Southwestern College-Winfield Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Southwestern College-Winfield

Kaylee

My opinions about Southwestern is that this college is very welcoming. Not only the community in the school is welcoming and very involving with activities, the community outside of the school is very welcoming and involving. When I first arrived at the college, it seemed like most of the freshman got the help they needed. I have a scholarship on playing tennis there, I did not know anyone within the community but when I stepped on the courts all of the team made me feel like I was part of a second family. I honestly believe there will everyone in the school that will be involved in a activity and not alone. The campus is honestly beautiful as well during sunsets are the best view. The clubs are very creative to, they have a hiking club, art club,blook clubs and green team. They even have interesting clubs like hammock clubs, where you are lying on a hammock for the whole time. Most sports and clubs will have study groups so no one will fall behind on grades, they will make sure you pass your class.

Miranda

A great college with professors willing to work with you to ensure your success. So long as you pay attention, and ask for help, you can succeed here. The community is great, the food is awesome, and no big complaints about housing. Despite the penitentiary being nearby, the school is well-lit and very safe, with SC security only a call and 5min away.

Victoria

I had been wanting to go to Southwestern since my freshman year of high school and the teachers welcomed me with open arms. Even with some teachers leaving, our Music Chair has had many candidates for the positions for the students observe and become a part of the decision since it is our education. There is so much student involvement and it is amazing

Tavia

I came to this school to run Cross Country, and I thought it was going to be a great school from the few times I was on campus, but then I actually came here. The school is complete crap. I have to fight with financial aid to get my scholarships just so I can go here and they are no help what so ever and then I try to leave the school, and I had paid off my loans, and now they are telling me I still have loans to pay off. It is ridiculous. So Financial aid sucks. I have never seen the head woman even tho at the beginning of the year she said you could always come and get help from her, but every time I go in she is busy. They will try to impress you on the college visit with the food, but don't be fooled it is awful when people are not visiting. They also have you fill out a roommate match thing at the beginning of the year, so you get with someone like you, but don't be fooled; they will match you with just anyone. My roommate for the first semester was the complete opposite of me. She drank and smoked and was loud and obnoxious when I was trying to sleep. She brought people into the room constantly and never asked me if it was okay. Her boyfriend even stayed the night a couple of times which was a big no-no. She would come in from drinking and throw up for hours in the bathroom keeping me awake at night. Classes can be okay tho. Some teachers take the time to get to know you and help you if you struggle in there class, but others are just awful. I had an advisor in the history department, and he didn't even know my name or who I was when I went in to talk to him the second semester. I had talked to him many times before this. You would think that maybe he had a lot of kids to advise, but that was not the case he had three kids in his department and knew everyone but mine. I want to say the most helpful person on the whole campus was my cross country coach and to be honest; he was the only reason I stayed the whole year. If I could give southwestern a lower review, I would. Maybe a 0.001 out of 5. If you are rich and snobby and look down on those with less money you will fit right in here.

The environment is friendly and inviting. I suffer from anxiety and depression and when I came on a college visit I instantly felt a rush of calm take me. That feeling has not left me since I have been here. Everyone is helpful and open to others opinions. I have had a great college experience since being here.

rylee

I think that Southwestern College Is a great place to get your secondary education from. The campus is beautiful with multiple flowers and tree, well taken care of, and everything is in a five-minute walking distance. The class sizes range anywhere from 10-50 and all my teachers know my name and me personally. Teachers have an open door policy and offer tutoring opportunities all the time. All the faculty here are very helpful and supportive. There is always something fun to do on campus from free movies nights at the local movie theater to dodgeball tournaments in the gym. I am also on the Women’s soccer team and my coach is like a dad away from home. He is very helpful and is always taking care of his team. Southwestern is a school built on tradition. We have traditions of all kinds. At the beginning of the year we paint rocks and have a ceremony where we through them into a pit to symbolize being a part of a family and building together. Our team mascot is the moundbuilders but we also have a black cat, Jinx, how lives in the gym and is also our mascot. My favorite thing about Southwestern College is how united we are. Our student body as a whole is so supportive of each other. I noticed going to class that almost all the guys hold doors open for girls even if they have to wait a bit for us to get there. Southwestern College is a family that comes from years of traditions and I wouldn’t want to spend the next four years anywhere else.

Chad

I love SC. It has provided me with so many learning opportunities and given me the chance to pursue my dreams by playing college football. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Tullis

The support staff and professors at Southwestern college have been very helpful so far and are very knowledgeable in their field of expertise. Flexible class hours and fast paced semesters make achieving you educational goals very easy. I would highly recommend it to others

Alystin

We loved the campus, sports program, professors, etc. The campus is beautiful. The class sizes are smaller than most four year schools. Southwestern has an amazing soccer program. The campus is well diversified. I am looking forward to the Fall Semester!