Weatherford, OK
Southwestern Oklahoma State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern Oklahoma State University

caleb

my classmates are loud, obnoxious and quiet...

my classmates are loud, obnoxious and quiet...

my school is unique because we have a swosu foundation that goes into scholarships.

well, when i started out i took a year off after highschool, worked on a pig farm for seaboard foods in colorado, didn't like that, tryed to join the army lost 50 pounds. turned out i was to fat still.. gave up and made it here.. got depressed but im doing okay just need money for my books maybe food cause im hungrey.

Southwestern Oklahoma State University is an outstanding university that has great professors and advisors who will work with you one on one to make sure that you achieve your short and long-term goals.

My college experience has been very interesting. High school does not do enough to prepare you for the college experience. In college, you must study and work hard to acheive the grades you want; whereas, in high school, you can slack and still get the grades you desire. College has taught me three main things: make friends in each class so you can develop a study group together, do not wait until the night before any exam to study, and get to know your professors. These three things have helped me start my long-term goal in becoming a pharmacist. My professors are eager to help me when i ask for it, and they explain things clearly to where I understand. The professors are outstanding teachers, and they have made college a valuable experience for me.

Before attending Southwestern Oklahoma State University, I wish I would have known more about the layout of the campus. I found myself getting lost and being late to class because I didn't know where each building was located.

Kylee

The campus is small enough where it's not hard to meet people, and there are alot of friendly faces on campus.

I have gained so many memories and friendships in the one year that I have attended college. Some of the most memorable moments that I have had have been at my university. Attending college has also given me the opportunity to meet new people and to make new friends; these are friendships that I know will last a lifetime. Aside from the fun times that my friends and I have had, I know that attending and graduating from college will be one of the most important things I will do. I am a very goal oriented person, and I know that in order to achieve great things in life I will need a proper education. My ultimate goal in life is to be able to make an impact on other people's lives, but I know that without a college education I will not have to knowledge necessary to really be able to put what I have learned into action.

I really like the small class sizes, and the one-on-one time you get with the professors.

Cameron

College has tought me that I must build a foundation for my education. As a Pre-Pharmacy major I have jumped head strong into chemistry club to help prepare myself for Pharmacy school. I have also become involved with several clubs to further expreess myself as an indivual. By joining these clubs I have been able to acclimate to the new lifestyle while building success for my future at the same time. College has been a life changing experiance. Some aspects have changed for the better, others for the worse. Overall, I am proud that I have gotten this far in my education. I understand that I must prepare myself for Pharmacy School, and more importantly I have found who I am.

Mekayla

I did not believe that transitioning from high school to college would be as easy as it has been. I expected my mom to cry when they dropped me off. It doesn't always happen like that. I also expected to get a lot more homesick than I have. Sure, I go home most weekends but it's not lonely like I believed. If you don't like the first roommate, don't sweat it. A great one will roll around someday. Understand that the work is difficult. Don't kid yourself into believing it's going to be a breeze. Study hard, young lady. Get to know at least one person really well in each of your classes. They will be able to help you learn all of the material and you'll make quite a few new friends. Go to the events. Do not think that you're going to be a loner for the 4-6 years that you are in college. You will be sad and regret doing that. Love your campus. You are going to be spending a lot of time on it. Enjoy it all. You'll never get another opportunity like it.

The worst thing I would have to say about universities in general is the fact that it is so expensive. I am only a college freshman and I have accumulated enough debt to keep me working well past however long I had originally planned on retiring. I believe these prices pressure students into obtaining a degree that is unreachable for their education level. For example an education major may have to change to something higher on the occupation chain just because of tuition cost. I don't much care for that.

I, again, believe that finances are what keep me worried and frustrated. It is very difficult to find a job in a small town and the cost and time consuming college hinders one from obtaining an occupation and a full bank account. It's all just so expensive.

Merry

My undergraduate school was best known for small class sizes, accessability and great programs in education and pharmacy. My graduate school is known for easy accessability, smaller classes and team work in classes.

