Southwestern Christian College Top Questions

Aeriol

I would tell myself first slow down and enjoy all aspects of high school. Make sure you listen, learn and practice your Math and English and don't take the quick way out ask questions. Set your life goals and with baby steps achieve them. Don't rush into having a family if it happens beyond your control take it and use as a stepping stone. Being independent is fine but too much pride and you fall, but now I know you must get up and keep moving. I know now you must if all possible go to college right after high school. and don't be afraid to talk to school counselors about your struggling in your classes and ask what programs are offered to help you. Since being in college I do go back and analize my life and mistakes and I share my life story with other high school seniors including my own grandchildren and try to help change their thoughts and mentor them to achieve a positive outlook on life. My goal now with the youth I work with at church and on campus where I do tutoring is try to save at least one.

Jalon

To learn as much as I can possiblity learn beacuse the real world doesnt stop for any one person and it is a great oppurtunity to further education definitely in todays society. Repetition is the key to learning and without knowledge your left with nothing.

Phillip-Mychael

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give myself a few pieces of advice for college life. One piece of advice I would give myself is to try harder to meet deadlines. I almost missed a few deadlines and if I did not then I could have been in a better place. Another piece of advice I would give myself is to apply for more scholarships. At the time, I did not feel the urge to apply for scholarships or grants. If I would have done that then I would be in this school free of charge. As opposed to around $5000 in debt because I had to take out a loan. In addition, I would tell myself to take at least one challenging class. I find school boring and uninteresting and I feel if I had taken a challenging class then I might have been a little invested in excelling at the course. These are a few pieces of advice I would give to myself as a senior in high school.

Sabrina

As a high school senior, I had my mind made up that I would do my best to become a nurse, that is why I'm attending Southwestern Christian College to complete my basics. If I could go back in time as a high school senior, I would concentrate on applying for scholarships to have money for college. I'm currently working hard trying to win scholarships so I would not have to struggle to pay for college myself. I have been very dedicated to my education and getting my career. I want to be able to hold my head up high in success. Now knowing that I could have gotten scholarships from some high school activities, I would have found more activities in high school so that I could receive scholarships. As a senior in high school, I joined Key Club with my friends. At the time I was in it, I really didn't know much about it. I didn't participate enough to get a scholarship, but if I could go back in time I would do my best and participate in every event as possible.