Weatherford, OK
Southwestern Oklahoma State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern Oklahoma State University

Coralia

I would advise myself to not spend my time that is not worth it. My main idea of going to college will be to success in every single class not putting at risk my grades if i did like or not the teachers or classmates i was with. My main concentration will be books and knowing i can have social moments whenever time was the best. I also will advise myself to make friends who will benefit in my studies.

A person who is most interested in social event and entertainment other than education.

1) Professors go above and beyond in helping students. They are like best friend during your semester. They are friendly and their really interesting in the student successfullness in college. 2) Classmates get to know each other very well even though they just met in the first class, they challenges each other to have outstanding grades. 3) School size is great with pasive enviroment/

Jaqueline

My school is pretty small, but in a good way, and that just means you know half of the kids so you're always having fun and learning.

In every class I have been in since last year, I have always had classmates that are cool and fun andmake the class interesting and I have kept friends from all the classes I have ever had.

"Hey, you're making the right choice going to SWOSU, so don't second guess yourself. It's going to work out great because it is exactly what you want. Don't be scared to make new friends, because it is totally easy! Living without mom is hard at first, but I promise it gets way better! And when she says to get a job, get one. Balancing school and a job i easy. There are so many options for classes and at the times you want to go. We both know you'll never get up early, so you can take afternoon classes. You will be great! Good luck, even though I know you don't need it.

rafel

The best advice I have is to start with a college that your interested in and research it. A key thing to being happy at the college of your choice is to make sure it is a good fit for yourself. Some questions to ask are ; is the location right? is this college the right size? In order to make the most of your college experience, my best advice is to become involved. There are a number of clubs, organizations, fraternities, events, gatherings, and any other social event you could think of that occur at colleges. In order to be happy in college you have to have friends. I have found, through my 3 years of college , most of the people I have met are through campus related events. The college I am at is not the biggest and not the best located, but I have had a great time at this college because of friends. I will never forget some of the things I've experienced or people I've met through campus events.

The worse thing about the school is the construction going on in and around the school. The remodeling is a good thing, but at the same time they are working during class which makes it hard to concentrate.

Somebody who is not going to put forth the effort it requires to do well in this school. This school has a good reputation of being a good academic school, so a person not willing to do the work would not do well here.

Novina

The most important things to look for when finding the right college is how one will pay for school and how much tuition costs will be. Also it is important to know if the student wants to be in a rural or big city setting. It is also important to know what fields of study are available at the school that the student might be interested in. It is also important to know about the living conditions the student might be living in and what the options are for living accomodations.

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who likes the rural setting and small town experience. Someone who is ready to be accountable to their teachers and fellow students. Someone who is ready to learn and eager to be a part of the college experience.

I brag about how good my academic advisor is and how she has helped me through every step of my educational program and she helped me to get the classes i needed to be able to graduate on time. Also I would brag about the smaller classes and the ease of most courses that I have taken at this school.

Koby

first off sign up for every scholarship possible; you can never have to much aid. Next find the university that fits your preferences; if you want to get far away then do it, or if you want to stay close to home do it. Apply to all colleges that interest you. Attend the orientations it is a great way to meet new people and make friends in a new place. Do your school work throughout the day instead of puttin it off until that night, so you can have time for activities and social life. The field you wish to go into upon graduating college should also be a deciding factor in the college you attend; choose one that is strong in that area.

college course reqcuire a lot more studying, finances are not as easy to come by as many think, the campus life is pretty boring; not much going on

tough classes, good education, allows you to get general ed and other classes that transfer to larger universities, strong pharmacy school ; chemistry and physics classes

Novina

My advice is to find a college that is right for the student, a college that meets academic, size, financial criteria. The college has too have the right type of degree program for the student. The college should also have extracirricular activies, clubs, or sports that the student is interested in. The college should have on-campus housing if that is where the student would like to live. Also having a college be in a good location, close to shopping areas and restaurants is one of the most important things for students who are out on their own for the first time and having things to do other than school activities and homework is important too.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who is academic and career focused and wants more out of life .

The kind of person who shouldn't atten this school is someone who doesn't want to learn and focus on getting a career and good grades to have a better future and people who just don't care about their education or future job.

My advice would be to apply and tutor all the colleges you are interested in, and get as much as info about each of them as you can. Don't just go to the school where your best friends from high school went, venture out and make new friends because college friends will last a lifetime. Ask lots of questions about the colleges you are looking at, no question is inappropriate. As for making the most of your college experience; get involved! Join intermural sports, clubs, campus organizations, etc. Its a great to meet people with similar interests and make great friends. Find a balance between your acedemics and social life. Both are important. You can't have a great college experience if you never socialize but you also won't have one if you never study or succeed in class. Go to class, skipping class is the worest way to ruin your grades! Don't stress out, but study hard and do well on tests early in the year so when finals roll around your grade will be secured.

Someone who likes small, personal classrooms should attend here. Also if you like small town environment and friendly people you would enjoy SWOSU.

We have a great pharmacy program. The environment is great, friendly and safe. I like the small classroom size and the availbility of professors.

Cally

My classmates are encouraging and friendly.

My classmates are encouraging and friendly.

Pharmacy and business schools.

I would say that students should go to a school that for sure offers the program they want to get into. One that if they are an athlete, has a competitive team. I have really enjoyed my time here at SWOSU, I really like the people and the professors, I think that is very important, you want to feel welcome and not out of place. I think that your financial situation needs to be considered, because you can not consintrate on school if your stressed about money. Other than I would just say to make sure it is a place where you can have fun, be yourself, and gain a lot of experiences, because that is a big part of college too.

Courtney

"The Focus Is You" SWOSU uses that slogan and it gets annoying as its not always true. The dean tends to act more friendly than she really is.

The class sizes are small and the majority of the teachers get to know their students.

Go on a tour, try to meet with a teacher and ask random students walking around the advantages and disadvantages of coming to their school. The students are honest, but get many people because some hate it and some love it, while others are neutral. Try to get multiples of each before deciding. Find out if the city around it has things to do, and what the school offers. The school is not the only important thing, its the teachers and your surroundings that make it a good or bad place to learn.

ebony

allow yourself time to look over the school and visit and make sure its the right choice for you.

some one just starting school

someone looking for the best degree possible

Southwestern Oklahoma State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.