Waxahachie, TX
Southwestern Assemblies of God University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern Assemblies of God University

Brock

The first thing I would tell myself is to develope a good strong devtional life. Get more rooted in the word. WIth a foundation in Christ everything else won't seem as shaky. Next I would tell myself to develope a strong and steady study habit. Get everything in order and organized with my school work and study times. I would tell myself to manage my time wisely and work hard. After that, I would tell myself to get a real job. Employers want someone with experience so I should take whatever job I can get in high school. Then I would tell myself to do more scholarships. The pain of not doing more scholarships in high school will live with me for the next 10-20 years as I pay off my loans. Hopefully, knowing all of this as a high school senior would have better prepaired me for college life and even life there after. That is, if I would have take my own advice.

I knew quite a bit about this school before I began attending. The things I did not realize were what to expect from the classes and college life. I wish I would have read more to prepare myself for all the reading that must be done for my classes, and I wish I would have gotten a job in high school. I have applied at so many places in Texas but have not been even asked for an interview. If I would have gotten more professional experience rather than just mowing lawns then maybe I would be more considered.

The only person I say that should not attended this school is someone who does not love the Lord. This school is very indepth in the spiritual sense and the presence of the Lord is strong here. For someone who does not know Jesus they would probably not want to go to SAGU because of the Chapel service and the high regard for spiritual life here. Although there are people here who don't have a relationship with the Lord, and this is a good place to begin a relationship if they don't have one already.

Dora

The best place to get an education and form life-long friendships.

The best place to get an education and form life-long friendships.

If I could go back and give my self advice, I would encourage my self to try harder in high school in order to have a higher GPA. I would also encourage my self to be more disciplined and always do my best. Start my college classes as soon as I can, do not slack off and put friends and relationships before studying or doing homework. Plan ahead, use a planner to write my assigments and make sure I meet every deadline. Another advice would be to look for tutoring help if I need it in any subject. I would advice my self to attend to class every day and pay close attention to the professors.

sarah

So, listen here work hard in your classes now and get a good GPA so you can win more scholarship money!! Also apply for all scholarships you are qualified for you. Precaution: College is EXPENSIVE!! Also take the time you have now to make friends and enjoy your free time! Do not stress over popluarity because you will not stay close friends with most of them. Do not get me wrong you will still have a few friends from High school. Reach out to your fellow students who are in need of a freind. Take the time know to talk to your close friends because when your in college it becomes hard to keep in contact.College demands more of your time, but if you schedule your day you will find you have more time! The more you prepare now the more you will be ready! You think you study for school now just wait to you get in college. Most of all I want you to have fun your senior year!!

I wish I knew that the school cost so much per credit hour!!!!

The time it takes for our mantiunates to fill work order.

Alyssa

I would tell myself to save more money and to know as much about loans as possible.

I wish I would have known how much I would have to pay out of pocket per semester for how many credits I'm taking.

A student who wants to grow in the Lord, and follow the rules while getting a very balanced and great education.

Look up more scholarships, pick one school and stay with it, get better study habits, save your money, prioretize your responsibilities, choose your friends wisely, focus on God, and finish as quickly as possible.

Friends and education can't be beat.

How much I was going to have to pay to attend.

They vary in race, age, and personality. There are many differenty races and ethnicities represented here and there are students from all over the world including Africa and Latin America. The students are very accepting of one another and because of the diversity, it is not hard to find those who share common interst and goals as you.

It is known for producing many ministers and missionaries, and for providing internships and experience for those wanting to go into the ministry. This school is known for it's spiritual atmosphere that allows the students to discover their religious beliefs and grow to know God on a deeper level. It is also know for its warm, friendly and accepting environment. Many people have met their spouses and life long friends at this university.

I would tell myself to not worry, that the transition is much easier than it seems. I would tell myself that though college can be tough and is expensive, that it is also fun and provides experiences and an education that are extremely useful in life, making the cost and hardwork well worth it.

To find the right college, one should look for the school that meets their wants and needs so that they are comfortable, and receive the best possible education and opportunities for their degree and future career choice. Asking friends, family, and mentors that are currently in the career of your choice about the schools they attended is an excellent way to find the best college. To make the most of the college experience, on should take advantage of all the opportunities their school offers such as internships, volunteering, clubs, tutoring, sports, and events. They should also take advantage of the wisdom and experience of their professors and try to absorb as much information from them as possible, and work hard in the classroom so that they will be more prepared for life and their future career. They should work hard and do their best, but also take advantage of social events in order to build life long relationships.

Someone that desires a stronger relationship with God, wants to be involved in helping the community and doing outreaches or mission trips, plans on going into the ministry or wants to have a strong Biblical foundation to be a witness of Christ in a secular field such as education or business. Also a person who enjoys small schools and classes, is gifted in music, and wants to build strong relationships with their fellow students and teachers. People who like to have intelligent, experienced, and well educated professors who will teach them well and mentor them should also attend this school.

A person who does not like to follow rules and is lazy. Someone who is opposed the the Bible and Christianity, does not want to be involved in the community or outreaches, and does not like kind, friendly people. Also, a person who likes being in a large, crowded school should not attend Southwestern.

Kip

Check out many different schools before choosing the right one. Make sure they have a good program for the degree that you would like to go for and also make sure you believe what the school believes in and does.

Somebody who doesn't believe in God

Whitney

My classmates are fun, outgoing, welcoming, and always there when you need them.

I had to actually go on campuses to know if it was the right school for me. If you don't feel comfortable walking around the campus it might not be the right place. Talk to students who currently go there and definitely do your research before you just pick a school.

If you don't want a strong christian environment I would not suggest this school.

Tessa

My school is unique because the food is horrible but the value of the educations that I am recieving is very high.

If you are looking for a wholesome Christain environment to be in then Sagu is the school for you.

I wish I had know more people but after being on campus for only a few hours I made several new friends.

Southwestern Assemblies of God University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.