Belleville, IL
Southwestern Illinois College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern Illinois College

jessica

Go and sign up for theatre, dont be so afraid to make new friends just be welcoming.

Where all the classrooms are. And that I was a little more invovled because I would love to do theatre again.

Anyone who is willing to go back to shcool or just start over. One of the reasons I love this school is because it is so open to everyone and welcoming.

If I could go back in time and offer advice about the "college experience" I would say that it is not as scary as perceived. Do not fear the transition simply because you are not knowledgble of it yet. To be afraid of something you do not fully understand seems a bit foolish, because we can't know everything can we? And yet, at times it seems some people are so afraid of living and constantly worry about the future, but we should not be afraid of that either. If we're constantly worrying about our future, we are not able to completely enjoy the present. To live in the "now" is to fully experience the present. Savor it, because all we have is the present moment. Do not waste your life away by living in the future because it is the present events that influence the future ones. Simply be, and be yourself, and know that everything will be taken care of. : )

Whether you're young or just young at heart, every age and ethnic group is welcomed.

The most frustating thing about my college is that they don't offer healthy food. And what they do offer is overpriced. I wish we could get some organic foods in there at a fair price instead of the preservative-rich junk food they have now.

Heather

There are young and old at Southwestern Illinois College, sometimes it will feel like you are back in high school, and sometimes you will sit next to parents that decided to earn the degree they skipped years ago. Since the school is next to Scott Air Force base, military personal also attend school there.

Do not worry, college is not as bad as you expect. Make sure you pay attention more in class, because a lot of classes will repeat the same material learned in High school.

Any one planning on getting a good start on school, a good degree that can fit their budget, and have a school that fits around their time frame.

Very caring, compassionate group of young men and women!

Very caring, compassionate group of young men and women!

100% success rate on the Nursing Boards (NCLEX Exam)

I would have given more thought to what I really wanted to do in life. I got out of high school and graduated with a business degree and I was very unhappy. I have truly found my way and decided to pursue my education in Nursing. This is what I really want to be and do. It is such a good feeling to come home from clinical and know that I have made a difference in someone?s life directly. I have learned so much from going to the Nursing home and caring for these special individuals. Elderly people really are unique and have their own wonderful wisdom that has been shared with me this semester. I love this type of work and I can't wait to be able to give myself to individuals that really need me to show support and nurturing when they are ill. This is the best decision I could have made! In giving advice, look inside yourself and really think about who you are and what you want to become in life!

Melissa

The teachers appear to put in just as much effort and work as the students.

The teachers appear to put in just as much effort and work as the students.

Don't worry about not fitting in. Everyone is great!

I brag about how amazing all of the professors are. They return all of our assignments the following week.

Kelly

SWIC is well organized and focused on individual success.

SWIC is well organized and focused on individual success.

I would tell myself to take a deeper look at where I really want to be in the next few years. That if I want to be able to enjoy life as an adult, I should dedicate the time to my continued education then (now), while I only had two children to support instead of waiting until life is hard and education was required to get employement.

The most frustrating part about my school is the distance it is to travel from my home.

My school is known for having really great programs for students. They have a program for just about anything a student would want to be. They have a great athletic program and music program as well. The choir is really great and full of very talented people.

I would tell myself to not things school for granted. Just because I can take whatever classes I want and I can miss school if I don't want to go I shouldn't because I will pay for it later on. I would always tell myself to always study and organize my time better.

A person who really doesn't like to study or a not so outgoing person.

Southwestern Illinois College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.