Keene, TX
Southwestern Adventist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern Adventist University

Isaí

I would tell myself that I woud really have to work hard at it and to never give up because it would be fun. It will be a lot of hard work but you'll enjoy it. Make sure to get enough sleep every night and read your textbook. Don't let yourself get distracted and always apply yourself. If you don't understand something make sure you learn it. Don't ever procrastinate because it won't help you in any way. Make sure to always keep your priorities straight. Have fun!

People that are not interested in their academic studies and are not willing to put in their part to get good grades and do well in their classes should not come to this school.

I brag about the awesome people, size of campus, friendliness, great faculty, academics, and spiritual life at my school.

Alyssa

I wish I would have known a little more about the expenses that I needed. Southwestern is a somewhat more expensive than that of an unprivate college or a community college. On top of the expensiveness of the college I have living expenses as well. There are many other things that I wished I had known before I wen however, the expenses were my biggest problem.

If I had the chance to go back in time what I would tell my senior self is to expect the unexpected and prepare to study hard. As a senior in high school I really didn’t know exactly what to expect. Then once there everything I didn’t know to expect sort of toppled me once I got there. I had never been fully responsible for my expenses until I was on my own in college. That was a set back somewhat but I managed to learn quickly on how to manage myself and make due. Something else I wasn’t expecting was how much more studying I had to do. After senior year I really wasn’t too accustomed to having to make time to study and when I went to college I had to make time because of my slipping grades.

Southwestern Adventist University has a limited amount of courses that they offer because of the school's smallness they can't offer that many courses. for example, In all the languages they offer is 3: Spanish, Greek, and Hebrew nothing else. They also have limited majors that they offer for the students.

Leticia

If I can go back in time when I was a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life. I would have told myself not to be intimated or scared of going away for college. I also would have told myself to aspire for greatness and success. When I was a high school senior, I would have told myself that 4 years is not a long time and that time will fly by. I would also have told myself that looking into a 2 year career is a waste of time because I will end up changing my major anyhow. I would have told myself that determination and perseverance will always get you far.. I would have also told myself that people would try to influence you to do things like partying, drinking, and smoking. Therefore; always think twice before taking part anything you would regret in the long run. Most of all I would tell myself, to love myself first before loving someone else. Lastly, I would have told myself that the memories from College would last a lifetime so make the best of it.

Anyone can attend this school. The school is very diverse. There are students from every country you can think of. This is one of the reasons I really like attending here I come in contact with different cultures. Also if you enjoy a Christian Campus this would be the school to attend.

The most frustrating thing would be the lack of availabilty of classes. They are very limited therefore; there tends to be class conflicts quite often.

Erika

The classmates here at Southwestern Adventist University are very friendly, culturally diverse, and most people are very spiritual with the religious views of Seventh-Day Adventism.

What is unique about Southwestern Adventist University is that it's a private Adventist University and very calm compared to many other universities.

As I have grown older and wiser with more experience, I would tell myself to work before play. I would have applied to different universities instead of just one. I would have also told myself to look more into financial aid, since becoming a nurse practitioner takes money and time. But other than that, I have done very well in high school my senior year, considering I took twenty-one credit hours of community college while still going to high school.

Amber

If i could go back in time and talk to myself in high school i would say, "Start looking for scholarships now." Scholarships are very important for me right now. My parents dont pay for my college expenses so its my responsibility to pay for my education. i wish i would have realized how much time is wasted with working. I would say, "try harder. Look ahead. Life won't always be as easy as high school."

The best thing about SWAU is the friendly environment. everyone here is friendly and ready to help you or just talk to and hangout with you. the professors are easy to talk to when ever you need them.

the worst thing about my school is the limited classes. i wish there were more choices of class that i can take, for instance in history.

Michelle

I school is best know for their unlimited buffet lunch meals and for our fun saturday night activities.

Pay attention in English classes. Learn how to make good writen essays, you will be doing a lot of essays in college. Also learn how to study, because in college you will have to teach yourself about the subject. Remember that you are going to college to graduate, so try not to be pulled into the strong current of parting and not going to class.

Anyone that is willing to work hard for their grade and wants to be in a small close student community is the kind of person that should attend this school.

Chinyere

Southwestern is know for its amazing music program, and extremely friendly campus. People tend to say that SWAU is the most friendly Adventist University campus out there.

My advice to parents is to make sure your taxes are filed on time so that your child can do their FAFSA on time. This is very important because if money is an issue for you, having the FAFSA results early can help you determine what else needs to be done so that you will be able to provide for your child's education. My advice to students would be to have an idea about what you want study so that you don't get the run around from administration concerning classes. Also, be active and do not depend on your parents for everything because once classes start its all you from there on. NEVER PROCRASTINATE! Think about the consequences of your actions before you do anything, and if you're planning to do something you know is wrong, make sure you are able to face the consequences. You are an adult now, and that is how you will be treated. With these few words of wisdom, both parents and students will be well on their way to enjoying the college experience. GOOD LUCK! :)

Southwestern is a nice campus with many friendly people. It has a great music program which I most certainly love, and there are many things to be involved with. I'm already in the education program and i'm scheduled to graduate on time. The professors are very helpful in letting me know what i need to do to succeed in my field of choice.

Zabdi

My school is small and conservative, it is quite strict and at time kind of boring.

I would tell them to visit every college and look over the likes and dislikes of every college. i would advise the parents to let the final decision to the student and to always support the student no matter what. I would advise the student to go to the college that will help them more in their future career.

a student that is very religeous and conservative. a student that prefers a smaller school. a student that likes the country.

Jair

I would say to make sure you visit the campus first before you actually attend and make sure you talk to your potential future professors about the major you are thinking of choosing.

The student center because it's basically nothing.

A person who is searching for purpose and wanting to work for God in their field of choice.

Lindsay

My new found world that prepares me for life.

My new found world that prepares me for life.

In general, finding the right college is like a lot of things in life. You can find what you're looking for, and you will. For example, if I went to any college looking for parties, I could find them. If I looked at any college for friends, I'd find them. One must decide what they want out of a college before they begin. Attitude is almost everything. When you start college, assume to spend all of your time studying, then when you have extra time it's especially exciting. Set boundaries for yourself and seek balance. Do your best in all you so you can be proud for all your hard work.

Since this is an Adventist university, we hold Christian values. Students should remember that they will receive a Christian education and that is an integral part of the curriculum. Students that are strongly opposed to Christian values may disagree with some rules that are required. In general though, SWAU is recommended to any student looking for a quality Christian education.

Southwestern Adventist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.