Southwestern Illinois College

« See more reviews of Southwestern Illinois College

I would tell myself to work hard in my classes, and what classes to take while I'm at SWIC. I'd convince my self not to procrastinate with starting college for the first time. I would convince myself to register earlier for classes, and to save my more of my money for college and books. I would give myself advice on the cost of college, and the books that I would need for my classes. I would tell myself to look into scholarships so I could maybe save some money. I would also tell myself to look into colleges earlier, even though I would just be starting at SWIC. I would get myself to take extra art classes during the summer so i would have more art experience under my belt.

Some of the tings I wouild tell myself was that, don't think that college was jsut going to be a piece of cake. That you just can't assume that college is going to be the same as high school was. You need to work your butt off on your senior year and you should take geometry in high school so you don't have to worry about it in college, because either way you are going to take geometry, so take care of it while your in high school. Another thign I would tell myself is that you need to help your mom more around the house so that youcan do latter on when your mom isn't there to do it for you. Well I guess that is pretty much all I would say to myself if I went back in time.

As a high school senior, I would better explore career options that are common in my area. An extensive scholarship search would likely pay off and better prepare me for the unexpected. Finding others with common interests to talk to for advice in how they have gone about following their dreams would be helpful in shaping my own dreams. Also I would tell myself that anything is possible and don't put limitations on yourself because you can do anything you set your mind to. Watch your spending habits and make informed decisions. Life is unpredictable, so have an open mind. Don't be afraid to share with others your ideas because that shows them who you are.

I would tell myself that happiness is a choice. I'd also say that sometimes silver linings are hard to see. I would tell myself that college is a one part fun two parts hard work. "Use your time wisely and do you homework younger me" I'd say. I would tell me to listen to my parents and older sister more. Also, you may want start saving money for college now. I'd make sure that I wasn't so afraid to make mistakes. But the most important message I would have for myself is please save your 17 page English on something other than your blue flash drive! You are going to lose it!

The advice I would give myself would be take more time and study. Once your GPA gets low it is harder to bring it up than to let it drop. I would also tell myself to care about the classes that I feel are not important to still care about them, because I could still learn something from the classes and use it later on in life. Also, don't be afraid to talk to the students around you because they may be able to help you in many aspects of your life. They can help you in the class or give you advice on where they got some helpful information.

I would tell myself to take a deeper look at where I really want to be in the next few years. That if I want to be able to enjoy life as an adult, I should dedicate the time to my continued education then (now), while I only had two children to support instead of waiting until life is hard and education was required to get employement.

I would tell myself to not things school for granted. Just because I can take whatever classes I want and I can miss school if I don't want to go I shouldn't because I will pay for it later on. I would always tell myself to always study and organize my time better.

I would tell my self to go a head and stick with your track and cross country and that Southwestern Illinois College is the best choice you can pick and save my self from all those long hours from searching for the right college.

When you go to a 2 year college and getting financial aid te General Education Classes with what you want to do because Most General Classes will transfers to other collrgrds or universities but trade classes may not transfer.

I would have given the advice to start earlier when looking for scholarships and also applying to schools. Don't just look for scholarships and apply to schools for one day make it a daily habit to look or apply.