Waxahachie, TX
Southwestern Assemblies of God University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern Assemblies of God University

Southwestern Assemblies of God University, Un-Godly

Southwestern Assemblies of God University, Un-Godly

This school was a disappointment. Although God is in the school name, the majority of the students there are not Godly. The students their look down on others, gossip, and spread rumors. Attending SAGU for one year opened my eyes to see how the AG community operates. The roommate I had, I thought was my good friend. She was supposed to send me my dorm things after I let her know I could not return. We had an agreement that I would send her money so she could ship me my things, but like many of the females, once they get into a relationship, their boyfriend is their only priority. Students are able to go on mission trips, but it is interesting to see that many of the students will go out of their way to go to undeveloped countries to spread the Gospel, but will ignore a fellow classmate based on the way they look. There is only a few students you can trust, and even then, you always have to watch your back. I felt that the people I considered friends were not genuine at all. As someone who has attended a Christian school for 7 years, starting college here was a mistake. This university is not worth the money. If you are looking for a Christian University, do no apply to SAGU. (Don't think that by attending a Christian University your relationship with God will be made stronger - not saying that it won't - but your relationship with God starts with you. You don't need a building, all you need is your Bible, a pen, paper, and some alone time)

Lacy

This is a smaller university so you get a lot of individualized attention. Even though it is small it offers several degree plans and is still expanding. Very good media department with up to date equipment to learn with. You will get a strong religious education while getting your degree. They want you to succeed.

Knowing what I know now, after spending two and a half years in college, I would like to tell my former high school senior self to learn to study. College is not the same as high school. You do not always have someone reminding you to turn something in or make sure you get this done. Procrastination does not always work out so well when you have a big load. In the past few years of college, I have learned to rely on myself to plan on when to study and when assignments are due. I am working full time to pay for college so time management is extremely important. I would also tell myself to save as much money as possible for college. College is not free and in fact can be rather expensive. Apply for as many scholarships as possible. Even the small amounts add up and it's free money. Taking your basic classes at a junior college or community college can save you thousands of dollars before you transfer to a university. The last thing I would add is, stay focused on your education. Because it is not free, don't waste it!

Start applying for scholarships early and often. There are scholarships available from elementary on. A lot of small scholarships add up too.

Noemi

Southwestern Assemblies of God University(SAGU) is a friendly, church based, goal oriented, and great school. The professors care so much for their students and want the best education for us. Students at this campus are generally all friendly and open to one another. I love this school.

College is fun but it takes more than just showing up to class. You have to be goal oriented and manage your time wisely. Interact with different students and be friendly. Take each course serioulsy and don't ditch! Get close to your professors. Be in school activities and find yourself study partners. College comes with responsabilities.

We don't have our won football or soccer stadium.

Daniella

I am not sure that is the right word. There are students from all ways of life at SAGU. We have had students from all over the world attend SAGU. There are rich and poor students.

I would say that SMA (The mission's department) plays a big role at SAGU. They have different branches that all connect to the head office. The jazz band, choir, and chorale are all pretty popular. As a school, they do try and have plenty of activities for the students.

The students on campus are like every day people. We have great individuals that are very musically educated! Our sports teams are not too bad. This is a place that you can make friends that will last you a life time!

We have bachelor degrees and masters. Most of our professors have a masters or doctors degree. They all try and take the time to work with students one-on-one. They have many degrees, but at the same time they don't have some of the more common degrees, such as, nursing. It's a full credited school.

Aalaya

If you're looking for a school that will feed your mind, heart and spirit, SAGU is the place for you! Academically, I believe that the course load and overall rigor of the school could be greater, but the abundance in spiritual intensity makes the costly and simple courses worth it all.

The stereotype is pretty common: If you're not here for a church-related degree, then you are either here for business or athletics. To some degree, the stereotype is accurate, but not entirely.

The rigor of the curriculum here at Southwestern could definitely use a little boost. I like a challenge, and I think that the courses would be a lot harder if the teachers were no so helpful and engaging with their classes. Because of the small student body population, the teachers have great office hours and are usually available to help whenever needed.

Kelsie

Always be careful of who you associate yourself with. Before people know you they will make assumptions about you, it may not be right but it is going to happen so by careful. The people that you meet in college are going to most likely be with you for a lifetime especially the ones that are going into the same line of business as you, do not make enemies. These people could show up later on in life and if you made enemies with them back in college then it will still stick with you in your forties. Make sure not to associate with the ones who everyone knows is bad news, these people are not meant to be in your life anyways. If those relationships are not helping you then there is no reason to keep it going. That may seem harsh and you do not want to make enemies but you also have to realize that this is the real world now. These are not petty high school relationships but they are life time relationships, choose them wisely.

I wish I would have known about those sports players or people in general that were not going to be serious about their relationship with God. Also, another big thing that I wish I knew about was that people always take something small and blow it out of portion. I have lost relationships and friendships because they take something small like having a meal together and ask you if you are getting married. I would have been more careful if I had known.

This school is a christian university and only people that are christians are suppose to be accepted but that is not always the case. Especially sports players fall under that category. The school sometimes sells out for the sports players and accept them into the school and give them scholarships because sports bring in the money, those scholarships should be going to the students that are actually serious about coming here.

I would tell myself to just do it and stay focused. There are so many distractions and it is easy to let them pull you away from the primary goal. I would tell myself that fear has no place in my life and I would remingd myself that God has a plan for my life.

It is a Christian school that offered my desired degree on line

Because I was an on line student I don't feel that the professors were as invested in me as they were to the on campus students

Robert

If I could go back in time and give myself advice about college life, I would definitly tell myself "Work harder in school. Pay more attention to your studies and your academic goals. Once you leave high school, all of your friends are not going to be as important. They will not be there to support you or to push you to greater things. Focus on preparing yourself for college, and nothing else. Study hard, and improve your grades. Apply for scholarships and grants to pay for school, because it will not be cheap. Give your goals 110%! You can do it, I know you can. There will be oppositions and it will not be as easy as it sounds, but if you do that, it will definitly be worth it later on down the road. Make your parents proud that you're achieving what they were not about to do. But above all, push towards your goals and dreams, and don't let anyone get in the way of your reaching them!"

I wish I would have know how much financial help I was going to need to pay for school.

I personally believe that one of the worst things about my school is the cost for education. The tuition per semester is a bit high.

Nicolas

Enthusiastic and vibrant. Granted you will get those few kids that just hate school and everything about it, but on a general perspective, every one loves it. Everyone is friendly, caring, and always willing to help one another.

Be more motivated scholastically. Sports are something that won't last forever. The scholarships that are available to you with your academics will help you immensly. Carry that motivation on through your time in college, because if you can do that, the transition then to the real world will be much easier, having that discipline in place. Otherwise, you have to find that discipline, rekindle that fire to drive you through. When you get to college, befreind the kid across the hall as soon as you can. Otherwise, you'll spend the first few months alone and miserable, only to eventually find out that this kid is the greatest friend you'll ever have, and two years later is your roommate. Save yourself the two month trouble, and get right to it. Lastly, the dreaded freshman 15. Don't eat the banana puding ice cream everyday. Yea it is good, but you'll have to put in a lot of effort to get back into shape. Convince the kid to come to the gym with you, and before you know it, you both will find two wonderful ladies at the end of your second year , and going steady with them.

Really no complaints from me except the food. It just lacks variety, and taste. For others, they complain about the rules, like a curfew at 12 during the week, and 1am on the weekend. But for me, when you click the box that says "I agree to the terms and conditions," you surrender your rights to follow their rules.

Southwestern Assemblies of God University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.