Waxahachie, TX
Southwestern Assemblies of God University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern Assemblies of God University

Aalaya

If you're looking for a school that will feed your mind, heart and spirit, SAGU is the place for you! Academically, I believe that the course load and overall rigor of the school could be greater, but the abundance in spiritual intensity makes the costly and simple courses worth it all.

The stereotype is pretty common: If you're not here for a church-related degree, then you are either here for business or athletics. To some degree, the stereotype is accurate, but not entirely.

The rigor of the curriculum here at Southwestern could definitely use a little boost. I like a challenge, and I think that the courses would be a lot harder if the teachers were no so helpful and engaging with their classes. Because of the small student body population, the teachers have great office hours and are usually available to help whenever needed.

Kelsie

Always be careful of who you associate yourself with. Before people know you they will make assumptions about you, it may not be right but it is going to happen so by careful. The people that you meet in college are going to most likely be with you for a lifetime especially the ones that are going into the same line of business as you, do not make enemies. These people could show up later on in life and if you made enemies with them back in college then it will still stick with you in your forties. Make sure not to associate with the ones who everyone knows is bad news, these people are not meant to be in your life anyways. If those relationships are not helping you then there is no reason to keep it going. That may seem harsh and you do not want to make enemies but you also have to realize that this is the real world now. These are not petty high school relationships but they are life time relationships, choose them wisely.

I wish I would have known about those sports players or people in general that were not going to be serious about their relationship with God. Also, another big thing that I wish I knew about was that people always take something small and blow it out of portion. I have lost relationships and friendships because they take something small like having a meal together and ask you if you are getting married. I would have been more careful if I had known.

This school is a christian university and only people that are christians are suppose to be accepted but that is not always the case. Especially sports players fall under that category. The school sometimes sells out for the sports players and accept them into the school and give them scholarships because sports bring in the money, those scholarships should be going to the students that are actually serious about coming here.

I would tell myself to just do it and stay focused. There are so many distractions and it is easy to let them pull you away from the primary goal. I would tell myself that fear has no place in my life and I would remingd myself that God has a plan for my life.

It is a Christian school that offered my desired degree on line

Because I was an on line student I don't feel that the professors were as invested in me as they were to the on campus students

Robert

If I could go back in time and give myself advice about college life, I would definitly tell myself "Work harder in school. Pay more attention to your studies and your academic goals. Once you leave high school, all of your friends are not going to be as important. They will not be there to support you or to push you to greater things. Focus on preparing yourself for college, and nothing else. Study hard, and improve your grades. Apply for scholarships and grants to pay for school, because it will not be cheap. Give your goals 110%! You can do it, I know you can. There will be oppositions and it will not be as easy as it sounds, but if you do that, it will definitly be worth it later on down the road. Make your parents proud that you're achieving what they were not about to do. But above all, push towards your goals and dreams, and don't let anyone get in the way of your reaching them!"

I wish I would have know how much financial help I was going to need to pay for school.

I personally believe that one of the worst things about my school is the cost for education. The tuition per semester is a bit high.

Nicolas

Enthusiastic and vibrant. Granted you will get those few kids that just hate school and everything about it, but on a general perspective, every one loves it. Everyone is friendly, caring, and always willing to help one another.

Be more motivated scholastically. Sports are something that won't last forever. The scholarships that are available to you with your academics will help you immensly. Carry that motivation on through your time in college, because if you can do that, the transition then to the real world will be much easier, having that discipline in place. Otherwise, you have to find that discipline, rekindle that fire to drive you through. When you get to college, befreind the kid across the hall as soon as you can. Otherwise, you'll spend the first few months alone and miserable, only to eventually find out that this kid is the greatest friend you'll ever have, and two years later is your roommate. Save yourself the two month trouble, and get right to it. Lastly, the dreaded freshman 15. Don't eat the banana puding ice cream everyday. Yea it is good, but you'll have to put in a lot of effort to get back into shape. Convince the kid to come to the gym with you, and before you know it, you both will find two wonderful ladies at the end of your second year , and going steady with them.

Really no complaints from me except the food. It just lacks variety, and taste. For others, they complain about the rules, like a curfew at 12 during the week, and 1am on the weekend. But for me, when you click the box that says "I agree to the terms and conditions," you surrender your rights to follow their rules.

Amber

Now I see that you want to get out of high school and move on to college as soon as possible. That's totally understandable. However, with more freedom comes more responsibilities, so I will give you the most important advice to understand during your college years. In my experience, the best way for you to start your higher education is to attend a local community college. Two reasons: 1. The courses are much more affordable, and fully accredited, meaning they will count as your first two years towards your Bachelor's degree 2. You can live in the place that you are familiar with, so you don't feel lost or alienated when you go to college and are trying to find your classes, where to live, where to find your groceries, all that stuff. Another vitally important thing you must do is that you need to be proactive in your education. Take your classes seriously, save your money for important things like books, and look around your school and become aware of opportunites and resources that are open and available to you. Believe me, if you do this, you will get the most out of your college education.

As a high school senior, I just knew that I wanted to follow the voice of the Lord. I didn't realize how challenging and rewarding college would be. If I could talk to my senior self, I would encourage myself to remember that I am never alone. I will not be the only person leaving everyone I have ever known. I will make new friends. I would make myself aware of the fact that I will change. My beliefs will become more of my own. I will be responsible for myself. I will make mistakes, but these mistakes will help me become a better person. I would encourage myself to seek the Lord because He is the only one who remains constant in such a changing world. I would encourage myself to never stop making friends and to be aware that my future husband could be anywhere. God will surprise me, and I should be ready to accept whatever gift He gives. Keep working hard because one day it will all be worth it. Education never ends, so don't dread it, but see it as a gift.

It can seem very overwhelming with all of the available resources and activities, but one should focus on one thing at a time and do what he/she enjoys.

If someone isn't true to their faith and willing to follow strict Biblical standards, he/she should reconsider th choice.

Andrew

The best Assemblies of God school in the world.

The best Assemblies of God school in the world.

SAGU is best known for their basketball team and they are ranked Top 10 in the best places to work in the DFW area.

Don't ever give up on your dream. When you think that God is calling you to do something diffrent, seek him in prayer and ask for the council of others. Be intuitive and very quick to question anything and everything. Come to college to learn, but don't only seek the knowledge of the world, find out more about yourself and your God. When all else fails go to your family. They are your blood and share the same dreams that you have for yourself. Don't slack off, find friends and find them fast. When you think you are beyond help, it's your friends that will be there to help you in every situation.

Jared

I would slap myself and say chose wisely! I chose this college becuase my parents recommended it to me. I thought that they would know best so I went along with it. The school is nice and all but I could have picked a bigger school for the price. I would also tell myself to look for more financial aid. School is quite expensive! Lastly, I would tell myself not to be nervous and enjoy everyday of school. School is much better than working my tail off everyday to make rent.

There are a lot of rules regarding dating and other everyday activities.

Julie

SAGU is wonderful because the Spirit of God shines on this campus. Classes are at a good pace and grounded in the Bible. The professors aren't there to force their own opinions on you; they are there to help you grow in your field, and most importantly, your relationship with God.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would encourage myself to begin looking for scholoarships early. Also, I would recommend to go to a community college to get the basics out of the way. If you do this, and make sure that the classes transfer into the school you want to go to, it will save you a lot of money.

SAGU has an open enrollment policy. They do not have strict academic policy for acceptance but they do require that you are a Christian or are choosing to accept christian behaviors and morals.

Southwestern Assemblies of God University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.