Southwestern College-Chula Vista

« See more reviews of Southwestern College-Chula Vista

Education is one of the most important factors in becoming successful and having a career to be proud of. From all the knowledge you have attained from high school, remember that you can make a difference in the world because of that beautiful brain of yours. You have the power to voice your opinions and also, you can become anything you want to be because of having an education in the first place. I can’t express how important education is. As you graduate, remember that all these years of school have lead you into your ultimate test, college. The transition from high school graduate to college freshmen will be quite remarkable and interesting so be prepared for an exceptional future. Whether you choose to obtain a bachelor’s degree, or master’s degree and although it’ll be a long journey, remember that your best friend is your brain so use your knowledge wisely. However, you must enjoy these years you have at a university because they’re perhaps the best years you will be enriched with knowledge from other individuals you share common beliefs with. Good luck with all your future endeavors, you’ll be amazing!

It really is not that hard. All you need is the discipline to apply yourself at home and in school. As long as you study an hour or two a day, you will be able to stay on top of your classes. The people are good to get to know as long as you can keep an open mind and not immediately judge people on appearances. There are many students both young and old from very diverse backgrounds mixed into one relatively small campus so you will always be interacting. You can learn many new things from your classmates including but not limited to school subjects, perspectives on life, studying habits, and relationships. One thing is for sure, you will definitely improve in your interpersonal skills because being shy will definitely not get you anywhere. That includes the classroom. Teachers are there to answer your questions and you should fully take advantage of the opportunity to pick their brains during their office hours. Make sure and apply to scholarships regularly. Treat them like a part time job by putting aside a few hours a week to apply to them because they will help you out tremendously.

I would say take high school more seriously. I would say that high school is not all about expeirencing everything that everyone else is doing. I would say that trying every single drug that you incounter with is not looking cool. That you will not have more friends just becuse you drink during school hours or becuse your high. I would tell myself that jsut becuse there are problems in your life does not mean its okay to drink or get high to try to ignore the feelings. To feel wanted or loved does not mean sleeping with boys. I would say that everyone you have met in your past are not the same and that there are people you can trust and by being able to talk about what your going through would defiently hlep you not want try to please everyone. I believe that if I would of known what I know now my life would of turned out different. I am now having to work twice as hard to be able to support not only me but for my daughter as well. The only person to please is yourself because at the end it is only you.

If I were to go back in time to my senior year, I would approach myself cautiously because it would be difficult to tell my past self that I'm from the future. After introducing myself and explaining why I came to the past, I would warn my past self to be aware of how much books cost and use the money I earned in the summer internship so I could pay for the books. I'd also advise myself to apply for scholarships to pay for books, transportation, and school supplies like laptops and hard drives. Out of the many things I would say, the most important advice to my past self is to position myself around more responsible classmates because they can help with tutoring, Professors because they are the ones you should go to so you'll know exactly what to do to improve and succeed in their class, and last but not least, the counselor. The counselor is the key to your success, they help you with the information you need and guide you in the right direction in order for you to succeed.

Entering college after highschool was a huge transition for me, new freedoms, new friendships, to make it short distractions everywere, If given the chance to tell myself what to not do, i would first off all advice myself that in college i experience all that fredom that highschool never gave me , and tell myself that just because i now have that freedom doesnt mean that i get to goof of on my colege education. I would tell myself that things are only as difficult as you alow them to be and that college is opening a door for me, i would lastly let myself know that if I start well my first semester as a freshman in college i would be eligible for more scholarshipsand grants and would be able to transfer to a university faster. I would tell myself that getting caught up in distractions, like i did would only slow me down and make me lagg in my education . I would literally go back in time and scream at myself to give my education the value it deserves.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, some words of advice I would give is "STRIVE FOR THE BEST, NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS." Now I would tell myself that because I look back on a lot of things I have done previously in my life and saw all the flaws that could have been avoided if I actually took the time out and thought about what was best for me. When I tried to start school at USM, I saw that I was not ready to go off to a university. I was not ready in the form of financialy and mentally. I actually settled for less with my grades and papers that I rushed and put together at the last minute. One other thing is I would like to talk to myself about PROCRASTINATING! I am a huge procrastinator and I really regret that. It has really put me in a standstill with school. At the moment I am trying my hardest to work on things that in my past I have started and never completed. That is my goal for the this year.

Take high school very seriously because it is very vital on the classes you take. If you put more knowledge in your head and you get in the right state of mind, when it is time to go to college, you will be ready to go. With more knowlege, you will have more of an advantage and that I can guarantee. Get ready for yourself to grow up. I think your senior year is the most important time for you to step up to the plate. Sieze the moment in high school.As for your finicial status, don't worry. I know no one in your family has attended college, but don't be afraid. Don't let the economic status of your family stop you from getting a college degree because in the long run I promise your college degree will pay off. There is alot of help for you. There are plenty of tutors to help you with school work and there is plenty of programs that will help you get through school.Never give up and don't be impatient because it's all going to take time.

When I graduated from high school, I took a semester off from school. I graduated in June and didn't start school untl January. I was just focused on working at the time when i didn't go to school. Finally i knew that with just a high diploma it wouldn't get me a good job unless I had a Bachelors degree or even Masters. That motivated me into going to college as well as my uncle and my mom. If I were to go back to my senior year in high school, I would tell myself to go to college right after high school. From what I know about the college life, it gives one a better future and it looks good on a resume, and mainly because it pays more. It pays more for all the hard work one has to go through in college. I would literally help myself sign into college if I had to, anything so I could start school sooner so I could finish faster.

I would warn myself against changing my major more than once; its nice to try different things, but by doing so I put myself in a tight situation with the number of credits I've earned. I would also inform myself that waiting more than a single day to register for classes will cost me more than a wasted semester, it will cost me the chance to get the schedule I desire, because classes will have been cut the semester after. Although, I think by knowing these things without experiencing the difficulties they bring, I would be doing myself a disservice by not allowing the events to further my developement as an individual. With this in mind, I think I would only tell myself: To not take things personally, and try your best to focus on the task at hand, otherwise you will become hindered by time.

The biggest piece of advice I would give myself as a senior in high school would be to not take a semester off. Even if you are not a full time student, at least take a few classes every semester to stay in the flow of learning. One thing that would have kept me interested in staying every semester would have been to map out all of the classes that I need to finish and start checking them off as I complete them. I love making lists and checking off things that I completed. I guess it goes along with my need for accomplishment. You don't realize how fun it is to challenge your brain until you aren't doing it anymore. When you are away from school, you yearn to learn. Your brain wants new information. If you feel overwhelmed take one or two less classes, but don't ever stop learning.