks beautiful on the outside. The inside could use some fixing though. The teachers and students are mostly nice. The classes are small or moderate sized. There is a lot of online classes available which is awesome! The Testing Center for proctored tests/exams is just awkward and most students prefer the Library over it (no longer allowed). The Library has a great view of the mountains, trees, and nature. Wildlife comes on campus a lot which is nice. Some of the teachers pick favorites and are rude to students. Things tend to get mixed up at this college (especially in Financial Aid) and then papers get lost, people get confused, etc. Some of the counselors are awesome and listen to you and sign you up for awesome classes that fit your schedule (Jacob Richardson and Brandon Hensley). Some of the counselors are really snobby and I do not prefer them. I felt lost and like another number or source of income....so I am transferring.

Madeline

Overall, SWCC is a fairly good college. The courses in the engineering program meet Virginia Tech's rigorous transfer standards, and they have been accepted as transfer credits at various other engineering institutions around the country. The location is beautiful but it is a fair drive for most students.

hailie

My overall opinion of southwest Virginia community college is, the school is a good starter college for kids wanting to further their education. It is a good two year school with a majority of the programs offered that kids are interested in now a days. I would recommend this school to kids around me, the staff is nice and very welcoming.

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!