Waxahachie, TX
Southwestern Assemblies of God University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern Assemblies of God University

Autumn

My school is known for preparing people to be sent all over the world for work. We send people into many countries, inmany different career fields.

If I could go back in time, I would make sure I looked into more colleges and went with one where I could get the same kind of education and at the same level, but one that wasn't so expensive. Also, I would ensure myself that just because I am a freshman does not mean I have to act like a "typical" freshman. Doing ALL of my school work is crucial and getting as many scholarships and as much financial aid as possible will really help in t he long run!

I wish I had looked into a few more school back home, where I could have saved more money.

kristian

SAGU is best known for its academics being a DII school, the teachers are great and the students and staff all come as one for prayer time and during games.

the advice id give my self is give it your all , in all 4 yrs because it actually really counts in college , and be ready to know what you plan to study because college is a whole different ball game then high school, becasue they dont baby you..ha its up to you if you wanyt to wake up and go to class the teahcers still get paid and dont care if you show up or not.

that i cant play soccer for the school till i go full time, im a part time student whos a mother oh! i did i forget to mention im a teenage mom.. and my husband play football and hes a full time student i wish i was able to play , but icant so thats the most frustrating thing about some of us that want to play but cant..

Mollie

I had a really easy time in High school and the 1st school I went to was much easier than SAGU, I wish I had developed a better study habit.

SAGU is a family. You can fell the love when you walk on campus. They will always back you up, the friends I make here I know will be there for me the rest of my life.

Dear Me, If you are reading this, I was able to send a letter back in time, I want to give you some advice. Please work out more, get in the habit continue to play basketball and soccer you will feel better and make more friends. Go out for more plays you can do it. dont be shy you are great! But most importantly STUDY! learn from someone some how how to study . The work is going to get harder and you will need to know how to study in order to do your best. Don't sell your self short reach for the stars if you fall or miss them learn from the mistakes get back up and try to catch the next star you find. Heed my advice, Me

Jesse

That we are holly rollers and think we are better than everyone. People think that we're judgmental and closedminded.

For some of the students here, these stereotypes are very accurate, but for a large portion of the student body, they are not. There are plenty of people here who do not simply follow blindly. There are new ideas and creative thinking happening all the time.

Assurance, professional and spiritual growth, and preparation are a few elements gained thus far through my studies at Southwestern Assemblies of God University. I have gained assurance and confirmation that my chosen major and career is the appropriate path for my life and ministry. Through the daily chapels I have grown closer to my God and have attained a deeper walk in my faith. The classes which are taught from a Biblical perspective have also encouraged this growth while culturing and enhancing me in my professional abilities. Furthermore, SAGU has well equipped me to enter into my field of study.

I felt completely prepared for SAGU upon my arrival. I was a transfer student and was familiar with the academic work load. The campus also provided a thorough orientation upon arrival and offer continual support for their students. I feel well equipped for this school.

I brag about the sense of community at SAGU. We all seem to relate to one another and the internal cohesiveness in the student body is obvious.

Gerren

I came into college a boy I graduated from College a man. College taught me how to be more mature and independent. Being in College also taught me how to be thankful for my upbringing. Being in College taught me patience and perserverance. The reace is not given to the strong but him that endureth until the end. College has been valuable for me because I met great God-fearing friends that pray for me daily.

I wish I would have known it was a Pentecostal school.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the fact we tend to look at a person apperance than the heart. We miss seeing a person heart and not their apperance.

College has begun to teach me the important tools I will always need for my future. It has helped me become a more knowledgable and worldly person. The shy, quiet girl I have always been is gone, and I am now able to communicate effectively with the people around me. My college experience has led me down the path to my future.

Bradley

I am only on my second day at school here in all honesty, But the people I have been around during that time, the friendships I have made are outstanding and they are all great guys to hang around and I can tell that I will absolutely love and enjoy this school year. By the end of this year, its not the education that I will value the most, but the friendships, life lessons and joyful memories that I will have from this. That is what I expect to leave here with, the diploma I will leave here with from this university will be just another way to remember the memories I will have in my eyes

A non-Christian, anyone else, no matter what kind of background you have or what denomination you were raised in. The people, the services, and the classes are wonderful and suited to anyone in my personal opinion.

The atmosphere and people at this school, how friendly they are and how helpful and welcoming they are to the underclassmen. Everyone is very easy to talk to and won't treat you like you're nothing. The services in the chapel is amazing and most of the professors here are amazing!

Mugabo

i have learned many things that will be helpfull for my future career, these include the use of varios machines and holding positive argument. due to many classes that i take every semester, i have learned to work hard and to manage my time well. i have also made a lot of friends and i have developed socialization skills. as i keep on with my studies, i learn things that gives me ability to think criticaly and solve defferent obstacles in my life as well as my society. i feel fortunate for being in college, and i am sure that i will use all the skills that i acquire to benefit me and those around me.

i wish i could have known any organisation, website, or an individual to help me pay for my education. i also wish i had known the deadlines of scolarships provided by the school.

there is a friendly relationship among the student. students here get along pretty well regardless of their differences, color, or cultural background. nearly every one here at Southwestern assemblies of God University is a christian; so there is sencererity and desire for helping. also it is a good environment to be in, since there are a possitive influence.

Timothy

I like SAGU, but I have decided that ORU in Tulsa, Oklahoma, is a better choice for me. So it's hard for me to talk good about SAGU when I'm not staying there.

I have first of all recieved a higher education, but also I have finished 18 hours. I have grown in my Christian Faith.

I wish I would have known more about daily life on campus. I wish I could have met the staff before going.

Southwestern Assemblies of God University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.