Waxahachie, TX
Southwestern Assemblies of God University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern Assemblies of God University

Robert

If I could go back in time and give myself advice about college life, I would definitly tell myself "Work harder in school. Pay more attention to your studies and your academic goals. Once you leave high school, all of your friends are not going to be as important. They will not be there to support you or to push you to greater things. Focus on preparing yourself for college, and nothing else. Study hard, and improve your grades. Apply for scholarships and grants to pay for school, because it will not be cheap. Give your goals 110%! You can do it, I know you can. There will be oppositions and it will not be as easy as it sounds, but if you do that, it will definitly be worth it later on down the road. Make your parents proud that you're achieving what they were not about to do. But above all, push towards your goals and dreams, and don't let anyone get in the way of your reaching them!"

I wish I would have know how much financial help I was going to need to pay for school.

I personally believe that one of the worst things about my school is the cost for education. The tuition per semester is a bit high.

Nicolas

Enthusiastic and vibrant. Granted you will get those few kids that just hate school and everything about it, but on a general perspective, every one loves it. Everyone is friendly, caring, and always willing to help one another.

Be more motivated scholastically. Sports are something that won't last forever. The scholarships that are available to you with your academics will help you immensly. Carry that motivation on through your time in college, because if you can do that, the transition then to the real world will be much easier, having that discipline in place. Otherwise, you have to find that discipline, rekindle that fire to drive you through. When you get to college, befreind the kid across the hall as soon as you can. Otherwise, you'll spend the first few months alone and miserable, only to eventually find out that this kid is the greatest friend you'll ever have, and two years later is your roommate. Save yourself the two month trouble, and get right to it. Lastly, the dreaded freshman 15. Don't eat the banana puding ice cream everyday. Yea it is good, but you'll have to put in a lot of effort to get back into shape. Convince the kid to come to the gym with you, and before you know it, you both will find two wonderful ladies at the end of your second year , and going steady with them.

Really no complaints from me except the food. It just lacks variety, and taste. For others, they complain about the rules, like a curfew at 12 during the week, and 1am on the weekend. But for me, when you click the box that says "I agree to the terms and conditions," you surrender your rights to follow their rules.

Amber

Now I see that you want to get out of high school and move on to college as soon as possible. That's totally understandable. However, with more freedom comes more responsibilities, so I will give you the most important advice to understand during your college years. In my experience, the best way for you to start your higher education is to attend a local community college. Two reasons: 1. The courses are much more affordable, and fully accredited, meaning they will count as your first two years towards your Bachelor's degree 2. You can live in the place that you are familiar with, so you don't feel lost or alienated when you go to college and are trying to find your classes, where to live, where to find your groceries, all that stuff. Another vitally important thing you must do is that you need to be proactive in your education. Take your classes seriously, save your money for important things like books, and look around your school and become aware of opportunites and resources that are open and available to you. Believe me, if you do this, you will get the most out of your college education.

As a high school senior, I just knew that I wanted to follow the voice of the Lord. I didn't realize how challenging and rewarding college would be. If I could talk to my senior self, I would encourage myself to remember that I am never alone. I will not be the only person leaving everyone I have ever known. I will make new friends. I would make myself aware of the fact that I will change. My beliefs will become more of my own. I will be responsible for myself. I will make mistakes, but these mistakes will help me become a better person. I would encourage myself to seek the Lord because He is the only one who remains constant in such a changing world. I would encourage myself to never stop making friends and to be aware that my future husband could be anywhere. God will surprise me, and I should be ready to accept whatever gift He gives. Keep working hard because one day it will all be worth it. Education never ends, so don't dread it, but see it as a gift.

It can seem very overwhelming with all of the available resources and activities, but one should focus on one thing at a time and do what he/she enjoys.

If someone isn't true to their faith and willing to follow strict Biblical standards, he/she should reconsider th choice.

Andrew

The best Assemblies of God school in the world.

The best Assemblies of God school in the world.

SAGU is best known for their basketball team and they are ranked Top 10 in the best places to work in the DFW area.

