Southwestern College-Chula Vista Top Questions

Francisco

I wish I had known the job growth outlook for the career I was interested in before I started studying to become a computer programmer. The need for computer programmers is very small in San Diego. I have a three daughters in San Diego and cannot just move to a city where they are in high demand. If I would have had this information I would have focused my time on engineering because there is a good demand and more resources available in the San Diego area. Luckily the key ingredient for both majors is math, my favorite!

Janet

I which i would had known that the assesment test is an important factor to where you will be ranked in reading, writing, and math.

William

I wish I could've known how much of an impact high school has before I started going to college. I had my major flaws as a student in high school, so I wish I could've prepared myself in the correct way. I wish I had known about the programs there were availiable to me from the school. I wish I could've known more about the college enviorment. I wish I could've known more about how pretty much I'm on my own. I thought high school would be very similar to college, but I was wrong.

anamaria

I did not known that college was going to be based on how much I learned in high school. I did not know that the less I know the more years of school I was goin to be there untill I reached the qualifications. Teachers are so different then teachers in high school, they do not "baby sit" you through everything they want from you. I learned very quickly that I have to do eveything on my own. I was the type of student that would go to my teachers for everything.

Edwin

That there are many internships available in almost every field of education. There are many scholarships available throughout the year as well that most people do not even know about. That gives you an advantage if you apply for them even if you do not satisfy the requirements because sometimes you are the only applicant. Do not focus in on just taking classes for your major. Although that is a priority, there are many classes that can be used for personal enrichment both intellectually and physically. World religions, lifeguard training, personal development, and basic automootive service are just some examples.

Desiree

I wish I knew that there are some people there that work hard. There are a lot of great people who are willing to learn. Great place to continue to play sports.

Trina

The only thing I can say is that I wish they would have told me they no longer accepted unsubsidized loans before I entered the Dental Hygiene program.