Waxahachie, TX
Southwestern Assemblies of God University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern Assemblies of God University

Jason

First off, let me say that this is a great question! I ask myself this all the time. In high school all i cared about was playing baseball, and being the class clown. Those are my two favorite things to do in life. Play baseball, and be the one who brings laughter to those around me. If i could go back in time, i would tell myself to focus more on school. I did enough just to get by. I know i have it in me to be an outstanding student. I know what i am capable of, i just lost site of that. I would tell myself to focus harder on my studies, and to push myself harder and harder everyday to become the baseball player that i have dreamed of being since the age of four. I have absolute faith in myself that had i studied harder and worked harder to become a better baseball player that i could have been accepted into a huge big-time university. I couldn't be prouder to be attending Southwestern Assemblies of God University though. I get to work on my relationship with God while continuing my education and playing baseball.

The best thing about my school is the friendly, laid back atmosphere. Everybody there is very nice and social. I have not met one person on campus that i haven't liked. Everyone there is very friendly and encouraging and they take the time to welcome you and get to know you. It's just an all around very welcoming place.

I don't brag about my school. I'm not really the bragging type. There are certain things that i know i might be better at than someone else, but i feel like a jerk if i openly brag about everything. I have a strong dislike for people who brag about everything, so i strive not to do it.

Lance

They are kind, respectful, genuine, hard working, and fun! These are words I would use to describe my classmates. We are all at school to learn but we also know how to have a good time!

"Work hard, because it will pay off!" These are words I would have kept telling myself during my high school career. I always did my best in high school, but I never understood why; Now i do! For me, college has been a great experience because of the fact that it has more freedom, and we are in control of our destiny, but I am thankful to high school for teaching me this crucial concept. High school always came easy for me, and at many times I didnt have to work hard, or put much effort in, but going back there were a lot of times where I would slack off, and I cannot do that anymore! There is too much at stake! So if I could go back in time I would tell myself to "Work hard, because it WILL pay off!" I believe I did well in high school, but you can always do better! I am planning on doing better in college!

It has a great environment! Everyone is very friendly, and if you're going to find God, you will! The teachers are fantastic and the students are all very gracious. So the best quality of my school is it is a great environment!

Autumn

My school is known for preparing people to be sent all over the world for work. We send people into many countries, inmany different career fields.

If I could go back in time, I would make sure I looked into more colleges and went with one where I could get the same kind of education and at the same level, but one that wasn't so expensive. Also, I would ensure myself that just because I am a freshman does not mean I have to act like a "typical" freshman. Doing ALL of my school work is crucial and getting as many scholarships and as much financial aid as possible will really help in t he long run!

I wish I had looked into a few more school back home, where I could have saved more money.

kristian

SAGU is best known for its academics being a DII school, the teachers are great and the students and staff all come as one for prayer time and during games.

the advice id give my self is give it your all , in all 4 yrs because it actually really counts in college , and be ready to know what you plan to study because college is a whole different ball game then high school, becasue they dont baby you..ha its up to you if you wanyt to wake up and go to class the teahcers still get paid and dont care if you show up or not.

that i cant play soccer for the school till i go full time, im a part time student whos a mother oh! i did i forget to mention im a teenage mom.. and my husband play football and hes a full time student i wish i was able to play , but icant so thats the most frustrating thing about some of us that want to play but cant..

Mollie

Dear Me, If you are reading this, I was able to send a letter back in time, I want to give you some advice. Please work out more, get in the habit continue to play basketball and soccer you will feel better and make more friends. Go out for more plays you can do it. dont be shy you are great! But most importantly STUDY! learn from someone some how how to study . The work is going to get harder and you will need to know how to study in order to do your best. Don't sell your self short reach for the stars if you fall or miss them learn from the mistakes get back up and try to catch the next star you find. Heed my advice, Me

SAGU is a family. You can fell the love when you walk on campus. They will always back you up, the friends I make here I know will be there for me the rest of my life.

I had a really easy time in High school and the 1st school I went to was much easier than SAGU, I wish I had developed a better study habit.

Jesse

For some of the students here, these stereotypes are very accurate, but for a large portion of the student body, they are not. There are plenty of people here who do not simply follow blindly. There are new ideas and creative thinking happening all the time.

That we are holly rollers and think we are better than everyone. People think that we're judgmental and closedminded.

Assurance, professional and spiritual growth, and preparation are a few elements gained thus far through my studies at Southwestern Assemblies of God University. I have gained assurance and confirmation that my chosen major and career is the appropriate path for my life and ministry. Through the daily chapels I have grown closer to my God and have attained a deeper walk in my faith. The classes which are taught from a Biblical perspective have also encouraged this growth while culturing and enhancing me in my professional abilities. Furthermore, SAGU has well equipped me to enter into my field of study.

I felt completely prepared for SAGU upon my arrival. I was a transfer student and was familiar with the academic work load. The campus also provided a thorough orientation upon arrival and offer continual support for their students. I feel well equipped for this school.

I brag about the sense of community at SAGU. We all seem to relate to one another and the internal cohesiveness in the student body is obvious.

Gerren

I came into college a boy I graduated from College a man. College taught me how to be more mature and independent. Being in College also taught me how to be thankful for my upbringing. Being in College taught me patience and perserverance. The reace is not given to the strong but him that endureth until the end. College has been valuable for me because I met great God-fearing friends that pray for me daily.

I wish I would have known it was a Pentecostal school.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the fact we tend to look at a person apperance than the heart. We miss seeing a person heart and not their apperance.

College has begun to teach me the important tools I will always need for my future. It has helped me become a more knowledgable and worldly person. The shy, quiet girl I have always been is gone, and I am now able to communicate effectively with the people around me. My college experience has led me down the path to my future.

Bradley

I am only on my second day at school here in all honesty, But the people I have been around during that time, the friendships I have made are outstanding and they are all great guys to hang around and I can tell that I will absolutely love and enjoy this school year. By the end of this year, its not the education that I will value the most, but the friendships, life lessons and joyful memories that I will have from this. That is what I expect to leave here with, the diploma I will leave here with from this university will be just another way to remember the memories I will have in my eyes

A non-Christian, anyone else, no matter what kind of background you have or what denomination you were raised in. The people, the services, and the classes are wonderful and suited to anyone in my personal opinion.

The atmosphere and people at this school, how friendly they are and how helpful and welcoming they are to the underclassmen. Everyone is very easy to talk to and won't treat you like you're nothing. The services in the chapel is amazing and most of the professors here are amazing!

Southwestern Assemblies of God University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.