Waxahachie, TX
Southwestern Assemblies of God University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern Assemblies of God University

Whitney

My classmates are fun, outgoing, welcoming, and always there when you need them.

I had to actually go on campuses to know if it was the right school for me. If you don't feel comfortable walking around the campus it might not be the right place. Talk to students who currently go there and definitely do your research before you just pick a school.

If you don't want a strong christian environment I would not suggest this school.

Tessa

My school is unique because the food is horrible but the value of the educations that I am recieving is very high.

If you are looking for a wholesome Christain environment to be in then Sagu is the school for you.

I wish I had know more people but after being on campus for only a few hours I made several new friends.

Daniel

Worst football team ever. Other than that, nothing.

Worst football team ever. Other than that, nothing.

Know what your kids really Want to do. Find a school that is acredited with that major. Visit the school, and if you kid doesn't like it then don't send them there no matter how much you may think it is great. I am way more motivated to do my work somewhere I enjoy being. Also if you kid has a fried and they want to go to the same school and room togethor, let them. If your kid doesn't know what they want to do. Then just let them go to a college of their choice and Do Not Pressure them. You want them to be sucsesfull and happy, being forced into a field you don't want to be, no matter how profitable it may be, does not encourage that. Finally send you kids care packages and don't call them all the time. One of they reasons they are at college is so they don't have to be around you all the time. Let them move on with their lives.

Openminded or non right wing radical. If you'r not a hardcore bible thumping Christian. If you enjoy haning out with friends in the evening(there is a curfue). If you want to be part of a fraternity or serority. If you would like to log onto the internet on a speed faster than dialup. Then this school is not for you. I would go on but I am limitted to 100 words. This school sucks for anyone who is social and does things other than whitnessing and school work.

Blake

It is a small school that carries with it a big school atmosphere. They offer everything most big schools have, but at the same time the enrollment is kept small which carries a very friendly, personal one on one atmosphere. The professors work with each student on an intimate relational level so that each student can get the most out of every class and more importantly feel a small part of the grand picture. The university has countless areas of oppportuniy open for everyone to be involed to help get each person ready for their calling and purpose in life.

There are many areas of importance to consider when in search for the perfect college for the future college attendee. Each student needs to know what they want out of their college experience and look into every aspect of it. In my experience I made sure to first take time to sit down and write out what I was looking for in a college. It is very important for each student to sit down and envision the college that will fit their personaily as well as their needs, dreams, and goals. Students need to make a list of qualities desired in a college and also ones that they want to stay far away from. This will get them thinking about what they are looking for. The next process is to look. Study up and read about different colleges. Find the best one for you. Next seek guidance from mutiples sources this can be from past college students, current college students, and most importantly God. The combination of all things help the student discover not only what college they are looking for, but also a little something about themselves. Lastly, go apply and trust that God will open the door.

The number one area that comes to mind when sharing about Southwestern is the tremendous opportunities there are to step into full throttle leadership at a young age. Just being at Southwestern for a year and a half now I have been able to step up into leadership roles more than I ever dreamed of. The opportunities to be involved in leadership, clubs, and organizations are indescribable. The possbilities are endless. If you have a heart to be involved and impact your school, your community, your world, and even your life, Southwestern opens every door possible for that to happen.

Alisha

I would tell them to weigh all of their options carefully and to visit as many of their prospective colleges as possible. It's always helpful to talk to current students. Make sure to immerse yourself in the school and participate in the things that interest you.

I can't think of anything that's frustrating about my school. I love it!

Troy

My classmates are very calm individuals with strengths and weaknesses that build the classroom relationships into positive, whole feeling environments because everyone plays a part to make the classroom feel like a family.

My first advice would be to start looking around the sophmore or junior year of high school. My advice would be to select the top ten colleges of their choice. I would have the student pick five that they would enjoy attending, and have the parent pick five that they would most like to see their student attend. After the choosing was done I would ask them to review every single aspect possible for each college and find the one that is suitable for the student. I would advise them to first think about a reasonable price range that would suit them well, and take out the schools that cost more than their price range. After that, I would encourage them to research the rest of the schools; find the best environment, find out what classes are offered, find out how far away from home it is, etc. I would tell them to eliminate the schools less suitable. When the elimination was brought down to the top three schools, I would encourage them to visit each school to get a feel for the most comfortable campus life for the student. Once the visitation is over, the school should be chosen.

The best thing about my school is the environment I learn in. There is always time to relax, and there is always time to work. It's a "laid back" environment that allows me freedom to do what I need to do to get my school work done, and it also allows me the time I need to rest when I feel overwhelmed.

James

Get what you desire above any other consideration. Location, values, etc.

Get what you desire above any other consideration. Location, values, etc.

Someone looking to grow spiritually and academically.

Noemi

It is a typical, ultra conservative, but somehow caring and engaging Bible college.

Try your best to know what you want. Not just as a major, but in housing, financial help, atmosphere, environment, and all. The small things that you think are unimportant do have a great impact in the end. Go to a school that offers you a lot of financial help so that you can concentrate in class, instead of worrying about how to pay the next bill. Go somewhere that fits who you are. Then, embrace it. If your school changes you, accept it. No matter where you go, change will take place.

I would say the professors because amiss all the closed-minded, conservative, religious, and legalistic rules and administration, they stay true to themselves. They promote diversity, critical thinking, and change. They are intelligent, profound, and caring people. I would not be at this school anymore, if it were not for my professors. I owe all that I am to them.

Matt

The School is best known for training people going into the field of evangelical Christian ministry. Each department educates well. Our counseling/psychology program is top notch. Our communications arts program is rapidly growing. We completed our first student made, 30 minute short film that will be submitted to the AFI Dallas film festival.

Go to different Campus Day events that are offered by most colleges. Have multiple colleges in mind in case you are not accepted to the initial college of your choice. Pray

I wish I had knew more of the professors so I would've known who to have chosen for classes my first two semesters of being here.

Southwestern Assemblies of God University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.