Southwestern Adventist University

« See more reviews of Southwestern Adventist University

If i could go back in time and talk to myself in high school i would say, "Start looking for scholarships now." Scholarships are very important for me right now. My parents dont pay for my college expenses so its my responsibility to pay for my education. i wish i would have realized how much time is wasted with working. I would say, "try harder. Look ahead. Life won't always be as easy as high school."

Pay attention in English classes. Learn how to make good writen essays, you will be doing a lot of essays in college. Also learn how to study, because in college you will have to teach yourself about the subject. Remember that you are going to college to graduate, so try not to be pulled into the strong current of parting and not going to class.

Really look for what you want. Don't go to a univeristy just based on one thing. There are many factors that influence how you will perform, so take them all into consideration. Also, the size of a university makes a big difference in the type of social life you plan on having so take that into consideration also.

I would tell them to visit every college and look over the likes and dislikes of every college. i would advise the parents to let the final decision to the student and to always support the student no matter what. I would advise the student to go to the college that will help them more in their future career.

It all comes down to where you enjoy yourself while you learn new things. And that means that there are almost certainly multiple good options, So don't sweat the decision - if you hate it, you can transfer, if you find a better oppurtunity later, you can take it.

As a high school I always was looking forward to collage, but one advice I would give myself is do not stress, find your priorities and do not say yes to everything, you will find yourself with no time. Collage is great if you know how to mange.

I would say to make sure you visit the campus first before you actually attend and make sure you talk to your potential future professors about the major you are thinking of choosing.