Don't ever give up on your dream. When you think that God is calling you to do something diffrent, seek him in prayer and ask for the council of others. Be intuitive and very quick to question anything and everything. Come to college to learn, but don't only seek the knowledge of the world, find out more about yourself and your God. When all else fails go to your family. They are your blood and share the same dreams that you have for yourself. Don't slack off, find friends and find them fast. When you think you are beyond help, it's your friends that will be there to help you in every situation.

Jared

I would slap myself and say chose wisely! I chose this college becuase my parents recommended it to me. I thought that they would know best so I went along with it. The school is nice and all but I could have picked a bigger school for the price. I would also tell myself to look for more financial aid. School is quite expensive! Lastly, I would tell myself not to be nervous and enjoy everyday of school. School is much better than working my tail off everyday to make rent.

There are a lot of rules regarding dating and other everyday activities.

Julie

SAGU is wonderful because the Spirit of God shines on this campus. Classes are at a good pace and grounded in the Bible. The professors aren't there to force their own opinions on you; they are there to help you grow in your field, and most importantly, your relationship with God.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would encourage myself to begin looking for scholoarships early. Also, I would recommend to go to a community college to get the basics out of the way. If you do this, and make sure that the classes transfer into the school you want to go to, it will save you a lot of money.

SAGU has an open enrollment policy. They do not have strict academic policy for acceptance but they do require that you are a Christian or are choosing to accept christian behaviors and morals.

kristen

My classmates are eager to learn and very helpful when it comes to group projects.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to worry. I would reassure myself that college is not as difficult and as scary as everyone says it is. I would give myself the advice of, "just be yourself." Also, I would have made sure that I made better grades in high school. Another bit of advice I would give myself would be to always take an opportunity! I would not let myself pass up amazing opportunities that could have helped me advance my college career and experience.

A Christian person should attend this school, specifically someone that wants to attend a university that embraces Christ everyday.

Margaret

The school is best known for it's multi-disciplinary offers in various majors and minors. They are known to be a Christian university but at the same time have a very robust Liberal Arts program for those interested in different fields of study within the scope of a Christian education.

If I were to offer myself advice as a high school senior it would be in four separate themes. I would advise myself to be well diversified in experience and community service, I would stress the importance of keeping my grades at the top of my class, I would emphasize the importance of planning early for financial aid and college entrance applications, and I would stress the need to check periodically with a school academic counselor all options and opportunities presented with a designated college major. The diversification of experience in community service would ensure that I had the proper portfolio of experience when applying for future scholarships, colleges, and occupations. Staying in the top percentile in my class opens the doors to many scholarships and college entries. Numerous occupations also request information about previous academic standing. Applying early for financial aid and college entry removes the stress and chaos of last- minute submission and lost opportunities because of waiting lists. Finally, regular visits with the school academic counselor ensure that misunderstandings in regard to major expectations, time duration, and subsequent job applicability will not become a hindrance to the student. These four themes would encompass my advice to myself.

The best thing about my school was the qualified professors who were very personable with the students. Many of the educators were available after hours to consult and to encourage the students in their progress. They were qualified to answer many of the more complex questions students had concerning their majors and the out come of their studies.

Mariana

Very versitile, and there's a lot of things to do so your never bored.

Very versitile, and there's a lot of things to do so your never bored.

Dear Mariana, How are you enjoying your Senior year? Lot's of time on your hands, and it's loads of fun I bet. Don't take this time foregranted though. I know you had a rough first three years of high school, but don't worry everything gets loads better! Once you leave for school you and mom will get better I promise. Just make sure you study hard this year, and have fun but don't forget that this is your last chance to show everything you've got! Choose your priorities wisely because you won't have Mom and Dad in Texas to tell you not to do something. Even though they are all the way in Pennsylvania it doesn't mean that they aren't there for you. College is an experience you will never forget, so make the most of it while you can. Nows the time in your life that you can actually be selfish and find out what you want for your future. Don't be afraid you can do this, and God is there to guide you. Love, Mariana in the future

If you don't like a group of people to hang out with, and willing to help you with your school work. But who doesn't like that!

Southwestern Assemblies of God University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.