Belleville, IL
Southwestern Illinois College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern Illinois College

Myalita

SWIC has amazing teachers! They are there to help anyway they can. My professors have been there for me and others, in more ways than one. All locations I have attended, I have had no complaints; Student center is helpful, students are friendly, and environment is very laid back.

Sydnee

This college is a great two year college. It is affordable, easy to find, has very helpful faculty members and students, and the campus is very safe. The only downside is that there doesn't seem to be many opportunities for students to get to know one another outside of the classroom.

Jeremiah

overall the campus is great. Well maintained and kept up. Great start for students who are unsure about where to start there college career, and good for older people who are coming back to finish their degree. Instructors are easy to reach and class sizes are moderate. There could be more extracurricular activities like intramurals for example.

lisa

It sucks. Its small and its not really a college experiences because there are all ages of people that go to swic. Also, the education that you get from going there is not that good because most of the professors suck and have bad ratings. It's not a place you make friends, so you better hope you have friends in town already.

Logan

I would say that Southwestern Illinois College is the cheapest in IL and MO and that most people go there before going to any other college.

I would tell my self to go a head and stick with your track and cross country and that Southwestern Illinois College is the best choice you can pick and save my self from all those long hours from searching for the right college.

Alyssa

If I could back in time and tell myself what I know now, how would my life be different? Senior year is supposed to be fun, visiting college, and deciding what you want in the future. For me, this was the scariest thing I had ever experienced. Everything in life was about to change and I had no idea how college would be. Looking back after spending two years in the college life, I would tell fearful me that college will be the best experience of your life. You will become more than you will ever imagine yourself now. I would tell myself not to fear, because new and exciting experiences will bring a resilience and confidence you never had before. I would say not to fret learning new things and new subjects; you will find a passion in learning that will animate your soul. I would tell myself to never give up your dreams because of doubt and uncertainty, if you want something go for it. Do not let anyone tell you something is too hard, the apprehension of others should not define what is possible. Lastly, I would say to never give up on what you believe in.

The best thing about my school is the small class sizes and the opportunity to get one on one time with teachers. Teachers at my school care about the individual's success. The teacher to student ratio helps me to reach my absolute full academic potential. It also helps me to see that the money I pay for school has high value, I feel I can reach my full academic and personal potential with the help of the professors. Also the small size of my school allows me to feel comfortable to branch out socially.

In my opinion, the kind of person that should attend my school is someone who is determined, slightly unsure , and moderately social. My school has more one on one time, but still proves to be very challenging. To make good grades at my school, a person must be determined and ready to learn. Somone who is unsure about their major would benefit due to the exposure to many different subject manners in a degree program. A person who is moderately social would benefit from the ease and comfort of the small community-like social atmosphere on campus.

Classmates are interesting and fun, so long as you put yourself out there and get involved.

If I could go back to talk to my high-school self, I would reassure her that starting out her college career at a community college wasn't the end of the world. At the time, I felt like SWIC was the worst option for me. It made me feel like I wasn't as good as the students going straight to four-year schools. However, SWIC was the best choice for me. Its reputation did not proceed itself. At the Red Bud branch - the one I attended - the professors were insightful and always willing to stay late and help, or offer office hours. Some provided cell numbers for around-the-clock help, some checked their emails every few hours. I was employed by the Success Center as a student tutor, which has been the most rewarding job I've ever had, and I've been able to keep a steady GPA while taking classes that are challenging enough to hold my interest. I graduated this Spring, and am on my way to Webster U as a full-time student in the fall. My high-school self wanted to go straight to Webster, and after two years she will be.

The most frustrating thing about the Belleville campus would be the set-up of the tutoring center and the set-up of the admissions office. They keep you on a time limit that they often remind you of, which makes you feel like you're either in their way or not that important. The other campus branches aren't like that.

The school is a preparation for going to aq 4 year college of to get trainging for a job.

Some of the classments are friednly and carting people that will help with subjects they know.

When you go to a 2 year college and getting financial aid te General Education Classes with what you want to do because Most General Classes will transfers to other collrgrds or universities but trade classes may not transfer.

Velshay

I wish i knew that i should have worked harder during my prior education to attend a better school

Someone who is very very intelligent and who has potential to go to a better school

Elise

The advice I would give myself would be take more time and study. Once your GPA gets low it is harder to bring it up than to let it drop. I would also tell myself to care about the classes that I feel are not important to still care about them, because I could still learn something from the classes and use it later on in life. Also, don't be afraid to talk to the students around you because they may be able to help you in many aspects of your life. They can help you in the class or give you advice on where they got some helpful information.

The worst thing for me would be, that some classes are only offered one time a year. So some of the upper math or physics classes may only be offered once a year.

If someone is looking to go to school and party. This school is ment for someone who is furthering their education needs. This is a commuter school so there are no parties on campus.

Southwestern Illinois College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.