Weatherford, OK
Southwestern Oklahoma State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern Oklahoma State University

Allyson

The classes are very small at this school and the professors are always willing to help students if they are struggling or if they have questions. The professors are very personable and accessible.

If I were able to go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself three things to utilize while attending college. I would first tell myself to be more open to making friends and to be more accepting of people in general. I realized when I came to college that there are many different kinds of people within the world and simply because someone is different than I had expected does not make them someone I should avoid. I would also tell myself to learn while in high school how to manage my time more efficiently. Several of my professors at this school have told me that each student should spend at least double the time preparing outside of class as what they spend within the classroom. For example, a student should spend six hours outside of the classroom preparing for a three hour class. I did not come to college expecting to spend that much time preparing outside of class, but that is what is necessary to succeed in a university setting. Last of all, I would tell myself to have fun in college and always be myself.

The campus police are not a very obvious force at this school. I feel safe as long as I travel before dark. The campus police could be more involved and reports and incidents are very rarely taken seriously and rarely is anything done when something is reported. Also, the school has activities for students to get involved in the college only for the first month of the school year. After that month very little activities are provided for students to get involved on campus.

Joshua

I would have told myself get the meal plans every semester. I would also tell myself to work out a good plan with my advisor several months before starting college. Another thing I wish I would have looked into was CLEP ing out of more General Education classes. That is probably the biggest thing that I wish I would have done differently. CLEP ing out of classes would be the best way to insure how soon someone gets out of college. I wish I would have known more about it before starting classes. Other than that I felt that I was pretty prepared for school since I was in the military for 2 years before I came to college. Military life is probably the best way to prepare and be ready for a good transition.

Anybody that wants a good college experience for cheap

People who are use to being in big cities and like to have everything that a big city has.

We are best know for the quality of the campus life. The school provides a lot of activities for students to particcipate in outside of school.

i would tell myself to start school and not skip a year. I would tell my self to just go and get my GE classes done and explore around to figure out exactly what I want to do when I graduate. I would tell myself to take all the help I can get from the faculty on campus because they really know what they are doing here.

A person who likes the feel of a small town and a small school.

Eric

My classmates were down to earth people who enjoyed life and learning.

My classmates were down to earth people who enjoyed life and learning.

Study harder and don't be afraid to push yourself academically. Don't be afraid to fail if you are trully trying. Failure is a part of learning as long as you're putting it all out there. Go after your dreams and focus on them, they are yours and yours alone and they will sustain you in difficult times as long as you are faithful to them. Listen to and learn from those who love you. They do know more than you even if they don't. Just learn the difference. Enjoy life, you only have one shot. Inhale it everyday as though it's your last, for many it is and will be for you too. This is more valuable than anything. Learn to love knowledge, understanding, and those who impart it. Don't waste time with people who don't cherish their life. Call your mom, she misses you.

Someone looking for a small school experience in which they can be active and known on campus by other students and professors.

Thomas

Quite the quaint little college of a curious loyalty and diversity, not to mention the nice rural scenery, or for that matter, it being the best school of pharmacy in the entire midwest to region.

Give her up. She dumped you, you're coming into a new chapter of your life, enjoy it. Study a bit more than you did in highschool, sure, you can get by, but step out of the crowd and show people what you're made of, you can be the lion instead of the mouse, and the sooner you choose to do so, the better.

Everyone knows him, there's that one guy who came to college expecting orgies and beer every night, so he walks around drunk and tries to hook up with women 24/7, we have 2 of them, however, one finally got caught and put in county,

Ashton

Always know that your future is in your own hands. Go out and have fun and enjoy college. It is the best part of your life. I was glad I prepared in high school so I knew how to study. Stay trueto yourself.

Being at a university that is 9 hours from my family. It is very hard on weekends to find students who stay behind. I think a program for out of state students together. Other than that I love school.

Kids that have never been away from home. I played softball and traveled all over the U.S. and I was used to being away from home. Kids that rely on home life would find this to be difficult.

Aubrey

How helpful and friendly everyone around is.

How helpful and friendly everyone around is.

Go out there and experience new things. Be adventurous and make new friends.

That everyone leaves on the weekends. For people like me who come from far away and can't go home every weekend it stinks to sit in your dorm all weekend.

Coralia

I would advise myself to not spend my time that is not worth it. My main idea of going to college will be to success in every single class not putting at risk my grades if i did like or not the teachers or classmates i was with. My main concentration will be books and knowing i can have social moments whenever time was the best. I also will advise myself to make friends who will benefit in my studies.

A person who is most interested in social event and entertainment other than education.

1) Professors go above and beyond in helping students. They are like best friend during your semester. They are friendly and their really interesting in the student successfullness in college. 2) Classmates get to know each other very well even though they just met in the first class, they challenges each other to have outstanding grades. 3) School size is great with pasive enviroment/

Jaqueline

My school is pretty small, but in a good way, and that just means you know half of the kids so you're always having fun and learning.

In every class I have been in since last year, I have always had classmates that are cool and fun andmake the class interesting and I have kept friends from all the classes I have ever had.

"Hey, you're making the right choice going to SWOSU, so don't second guess yourself. It's going to work out great because it is exactly what you want. Don't be scared to make new friends, because it is totally easy! Living without mom is hard at first, but I promise it gets way better! And when she says to get a job, get one. Balancing school and a job i easy. There are so many options for classes and at the times you want to go. We both know you'll never get up early, so you can take afternoon classes. You will be great! Good luck, even though I know you don't need it.

rafel

The best advice I have is to start with a college that your interested in and research it. A key thing to being happy at the college of your choice is to make sure it is a good fit for yourself. Some questions to ask are ; is the location right? is this college the right size? In order to make the most of your college experience, my best advice is to become involved. There are a number of clubs, organizations, fraternities, events, gatherings, and any other social event you could think of that occur at colleges. In order to be happy in college you have to have friends. I have found, through my 3 years of college , most of the people I have met are through campus related events. The college I am at is not the biggest and not the best located, but I have had a great time at this college because of friends. I will never forget some of the things I've experienced or people I've met through campus events.

The worse thing about the school is the construction going on in and around the school. The remodeling is a good thing, but at the same time they are working during class which makes it hard to concentrate.

Somebody who is not going to put forth the effort it requires to do well in this school. This school has a good reputation of being a good academic school, so a person not willing to do the work would not do well here.

Southwestern Oklahoma State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.