Chula Vista, CA
Southwestern College-Chula Vista

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern College-Chula Vista

Kheana

Its a great campus in a quiet community with plenty of access o different stores and shop in a close distance.

Everyone is different and unique in their own way.

I would start of by elling myself to take school more serously than I did. I felt like I had all the time in the world and now I regret it. I would next tell myself to actually fill out scholarships and to take advantage of all the free money that is out there. I would make my younger self aware of the different schools out there and not to worry about the cost. I would sit down and help the younger me set campus visit dates and meet with different counselors so that I would be more prepared and focused when choosing he right school to attend. Lastly I would tell myself to have confidence in everything I do and schooling takes time, dont be in a rush to get out.

William

I would warn myself against changing my major more than once; its nice to try different things, but by doing so I put myself in a tight situation with the number of credits I've earned. I would also inform myself that waiting more than a single day to register for classes will cost me more than a wasted semester, it will cost me the chance to get the schedule I desire, because classes will have been cut the semester after. Although, I think by knowing these things without experiencing the difficulties they bring, I would be doing myself a disservice by not allowing the events to further my developement as an individual. With this in mind, I think I would only tell myself: To not take things personally, and try your best to focus on the task at hand, otherwise you will become hindered by time.

I love the atmosphere: its clean, theres plenty of grass and trees, and the staff is so helpful and professional.

I don't find anything particularly frustrating about my school; its a little old and about 500 classes were cut due to the economy, i suppose that could have been handled differently, but they're trying their best.

Desiree

I was not able to pay for tuition at my other schools. At community colleges you can take the same classes as other classes without paying thousands of dollars a semester.

I would tell myself that I need to relax. I was really uptight and stressed out about college. I had been preparing for it for the last three years in my AP classes. I also really embarassed that I had to go to a community college because I could not pay for the tuition at USD. I now realize it is OK to be at Southwestern. I am paying less tuituon than friends. I was also able to have fun and meet people at school because I was not spending all my time traveling from school to home.

I wish I knew that there are some people there that work hard. There are a lot of great people who are willing to learn. Great place to continue to play sports.

Gerardo

If I had the opportunity to talk to my younger self in during my senior year i would probably say be more open and less affraid to take chances. In college it's mostly yourself one has to worry about, so you shouldn't be afraid to speak you mind because if you don't you'll slowly become somebodys shadow. I would also say that the transition isn't hard if you look for the right people for help.

Alll sort of people should attend this school because it doesn't just focus on one group it focuses on all the types of people out there.

I don't Believe there is a certain type of person who shouldn't attend Southwestern College because it seems that almost anybody would fit in. This result comes from the beeing really diverse an open to all students.

Steven

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself that going into college life doesn't have to be as nerve-racking as people might say. As long as you keep up contacts with your friends and be willing to make new friends, you will be fine. However, I would also tell myself to not slack off as much as I did in my senior year, because sometimes it really can decide your academic fate for the rest of your college life, and your life afterwards. Sometimes it seems as though life puts you into tough situations that seem impossible to surpass, but if you can preservere long enough, maybe you can start off college more prepared than I was.

Because of the recent budget cuts in the state most of the classes have become very scarce, especially important scince and math classes.

Many students that start out here do not always put their education above all else and cannot commit to school. These kinds of students will probably only be wasting their money if they dont plan on transferring or graduating.

Alyssa

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, some words of advice I would give is "STRIVE FOR THE BEST, NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS." Now I would tell myself that because I look back on a lot of things I have done previously in my life and saw all the flaws that could have been avoided if I actually took the time out and thought about what was best for me. When I tried to start school at USM, I saw that I was not ready to go off to a university. I was not ready in the form of financialy and mentally. I actually settled for less with my grades and papers that I rushed and put together at the last minute. One other thing is I would like to talk to myself about PROCRASTINATING! I am a huge procrastinator and I really regret that. It has really put me in a standstill with school. At the moment I am trying my hardest to work on things that in my past I have started and never completed. That is my goal for the this year.

Lynn

Entering college after highschool was a huge transition for me, new freedoms, new friendships, to make it short distractions everywere, If given the chance to tell myself what to not do, i would first off all advice myself that in college i experience all that fredom that highschool never gave me , and tell myself that just because i now have that freedom doesnt mean that i get to goof of on my colege education. I would tell myself that things are only as difficult as you alow them to be and that college is opening a door for me, i would lastly let myself know that if I start well my first semester as a freshman in college i would be eligible for more scholarshipsand grants and would be able to transfer to a university faster. I would tell myself that getting caught up in distractions, like i did would only slow me down and make me lagg in my education . I would literally go back in time and scream at myself to give my education the value it deserves.

The college is very accessible, its easy to get to, and within the college you can find programs that will help you resolve most of your learning needs, last semester a program called EOPS lent me a greaohing calculator during the full semester.

Our school has a beautiful campus, and a friendly learning enviroment, and great staff

Traci

My school is best known for the police academy training and the EMT/EMTP program.

Plan ahead for college go to the campus and check it out, try to take summer classes at the campus so you can have a feel for college life and do your FASFA before you graduate because it is a hasle and a long process. AND TAKE EVERYTHING SERIOUS cause it is NOT A JOKE!!

The most fustrating thing about school is having to wait on your pell grant to cum through after your classes.

Trina

I would definately tell myself to balance fun and studying, it can become very overwhelming when you get caught up with socializing with classmates and deciding if you "need" to go to class versus sleeping in. I also would tell myself that life in high school is just that, life in high school. We can become anything we want after highschool and what people think of you in high school does not define who you are. College is going to be a great time to learn about yourself and to experience different adventures. Experiences help to mold our minds and personalities, which will help us to find what it is we are meant to do in life.

The only thing I can say is that I wish they would have told me they no longer accepted unsubsidized loans before I entered the Dental Hygiene program.

If you are unsure of your major and don't have the a clue of which direction you are headed in, a junior college is a great place to start. That goes for older students who are returning from an extended leave and would like to adavnce their career. Southwestern College is extremely diverse culturally that anyone would feel comfortable hear. Anyone with perseverance and commitment toward higher education would love it here. There are many sports activities and clubs to join and the weather is great here in San Diegl.

Isis

My classmates are very nice and helpful everytime we have a group activity or when we do study groups to study for a test.

The advice that I would give myself if I was a senior in high school is to always do my best and work hard. I will be organized in all of my classes all the time and always study for my exams ahead of time. I will also be prepared all the time for my classes for example bring all my homework done and show up with my materials and be on time in class since there isn?t anybody to tell us what to do anymore so we are the ones that have to be on top of ourselves. I will also read even when the professor doesn?t tell us to so I can be ahead and be able to know what the professor is talking about. I will always do my best and never give up wherever I am.

Their really isn't anything about my school that is frustating to me.

Southwestern College-Chula Vista administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.