Chula Vista, CA
Southwestern College-Chula Vista

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern College-Chula Vista

Aldo

It's a great and comfortable school, but don't get too comfortable. In order for you to succedd, you must work for it and don't be lazy since it's very easy to feel that way. Most resources are available to you: counseling, tutoring, bookstore, library, cafeterias, lounge rooms, and more. Staff is willing and able to help you with your questions, but you must do the first step. You need to know what you want for your future career and have a major in mind ready to start completing your general education, and always ask questions for what you want and where you want to go. The first step for success is to know what you want, and to go for counseling so they can help you find what you want and where you want to go.

Joe

My classmates are lax yet intelligent, albeit a form of selective intelligence when it suits their needs.

I would tell my younger self to invest into my future. I don’t mean that metaphorically. I mean that I would advise myself to invest into a Roth individual retirement arrangement (IRA) to help secure my future financial obstacles. Besides that, I would emphasize the importance of rushing through the education process and completing my first bachelor degree. A few individuals, like myself, tend to overstay in college. I would recommend completing a student education plan (SEP) and follow it accordingly. The biggest advice I would give is that I am not alone in the process. There is financial aid available to help me get through thus eliminating the necessity of having a full time job that paid minimum wage. Perhaps that would hasten the progress towards my degree.

The individual who should attend this school would be one that wants to improve their current skillset, transfer to a four year university, or obtain an associate’s degree. The age groups vary and the perpetual student only needs the drive and thirst for knowledge to succeed, regardless of their objectives.

If I were to go back in time to my senior year, I would approach myself cautiously because it would be difficult to tell my past self that I'm from the future. After introducing myself and explaining why I came to the past, I would warn my past self to be aware of how much books cost and use the money I earned in the summer internship so I could pay for the books. I'd also advise myself to apply for scholarships to pay for books, transportation, and school supplies like laptops and hard drives. Out of the many things I would say, the most important advice to my past self is to position myself around more responsible classmates because they can help with tutoring, Professors because they are the ones you should go to so you'll know exactly what to do to improve and succeed in their class, and last but not least, the counselor. The counselor is the key to your success, they help you with the information you need and guide you in the right direction in order for you to succeed.

A person who is driven to succeed and wanting recieve a higher education to obstain a major and enhance their career. Its for anybody young or old who has finished high school and whats a higher education. For those who don't have the financing available to attend a large university. Another type of person tha should attend this college is anperson who wants to pay less for heir geneal education and transfer to a fou yar university to obyin a higher degree.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend Southwestern is one who is not comitted to learning and recieving anhigher education. A person with no motive to achieve a goal or incease heir education.

LUIS

the things that i most like about my currently college is that almost all the students communicate to each other in a way to share ideas outside of the classroom in order to get better grades heloing each other and have another point of view that the teacher had explain them.

the students in my college are really emotional because if they are doing an assignments they get sensitive in it and they actually focus to make it the best way possible in order to get a good grade.

the academics in my school are ok not the best ones but for some people that are interested it could help them.

Renalyn Mae

Southwetsern College is best known for being the only public instituion of higher education in southern San Diego County having over 20,000 students each semester and offering more than 320 associate degree and certificate options. With that being said, Southwestern College has a main focus on the importance of education and becoming successful in the future.

Education is one of the most important factors in becoming successful and having a career to be proud of. From all the knowledge you have attained from high school, remember that you can make a difference in the world because of that beautiful brain of yours. You have the power to voice your opinions and also, you can become anything you want to be because of having an education in the first place. I can’t express how important education is. As you graduate, remember that all these years of school have lead you into your ultimate test, college. The transition from high school graduate to college freshmen will be quite remarkable and interesting so be prepared for an exceptional future. Whether you choose to obtain a bachelor’s degree, or master’s degree and although it’ll be a long journey, remember that your best friend is your brain so use your knowledge wisely. However, you must enjoy these years you have at a university because they’re perhaps the best years you will be enriched with knowledge from other individuals you share common beliefs with. Good luck with all your future endeavors, you’ll be amazing!

Any person who wants to continue their education should attend Southwestern College, for the purpose of transferring to a university, obtaining an associates degree or who simply just want to be educated on subjects they're interested in. Southwetsern is a place for broadening your educational knowledge. Even if you don't know what you want to do with your life yet, Southwestern will be the college that will help you plan out your career every step of the way. There's just many great resources provided for the students here at Southwestern College.

Simrit

My college experience has allowed me to grow as a peron not only academically but by means of mind, body, and soul. My life has done a full transformation since high school. I know my potential and what I strive to acheive in my life. I am a premedical student who will have finished all of my pre-medical pre-requisites by the end of the Spring 2011 semester with a 3.81 GPA currently. For the last year and a half of college I have recieved all As. It has been extremely valuable for me to attend college as it has increased my confidence and my perseverence towards obtaining a succesfful future.

I have been able to meet new people. It is one of the cheapest schools in New Mexico, so that has helped me so much. To some it has changed their life but it hasnt to me, to be honest I don't like going to school there, it was just cheap and close by until I could have enough money to go else where. Granted there are some pretty good teachers, ones who will really work with you & care about your education.

Raul

they are good students that know wath they want for their future.

they are good students that know wath they want for their future.

Since I am on this college I have noticed that my capacity to do things has grown, I have develop better skills to do my work and learn things much easy. I have meat alot of people, these pearsons have showed me that companierism is a real important thing, because if we are isolated to the real world and we only focus on ourselves we are going to fell alone. The more valuable thing that I have learn on this college is that dreams can always complete; its just matter of time, pattience and dedication.

Persons that like to work hard and know wath they want for their future.

Francisco

I wish I had known the job growth outlook for the career I was interested in before I started studying to become a computer programmer. The need for computer programmers is very small in San Diego. I have a three daughters in San Diego and cannot just move to a city where they are in high demand. If I would have had this information I would have focused my time on engineering because there is a good demand and more resources available in the San Diego area. Luckily the key ingredient for both majors is math, my favorite!

The biggest piece of advice I would give myself as a senior in high school would be to not take a semester off. Even if you are not a full time student, at least take a few classes every semester to stay in the flow of learning. One thing that would have kept me interested in staying every semester would have been to map out all of the classes that I need to finish and start checking them off as I complete them. I love making lists and checking off things that I completed. I guess it goes along with my need for accomplishment. You don't realize how fun it is to challenge your brain until you aren't doing it anymore. When you are away from school, you yearn to learn. Your brain wants new information. If you feel overwhelmed take one or two less classes, but don't ever stop learning.

The most frustrating part of attending school is the fact that they cut the number of available classes in half. Now there are more people trying to get into the classes that I need to graduate. During my registration appointment for spring semester 2010, three out of four of the classes I was hoping to get were already full. Because of the bugdet crisis in California I have to wait two full semsters for my second semester Cisco CCNA to come around. In the fall 2009 semester it was dropped from the School Schedule because of the budget crisis.

Jainee

Southwestern College prepares students well to transfer to UCs or CSUs.

Southwestern College prepares students well to transfer to UCs or CSUs.

Do not withdraw from classes, take at least 12 units every semester, don't have more than 3 classes per day, don't have a long break in between classes because it will be tempting to go home and miss or be late to class, don't take the "easy A" classes too lightly just because they are "easy A" classes, don't fall behind in assigned readings, do not get lower than a 3.0 in all classes, stay on track to transfer and get GE /transfer/major requirements done as soon as possible.

A person who is not serious about college, because even though it is a community college, the staff does its best to prepare students for transfer to a 4 year University.

Southwestern College-Chula Vista administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.