This individual would first and foremost put much more effort in my academics as well as participate in more programs in the high school. As a senior, I chose only to work when I wanted to and although I earned my high school diploma, I failed to achieve the levels that I had the potential to. I would also plan for college, financially as well as academically. My desire after school was simply to find a job and earn money which I would then spend. As a result, I was unprepared for life and rather than having goals for myself, I chose to live life moment by moment. I would value friendships, both students and educators and make sure those relationships continued past my high school years. I would seek the advice of my parents and mentors rather than choosing to do as I pleased. I believe that I would choose a more realistic path that would benefit me in the future as a citizen and as a parent.

The best thing about the school I attended as an undergraduate were small class sizes and a small campus. Professors were readily accessible and it was easy to get any help I needed in my work. As a graduate student , online classes have given a great advantage in that I can work late or early, my professors are available and I am able to benefit by interacting with students from many backgrounds in many places.

Dorothy

To start off, I never made it to my senior year I dropped out of school in 10th grade to get married. I am just starting out college at the age of 54. I would have told myself to stay in school and that starting college right from high school graduation would have been the easiest way to go. You are still in the learning mode and and what you have learned in high school is still fresh in your mind. when you decide to wait Life has a way of getting in the way. Going back to school after 30 years will be alot more difficult than going right away. I am raising my grandson so his needs have to be met before mine. That means studying at all hours, after cooking and cleaning etc. .It will be a challenge. One that I look forward to.

Derek

The small size of the school helps be more personable in the classes. It helps the professors be more one on one with the students.

I probably would have told myself to have gone to college sooner in life. Also, to not be afraid of the transition to college. I know alot of people get scared of the added reponsibilty of enrolling in college. You just need to remember that you can find help pretty much everywhere if you feel overwhelmed, and to also really think about the major your choosing if that's the right one for you.

The classes are very easy to find. You dont have to worry about getting lost on a big campus racing to find your class on time.

If I could go back i time, I would tell myself to learn to study. There are classes in which all you do is take tests and the study time that goes into the tests are very vital to the success in the class. Also I would tell myself too be more diligent with my homework. Unlike in high school, homework is not due the next day and can sometimes not be due for a weeks at a time. The best time to start on that homework is after class so the lessons of the day are fresh in your mind. Also I would tell myself to not be afraid to make new friends. College is a time to learn more about yourself. It is also a time to find the people with whom you can surround yourself in learning who are you are. It is the time to find the adult inside you ready, or not, for the adventure of life.

The best thing about SWOSU is the smallness of the campus. It is very easy to walk from class to class. In each class, there will be people who you can recognize and who will recognize you. The atmosphere of the campus is a very friendly one. Being on campus just feels like being at home.

The type of person who should not attend this school is person who does a small-town feel of a place to live. SWOSU is a small university. The class sizes are reasonably small and sometimes the professors can identify the students in the class without calling roll. This school is not for a person the type of person who wants to get lost in the crowd or be anonymous. Just walking across the campus, you are bound to recognize at least one person.

Alejandra

You had to make the hard decision of choosing whether to stay close to home or go farther away. You are afraid of regreting your decision, but let me tell you to stop worring. |You will be okay and will love college. Get over being homesick; it will take away opportunites to make friends. Do not spend sleepless nights worrying about school because you are a hard working girl who has God by your side. He will not let anything bad happen to you. Remember, things happen for a reason so accept things how they are. If you would have stayed home, you probably would have not made new friends because you would have stayed with your old friends. Coming to a new place forced you to meet your new best friend. She means the world to you and is there whenever you need her most. Also, if you would have stayed close to home, you would not be part of a great program like the Southwestern Bulldog Marching Band. Southwestern is a great adventure and experience that will impact your life in a great way. Take the chance,spread your wings, and leave home. Remember, have fun!

A student, who is used to big schools, should reconsider coming to Southwestern. Southwestern is a medium size school with an average class size of twenty-six students. It is a place where every face looks familiar, and almost everybody`s name is known. A reserved student might want to keep their life private. Also, since it is not a big school, Southwestern does not have a huge variety of events. An active student might want to have a huge range of options of organizations or events.

Southwestern Oklahoma State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.